Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Teddy Bridgewater, confidence problemo?

Quote:Per rotoworld:

Sure glad Blake doesn't have that problem.

Honestly probably can attribute that to the better approach with coaching than an indictment of teddy or proof that bortles is better.
Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

It not confidence, its him just playing football.

http://www.nfl.com/combine/story/0ap2000...-nfl-draft

Quote:Honestly probably can attribute that to the better approach with coaching than an indictment of teddy or proof that bortles is better.

But wasn't Teddy supposed to be the most pro ready QB in this draft?
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Quote:But wasn't Teddy supposed to be the most pro ready QB in this draft?

Yes he was but as it turns out. Like usual, these NFL GM's know more than any of us and any of the talking heads.

I still like teddy a lot. But Caldwell made the right choice.
Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

Quote:But wasn't Teddy supposed to be the most pro ready QB in this draft?
He is the next Manning, Rodgers, Brady, Montana.  He has to be the best pro ready QB

Maybe he'll get better when the new Madden hits the shelves.

http://elitedaily.com/sports/rookie-qb-t...ox/649905/

He did the same thing at Louisville, putting his playbook into NCAA football on xbox for extra "practice."

Time to put down the controller, and time to put on the big boy pants.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

I have a feeling that the Jags scouts had an advantage when evaluating the QBs, they basically looked at Blaine Gabbert's qualities, and went with the complete opposite and voila!: Blake Bortles

(no offense BG)

Teddy looking like Peyton

Quote:Teddy looking like Peyton

Bridgewater looked pretty damn good tonight. Cassel looks like an entirely different QB with Norv Turner running the offense.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Per rotoworld:

Quote:Bridgewater leads Vikings to comeback win

Teddy Bridgewater | MIN

(August 16, 2014 11:48 PM EDT)

Teddy Bridgewater completed 16-of-20 passes for 177 yards and two touchdowns in Saturday night's preseason game against the Cardinals.

Bridgewater bounced back in a major way after struggling in his debut. He didn't have any turnovers and only took one sack. Bridgewater was decisive in the pocket and engineered an impressive two-minute drill in the fourth quarter that ended with a touchdown to Rodney Smith. Matt Cassel held serve against the Cardinals and is 17-of-22 passing for 210 yards with a touchdown through two preseason games. Bridgewater is still behind Cassel, but his performance this week keeps him in the mix the for the Week 1 job.

Quote:Bridgewater looked pretty damn good tonight. Cassel looks like an entirely different QB with Norv Turner running the offense.

It will be interesting to see if the Vikings give Teddy Bridgewater a chance to play against a # 1 Defense in the pre-season,  much like the opportunity Blake Bortles is getting on the road against the Lions and Johnny Manziel is getting on the road against the Redskins.

Quote:It will be interesting to see if the Vikings give Teddy Bridgewater a chance to play against a # 1 Defense in the pre-season, much like the opportunity Blake Bortles is getting on the road against the Lions and Johnny Manziel is getting on the road against the Redskins.

Both teams should play the rookie.

I'm not looking too much into TB leading the Vikings to a win last night. If Bortles had have stayed on the field instead of bringing on Morris on Thursday I'm sure the Jags would have won the Bears game.

Didn't the viking just have a game like 3 days ago too??? How is time blending together like this? Haha

Teddy is going to be a solid QB in this league
[Image: Brunell_sig_zps13c33193.jpg]

I wish the Jags let Bortles finish the game against Chicago like Minnesota did with Teddy.

I like Bortles a lot, but I think the team needs to give him more reps in games. I know he's supposed to play a quarter with the starters against Detroit, but I'd like to see him stay in after that quarter. 

Quote:Teddy is going to be a solid QB in this league
GOAT

Norv Turner could probably make Gabbert look good, but TB is certainly going to be a good pro in a few seasons.

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(This post was last modified: 08-17-2014, 03:28 PM by The Eleventh Doctor.)

Quote:Norv Turner could probably make Gabbert look good, but TB is certainly going to be a good pro in a few seasons.

If Jim (or is it John?  I'm always confused) Harbaugh can't, I"m not sure Turner could.

What I would like to see from Bortles is a Touchdown. 

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

I like Teddy. Wish him the best. Seems like a good guy.