Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Polian on Jags Roster Improvements

http://www.jaguars.com/media-gallery/vid...3fca5e52f5

On Bortles:  

"He's got presence, arm strength, diligence, he's smart.....   Rome wasn't built in a day. You could set him back significantly if you put him in there before he's ready, or before the right people around him are in place."

On D-Line:

"It's a group that can not only turn some heads but it's deep.  ...you need to have a wave of defensive lineman who can replace each other, take snaps and play at a high level. And they have that." 

O-Line -  "They need to solidify a core group on the offensive line. The answer at center has to be found. Once you find that - I think that group will solidify."

RBs :   

"I think it's a pretty deep RB group to be honest with you...."

WR:

"receiving core has real talent in it. Will take a while to develop, but the talent is there."

ST:  "When Ace comes back they may be, certainly the best in the division, and maybe even among the best in the league." 

LB:

"linebacking core is much improved and maybe a budding star in the young man from Florida State...."

On division:

"...this could be the team that sneaks up on everybody." 

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Awesome to hear.  I agree that Telvin might be a star in the making.

<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

Nice to hear the compliments, but it's kind of difficult to take input from Bill Polian. Not to say he's going to be dishonest, but still...it's not like he can just blast the talent we have given who we have picking our players.

Quote:http://www.jaguars.com/media-gallery/vid...3fca5e52f5

On Bortles:  

"He's got presence, arm strength, diligence, he's smart.....   Rome wasn't built in a day. You could set him back significantly if you put him in there before he's ready, or before the right people around him are in place."

On D-Line:

"It's a group that can not only turn some heads but it's deep.  ...you need to have a wave of defensive lineman who can replace each other, take snaps and play at a high level. And they have that." 

O-Line -  "They need to solidify a core group on the offensive line. The answer at center has to be found. Once you find that - I think that group will solidify."

RBs :   

WR:

"receiving core has real talent in it. Will take a while to develop, but the talent is there."

ST:  "When Ace comes back they met be, certainly the best in the division, and maybe even among the best in the league." 

LB:

"linebacking core is much improved and maybe a budding star in the young man from Florida State...."

On division:

I agree with the sneaking up on people part. But I disagree with the RB/WR positions right now. It's still too early to tell.

[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

Telvin could've been a 1st or second rounder if he bulked up and didn't roll that doobie.

Just watched it.  Polian seems to be impressed with the job Caldwell is doing.  He seems to think the division is wide open although he says with Andrew Luck in Indy, he believes they have to be considered the favorite right now.  Who knows?

I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

Quote:Telvin could've been a 1st or second rounder if he bulked up and didn't roll that doobie.
We got guys in the middle rounds who could have been first or seconds. Colvin is another that springs to mind.

Quote:http://www.jaguars.com/media-gallery/vid...3fca5e52f5

On Bortles:  

On D-Line:

RBs :   

WR:

ST:  "When Ace comes back they met be, certainly the best in the division, and maybe even among the best in the league." 

LB:

On division:

On Bortles...it's glad to see justification for the proposition Bortles should not be inserted into the starting lineup before he is ready or before his surrounding cast is adequate to support him.

It's great to hear Polian speak so highly about the D-Line and RBs.

Also neat to hear he seems fond of Ace Sanders, too.

Regarding LBs...we have quite a few from Florida State.  Could he be more specific?  ;-)

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

I think the d-line has potential and will be much improved. Still, I think they are in the middle of the pack when comparing them to the rest of the d-lines in the league. And I completely disagree about our runningbacks. I have yet to see a team this preseason where I felt comfortable saying we are better than these guys at this position. I like the promise at linebacker, but I don't think we'll significantly improve until we can upgrade the MLB position as I think Poz is just average.

People are taking note, and the team is headed in the right direction right now. 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Quote:I think the d-line has potential and will be much improved. Still, I think they are in the middle of the pack when comparing them to the rest of the d-lines in the league. And I completely disagree about our runningbacks. I have yet to see a team this preseason where I felt comfortable saying we are better than these guys at this position. I like the promise at linebacker, but I don't think we'll significantly improve until we can upgrade the MLB position as I think Poz is just average.

I was taking your post somewhat seriously until you called Paul average.
Huh

Quote:I think the d-line has potential and will be much improved. Still, I think they are in the middle of the pack when comparing them to the rest of the d-lines in the league. And I completely disagree about our runningbacks. I have yet to see a team this preseason where I felt comfortable saying we are better than these guys at this position. I like the promise at linebacker, but I don't think we'll significantly improve until we can upgrade the MLB position as I think Poz is just average.

[Image: tumblr_n4f1qcAY821r6aoq4o1_400.gif]

Quote:People are taking note, and the team is headed in the right direction right now. 
I agree and one of the 1st things people talk about is that D line.  You get that pass rush solid and deep...and special things happen.  As for the guy who stated Poz was just average...c'mon, the guy is a stud.

If anyone has doubt in Paul Posluzny's ability, watch the first defensive play vs tampa.

The above poster is not the first one to say Paul is average although I think the correct word is underrated.

He will be better behind this Dline

Quote:He will be better behind this Dline
Paul even better? That's a scary thought

(This post was last modified: 08-13-2014, 11:08 PM by The_Anchorman.)

Quote:Paul even better? That's a scary thought

We're talking about the same guy that intercepted Manning and ran it in for a TD, right?  That joke of a LB??  Yeah, how come we haven't Gabberted him?

<<<<Gabberted--- To take a dud player and dupe a stupid franchise into a most beneficial trade package.  See SF49ers>>>>

Lol one of the best special teams in the league. May even lead the league in punting yards again, yawn!

Quote:We're talking about the same guy that intercepted Manning and ran it in for a TD, right? That joke of a LB?? Yeah, how come we haven't Gabberted him?

<<<<Gabberted--- To take a dud player and dupe a stupid franchise into a most beneficial trade package. See SF49ers>>>>
we could stand to Gabbert a few members here I'm sure. Poz might just make his second pro bowl this season.