Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Bortles #2 backup QB in the league

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000..._wesseling. Seems like the kid is starting to pick up the praise and recognition. Vick is the only back up ahead of him on the list and hopefully Bortles won't even be on the list too long. Granted, this may have more to do with Henne being our starter.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Mallett isn't better than half those guys below him.

Quote:Mallett isn't better than half those guys below him.
he sure dosent seem like it. They also showed his 13 game compilation of preseason games and it wasen't pretty.

Also, I know this may be blasphemous to say, but Blaine Gabbert > Jeff Tuel.

I said it.

Hah Gabbert

Quote:he sure dosent seem like it. They also showed his 13 game compilation of preseason games and it wasen't pretty.

I'm also pretty confused as to why Matt Hasselbeck is so low, but I guess it's because of his age.

Quote:I'm also pretty confused as to why Matt Hasselbeck is so low, but I guess it's because of his age.
I thought he retired

(This post was last modified: 08-13-2014, 10:11 AM by Kane.)

Quote:Also, I know this may be blasphemous to say, but Blaine Gabbert > Jeff Tuel.

I said it.
Uh... no. I think Tuel is Buffalo's best QB (I think EJ flops out this season, bad). Gabbert looked like Gabbert in San Fran. Tuel actually moved the Bills in his time in.

The comment in the article on Bortles is why people on the board are so excited. He made more NFL throws in the game last week than Henne will make all preseason, and more than the rest of the rookie QB class made in the first week of preseason.

Quote:I thought he retired

Me too, he's been around for a really long time.

Quote:Uh... no. I think Tuel is Buffalo's best QB. Gabbert looked like Gabbert in San Fran. Tuel actually moved the Bills in his time in.

Jokes don't carry well over text I guess. 

Quote:Me too, he's been around for a really long time.

Jokes don't carry well over text I guess.
I thought you were serious.

Quote:The comment in the article on Bortles is why people on the board are so excited. He made more NFL throws in the game last week than Henne will make all preseason, and more than the rest of the rookie QB class made in the first week of preseason.
Couldn't say it better myself.

I ain't no monkey... I'm an ape. Banana

The worst NFL backup on his list.....he's got Gabbert dead last. 

Quote:The worst NFL backup on his list.....he's got Gabbert dead last. 
Everyone > Gabbert

I ain't no monkey... I'm an ape. Banana

Quote: 

Bortles made more NFL throws in the preseason opener than the rest of the early-round rookies combined

This is particularly nice to hear.

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

I don't know if I'd put Bortles ahead of Bridgewater quite yet, but as far as the future is concerned, I'm happier with Bortles.  I'd put Carr lower and Mallet way lower.

Quote:I don't know if I'd put Bortles ahead of Bridgewater quite yet, but as far as the future is concerned, I'm happier with Bortles.  I'd put Carr lower and Mallet way lower.
No offense, but Bortles looks quite a bit better than Bridgewater so far. It's hard to compare from a preseason game. But from what I have seen from both, Bortles is looking better than the rookie QBs so far. Only time will tell though.

GO JAGS!!

Let's Get Em!!!! Go Jags!

After looking at that list I think more of Chad Henne. While he is currently the starter, we all know he is going to be the backup at some point and I think he is better than most of the guys on that list.

Wow!!!! Didn't Gabbert actually move up to #32?

I remember seeing a list ranking all 32 starting QB's, in order, during last season (while Gabbert was actually starting) and Gabbert actually came in at #33.

Who says a change of venue can't be good for your career?

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

(This post was last modified: 08-13-2014, 07:43 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

Quote:I don't know if I'd put Bortles ahead of Bridgewater quite yet, but as far as the future is concerned, I'm happier with Bortles.  I'd put Carr lower and Mallet way lower.
What makes you think this?  He beat him last year in a game head to head, had the better pro day, drafted 29 spots earlier, Teddy just threw 3 Int. and almost 4 in practice, and Blake had the better preseason game!  At this point, I don't see how you could put Teddy over Blake?