Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Bortles #2 backup QB in the league

Quote:The comment in the article on Bortles is why people on the board are so excited. He made more NFL throws in the game last week than Henne will make all preseason, and more than the rest of the rookie QB class made in the first week of preseason.

The problem our QBs have had for the last what, 7 years?, has been that they are 1 read then check down type QBs.

It's still early in Bortles' career, but  he definitely didn't look like a check downer last Friday.

I'm cautiously optimistic about Thursday's game.  But, as some have said in another thread, he's bound to have ups and downs...  

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:The problem our QBs have had for the last what, 7 years?, has been that they are 1 read then check down type QBs.

It's still early in Bortles' career, but  he definitely didn't look like a check downer last Friday.

I'm cautiously optimistic about Thursday's game.  But, as some have said in another thread, he's bound to have ups and downs...

All QBs throw the check downdown sometimes. The difference is the great one throw it when it really is the best pass to throw.

Bortles looks like he gets it so far.

I would rank Gabbert just below Vito Stellino in terms of QB ability.

Quote:Wow!!!! Didn't Gabbert actually move up to #32?

I remember seeing a list ranking all 32 starting QB's, in order, during last season (while Gabbert was actually starting) and Gabbert actually came in at #33.

Who says a change of venue can't be good for your career?

Technically.....   Gabbert went from 33rd to 64th.  Sooooooooo......  not so much. 

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highl...6096/Blake-

If he performs as good as he did against Tampa Bay against Chicago (or dare I say even better) the pressure will continue to mount, especially if Chad performs the way he did against TB against Chicago going into Week 3 I expect Bortles will start and get his true chance at proving himself.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Hah Gabbert
Well i mean out of 32 teams which it seems the author did, he then ranked Gabbert 32nd but I think if he truly went on back up talent surely some teams 3rd string is better than Gabbert...

Quote:Mallett isn't better than half those guys below him.
He played really bad last week, but should you grade a guy solely on one poor week's performance?