Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jordan Todman

Quote:So far I think your dead on!

No he's not. Storm could easily be the backup this year. 

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

FWIW: Todman and Robinson took first team reps yesterday

Quote:No he's not. Storm could easily be the backup this year. 

We'll see.  Johnson has a lot of seasoning to do before he's that guy. 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Quote:We'll see.  Johnson has a lot of seasoning to do before he's that guy. 

It may not be on week 1, but by seasons end I think its likely that Storm will be at least the primary backup, and it will be merit related as opposed to injury. 

I'm just hoping Cobb can show what he can do in the meantime so that he can carve out a spot rather than to risk losing him via the practice squad. 

Quote:It may not be on week 1, but by seasons end I think its likely that Storm will be at least the primary backup, and it will be merit related as opposed to injury. 

I'm just hoping Cobb can show what he can do in the meantime so that he can carve out a spot rather than to risk losing him via the practice squad. 

Well, if only we could cut the roster down at season's end then. 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Quote:Well, if only we could cut the roster down at season's end then. 

Storm Johnson, barring injury is a lock to make the final cuts. 

That doesn't change what I said in paragraph you were responding to. 

In 1998 Fred Taylor didn't do much in the preseason games...as a matter of fact he didn't do much at all until taking over for James Stewart following his knee injury. But it was always assumed that despite the lackluster performance up to that moment that Fred was the much more talented RB of the 2. Thats how I see both Storm and Cobb, frankly. They are both the most talented RB's on the team. This may take awhile for it to show, but when all is said and done, I believe it will. 

Quote:Storm Johnson, barring injury is a lock to make the final cuts. 

In 1998 Fred Taylor didn't do much in the preseason games...as a matter of fact he didn't do much at all until taking over for James Stewart following his knee injury. But it was always assumed that despite the lackluster performance up to that moment that Fred was the much more talented RB of the 2. Thats how I see both Storm and Cobb, frankly. They are both the most talented RB's on the team. This may take awhile for it to show, but when all is said and done, I believe it will. 

Yes, 1st round pick Fred Taylor is JUST like 7th round pick Storm Johnson. 

Cobb has done nothing.  If he's on the roster, he'll have a PS next to his name. 

Quote:Yes, 1st round pick Fred Taylor is JUST like 7th round pick Storm Johnson.

Cobb has done nothing. If he's on the roster, he'll have a PS next to his name.

So Storm's roster spot isn't as much of a lock as Fred's was in '98?

Are you sure?

Whatever the case is, the running game isn't going to do anything until the O-Line gets its run blocking straight. I know it's pre-season and teams keep it simple in blocking schemes, but last game was still pretty ugly.

Quote:Storm Johnson, barring injury is a lock to make the final cuts. 

What the hell are you talking about?

Quote:So Storm's roster spot isn't as much of a lock as Fred's was in '98?

Are you sure?

I know, it's a reach, but anything is possible. 

(This post was last modified: 08-12-2014, 06:59 PM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:So Storm's roster spot isn't as much of a lock as Fred's was in '98?

Are you sure?

The funny thing is.....Storm's spot IS pretty much just as much of a lock. Not only is he talented enough to earn his roster spot, but also the connection to Bortles means Storm isn't going anywhere. 

Its pretty easy to see. 

(This post was last modified: 08-12-2014, 07:29 PM by David4499.)

Quote:Yeah, if any is a lock, its Storm. 
 I vote this up. I don't see a spot on this team for Todman. He better shine against the Bears if he wants to beat out shoelace.

I ain't no monkey... I'm an ape. Banana

1010 today was discussing this. They seem to think Johnson will be Gerhart's back up with Todman being the third down back.
Huh

Quote:... the connection to Bortles means Storm isn't going anywhere. 

I don't think that is much of a factor and I don't really think he's a lock for the 53.  I'm yet to be impressed, but I do have hope for him. 

I wouldn't mind seeing a Gerhart, D-Rob, Johnson depth chart.    I have a feeling Todman will do something before preseason is complete that will change some peoples minds about him and his place on the roster.  Just a gut-feeling on the guy. 

Quote:What does that matter?? The only thing that does matter is in his footage he displays skills that back up his very impressive numbers in college.

He's got very good short area quickness, as well as long speed. He's also the prototypical build for the position and shown to break tackles well. He's got that lower center of gravity that you want in a player at that position as well. He is decisive to the hole, yet also displays enough patience to let the initial seam develop. Then, unlike most RB he's got that 2nd gear where he's shown to burst through the first level and often took what should have been modest gains into 30 and 40 yarders or more.

The RB position is one of the few that doesn't need 2-3 years of development for you to know what you have. Its very instinctive and thats why more rookies will shine quickly at that position than just about any other.

With Todman, by now, what you see is what you've got.

I expect Cobb to show a lot more than he did in that first game over the next 2-3. He's simply way more talented than that.

Yeah.... He showed all of this playing at Cumberland. Against guys that wouldn't make my old flag football team. I remember you raving about this guy once already so I know you're going to ride that horse until it dies, but I wouldn't bet money on Cobb doing much.
Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

Right now gerhart is the best back we have and he is a very good player. Running, blocking, and catching passes.

I've said before that I believe storm is the future. He just has a lot to learn, but the talent is definitely there.

In terms of Cobb....if he is still in the NFL in 5 years I'd be surprised.
Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

Quote:Yeah.... He showed all of this playing at Cumberland. Against guys that wouldn't make my old flag football team. I remember you raving about this guy once already so I know you're going to ride that horse until it dies, but I wouldn't bet money on Cobb doing much.

you find players where you find players. Are the defenses he's facing playing with 7 players vs 11? Cobb still wouldn't have been as successful vs his competition in colllege if he wasn't as talented as he is.

Anyone but me see Storm starting and Gerhart backing him up this year like he's always done for AP?

I ain't no monkey... I'm an ape. Banana

Quote:you find players where you find players. Are the defenses he's facing playing with 7 players vs 11? Cobb still wouldn't have been as successful vs his competition in colllege if he wasn't as talented as he is.

OK dude.... Obvious statements. Doesn't negate the fact that the level of competition that he looked pretty good, definitely above average...NOT great against, was terrible. He is in no way more talented than gerhart. That's one of your patented TMD reactionary statements.