Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Little League World Series

I look forward to this event every summer. This year I'll be following Mo'Ne Davis. She throws like a girl...70 mph.

If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

She pretty much dominated her game on Sunday. She's no joke man.

I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

I dont watch the LLWS but my son does. I get a kick out of the six foot tall 12 year olds stepping up to the plate.

Quote:I dont watch the LLWS but my son does. I get a kick out of the six foot tall 12 year olds stepping up to the plate.

Many of those 12 year olds have nearly reached their physical maturity. I remember a pitcher in my Little League. Close to 6 feet tall, nobody could touch his fastball. Kid was already shaving. I figured him for the major leagues one day, but he couldn't even make the high school team a few years later.

- Bob Marley

(This post was last modified: 08-12-2014, 09:53 PM by hailtoyourvictor.)

70 MPH isn't necessarily slow at the LL level.

Quote:70 MPH isn't necessarily slow at the LL level.
That's what the OP is saying. 70 at that level is pretty dang good.
TravC59, aka JacksJags. @TravC59 on Twitter
;
; "This is really good, you want a bite, Honey?"

(This post was last modified: 08-13-2014, 09:20 AM by HURRICANE!!!.)

Quote:I look forward to this event every summer. This year I'll be following Mo'Ne Davis. She throws like a girl...70 mph.

The cool thing about Mo'Ne is that she is from Philly and her age is legit for LL Baseball.  They have records of her growing up and playing football at a very young age so there is a history of her birth, etc.    The thing that I really hate in the LLWS is these teams that have players that you know are older then 13 years old but there is no way to dispute it because the trail of records don't exist. 

Mo'Ne became the first female to pitch a shutout in the LLWS. 0 R  2 H  8 SO  0 BB

Dealin'

- Bob Marley

Quote:The cool thing about Mo'Ne is that she is from Philly and her age is legit for LL Baseball.  They have records of her growing up and playing football at a very young age so there is a history of her birth, etc.    The thing that I really hate in the LLWS is these teams that have players that you know are older then 13 years old but there is no way to dispute it because the trail of records don't exist. 
Or when they use the records of younger siblings. Some day they'll require the payers' footprints to be matched to the players Birth Records...

"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia."
;
Charles Schultz
;

;
"The harder I work, the luckier I get."
;
T-Shirt at District Wrestling Meet.

Quote:Many of those 12 year olds have nearly reached their physical maturity. I remember a pitcher in my Little League. Close to 6 feet tall, nobody could touch his fastball. Kid was already shaving. I figured him for the major leagues one day, but he couldn't even make the high school team a few years later.
I've run into ex-12 year old players of mine that are barely larger than when they played for me .Occasionally though, I've run into players that shot up once they got into high-school.

"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia."
;
Charles Schultz
;

;
"The harder I work, the luckier I get."
;
T-Shirt at District Wrestling Meet.