Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
PFF Refocus - Bucs/Jags

SenDerrick Marks graded off the charts. The D line in general shows up in their stats. Even Ziggy Hood graded +1.2

Quote:<p style="font-size:12px;color:rgb(0,0,0);font-family:verdana, geneva, sans-serif;text-align:left;">It’s fairly obvious that a disastrous performance for the Tampa Bay offensive line means the Jaguars defensive line must have shown well, and that certainly was the case. The starters set the tone as Marks got off to a great start this preseason with a <b>+5.0 </b>on only 11 snaps that included a hit, two hurries, a forced fumble, and a stop in the run game. Newly-acquired DE <b>Red Bryant </b>did his usual work moving blockers in the run game on only four snaps (<b>+1.2 </b>run defense) while fellow former Seahawk, DE <b>Chris Clemons, </b>got in on a sack on his six pass rushes.

<p style="font-size:12px;color:rgb(0,0,0);font-family:verdana, geneva, sans-serif;text-align:left;">While the starters were impressive, it was the depth that told the story for the Jaguars. Whether it was rookie DE <b>Chris Smith </b>jumping snaps, too dangerously at times, for a sack and a hurry or fourth-year DT <b>David Carter </b>batting two passes, the Jacksonville front controlled the game from start to finish. Even DT <b>Ziggy Hood </b>got in on the action against the Bucs’ second-stringers with a<b>+1.2 </b>grade for the game. The Jacksonville defensive front looks stronger on paper, and Friday night was a good start for their offseason acquisitions and young players

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/20...-pre-wk-1/

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

It's fantastic to have some depth at the positions on the line. Marks was very impressive as was Clemons.
<a target="_blank" href="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v107/chuckd132132/p1_manning_all_200.jpg" target="_blank">VIEW IMAGE</a>

Bucs interior line happens to be brutal, just saying.
Your beliefs become your thoughts,
Your thoughts become your words,
Your words become your actions,
Your actions become your habits,
Your habits become your values,
Your values become your destiny.

(This post was last modified: 08-10-2014, 05:29 PM by anon79565.)

Well, at least Linder wasn't terrible at right guard

I know it was against the Bucs 2nd team but hey, it's something

As the season progresses we will find out if our d-line is that much more improved or if the Bucs o-line was as bad as they looked.

The Sen Derrick Marks signing is the kind of signing I've been wanting from past regimes for about 10 years now. 

Low cost/ low risk, high reward. 

Ziggy and Tandon Doss and even Dekoda Watson could all be of the similar type. 

Quote:The Sen Derrick Marks signing is the kind of signing I've been wanting from past regimes for about 10 years now.

Low cost/ low risk, high reward.

Ziggy and Tandon Doss and even Dekoda Watson could all be of the similar type.

Ziggy Hood and Tandon Doss' signing are nothing alike.

Marks looked like a man among boys out there Friday. That's a good thing considering it was a preseason game. He could have simply gone through the motion knowing his job is secure.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Yeah Bucs olines does suck. That doesnt take away from the fact that our defensive line is much improved. The development of Abry Jones combined with a fresh Marks and Clemons will probably have our pass rush in the 14-20 range. Not top tier but not in the cellar like it has been. A top caliber LEO will probably be the focus for next offseason. 

Quote:Ziggy Hood and Tandon Doss' signing are nothing alike.

They are similar in young player signed cheaply with much potential for improvement under better coaching/ system. 

Doss is 24, had a 100 yard game in one of his only starts of his career last year, and also sports a high YPC average. 

I know its almost like you want Doss to fail, but under Sullivan he indeed has a chance to really develop into a quality starter. He was looking really good in practice the day he injured his ankle. 

Quote:They are similar in young player signed cheaply with much potential for improvement under better coaching/ system.

Doss is 24, had a 100 yard game in one of his only starts of his career last year, and also sports a high YPC average.

I know its almost like you want Doss to fail, but under Sullivan he indeed has a chance to really develop into a quality starter. He was looking really good in practice the day he injured his ankle.

Hood got a 4 year deal with 5.5 million guaranteed. Doss got a minimum salary deal with a 65k signing bonus.

Like I said. Nothing alike.

(This post was last modified: 08-10-2014, 09:24 PM by thunderbuns.)

Every team signs Tandon Doss types every year.

Don't pretend to be some sort of visionary.

Quote:Every team signs Tandon Doss types every year.

Don't pretend to be some sort of visionary.

Exactly.  He keeps bringing him up in an almost blatant attempt to be "right" if he pans out.

Low risk, high reward for TMD Wink

Seriously, Doss was brought here to return punts.  If he can contribute even as much as Mike Brown, Doss would be overachieving.

<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

Quote:Exactly.  He keeps bringing him up in an almost blatant attempt to be "right" if he pans out.

Seriously, Doss was brought here to return punts.  If he can contribute even as much as Mike Brown, Doss would be overachieving.

I didn't know I signed Doss. 

Quote:Hood got a 4 year deal with 5.5 million guaranteed. Doss got a minimum salary deal with a 65k signing bonus.

Like I said. Nothing alike.

Considering Hood was a former first rounder, that deal is cheap. 

Considering where Doss was drafted, his deal is cheap. 

Both lower risk , higher reward signings. Both younger players. 

Quote:Considering Hood was a former first rounder, that deal is cheap.

Considering where Doss was drafted, his deal is cheap.

Both lower risk , higher reward signings. Both younger players.

Its ok to say you're wrong.

Quote:Exactly. He keeps bringing him up in an almost blatant attempt to be "right" if he pans out.

Seriously, Doss was brought here to return punts. If he can contribute even as much as Mike Brown, Doss would be overachieving.

If he makes the roster and is inactive each game, Doss would be overachieving.

Quote:Marks looked like a man among boys out there Friday. That's a good thing considering it was a preseason game. He could have simply gone through the motion knowing his job is secure.

Back on topic...Marks was a man possessed Friday night. Great to see.

Quote:Bucs interior line happens to be brutal, just saying.

This is true. Watched the game with my buddy who's a Bucs fan and he said their line will be a good test for us. Yes we need some better performance there, but I'm not extremely worried about them struggling a bit against the likes of McCoy. I still think Linder starts at RG week 1.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Quote:This is true. Watched the game with my buddy who's a Bucs fan and he said their line will be a good test for us. Yes we need some better performance there, but I'm not extremely worried about them struggling a bit against the likes of McCoy. I still think Linder starts at RG week 1.

I believe you are thinking about the wrong line and the wrong sense of the word "brutal".