Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Not worried about Lee yet

I know he was essentially shut out of the stat sheet last night, but is there any chance that the Jags were talking it easy with him, given their current WR situation? He could arguably be the best WR of our bunch, so theres no reason to try and force things that aren't there now, right? 

Anyone know his total snaps count from last night?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:I know he was essentially shut out of the stat sheet last night, but is there any chance that the Jags were talking it easy with him, given their current WR situation? He could arguably be the best WR of our bunch, so theres no reason to try and force things that aren't there now, right? 

Anyone know his total snaps count from last night?

I don't know the snap count for him, and tbh there is no reason to worry about him at this point.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Congratulations on restraining that knee from it's usual jerking motion. :teehee:

I kid, I kid.   No - the time to worry about a promising rookie receiver is still a looooooong way off.  I doubt we'll have to worry much before he does something very impressive to encourage us. 

I don't see any reason to worry about him. I don't even think he had a pass thrown his way. Remember how long it took for Blackmon to have a good game with Henne/Gabbert at QB?

I should hope nobody is worrying about a pick from the first 3 rounds after a single preseason game, unless it's a Punter or a Kicker.

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

(This post was last modified: 08-09-2014, 04:31 PM by The Mad Dog.)

per rotoworld: 

Jaguars coach Gus Bradley questioned rookie WR Marqise Lee's effort in Friday night's preseason opener.

Lee played only 16 snaps, but wasn't targeted in the passing game and appeared to be just going through the motions. "That’s one of those things we’re looking at. Run your routes [like the football] is coming to you," Bradley said. "I’d like to visit with him about what happened. He could have done some things more precise. It wasn’t exactly where we need him to be." Lee has potential to lead Jacksonville in receiving as the starting Z receiver, but is going to struggle with consistency as a rookie receiver playing on a team with major quarterback issues. He's on the redraft radar as a WR4/5.

It's Gus motivating players. Love it. He demands the best from everyone regardless of whether it's in practice or meaningless pre season games. Look for Lee to have a nice game against the Bears.
<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

We should cut him now, it's obvious he'll never be anything in this league.

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(This post was last modified: 08-09-2014, 04:41 PM by NOIS.)

Did he play more with Henne? If so, I could see why he was getting discouraged running routes longer than 5 yards. Henne's not looking down the field that far, and if he does the pass is batted down.

No one is safe.

According to a BCC article, Bradley addressed Lee in his presser and suggested he gave up on some routes. 

<p class="" style="font-family:'Mercury SSm A', 'Mercury SSm B', Georgia, serif;color:rgb(41,41,41);font-size:16px;"> 

Quote:<p class="" style="font-family:'Mercury SSm A', 'Mercury SSm B', Georgia, serif;color:rgb(41,41,41);font-size:16px;">"I think that’s one of the things we’re looking at. It’s the consistency: run your routes every time (as if is) coming to you. You can’t change speeds," Bradley told reporters. "

<p class="" style="font-family:'Mercury SSm A', 'Mercury SSm B', Georgia, serif;color:rgb(41,41,41);font-size:16px;">Lee played only a few drives, presumably because the Jaguars have been hit hard with injuries at the receiver position and there was no real need to trot him out for a long period of time. Though, it appears he might have been pulled for not giving full effort in his routes.

<p class="" style="font-family:'Mercury SSm A', 'Mercury SSm B', Georgia, serif;color:rgb(41,41,41);font-size:16px;">"You can’t choose when and when not to. I’ve told you before that I’ve seen him switch to where he’s more focused," Bradley continued. "I’d like to visit with him about what happened yesterday. He did play good, but he could have done some things even more precise. It wasn’t exactly where we need him to be."

It usually takes a while for rookie receivers to "get it". Justin Blackmon looked lost out there the first half of his rookie season until it finally clicked.

I wonder how much of this is immaturity, how much is him simply learning what it means to be a pro and how much is a function of the dysfunction at USC.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Quote:It usually takes a while for rookie receivers to "get it". Justin Blackmon looked lost out there the first half of his rookie season until it finally clicked.

OTOH, Blackmon looked like a stud in his very first preseason game as a rookie.
<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

Quote:I wonder how much of this is immaturity, how much is him simply learning what it means to be a pro and how much is a function of the dysfunction at USC.

And how much is it the dysfunctional offense last night with Henne under center

(This post was last modified: 08-09-2014, 04:55 PM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:OTOH, Blackmon looked like a stud in his very first preseason game as a rookie.

Stud? I thought he had like 3 catches for 21 yards or something like that in his first pre season game. 

Quote:Stud? I thought he had like 3 catches for 21 yards or something like that in his first pre season game. 

Just looked it up, 4 for 48 and a TD.

Still, that success didn't translate to his first 10 or so games.

Quote:Just looked it up, 4 for 48 and a TD.

Still, that success didn't translate to his first 10 or so games.

Thats a better stat line than I remembered. 

Hopefully Blackmon watched the game yesterday and saw the QB that he could be getting passes from!!! B)

And those stats were in something like a quarter of play. He was a stud in his first action as a Jaguar.

The regular season wasn't the same initially, but that first preseason game instantly showed you that he can be a star.

I can't blame him...look who the QB was.  He had about a 1% chance of getting the ball running a route past 5 yards.  Running a deeper route has basically become exercise for our WRs with Henne at QB.

Not excusing him at all, he needs to improve on that and I'm confident Gus will bring the best out in him.  As well as Coach Sullivan.  I'm just saying I'm hardly concerned yet.

It took Blackmon a while to get it (on the field) it might take Lee awhile too.