Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Telvin Smith

(This post was last modified: 08-09-2014, 12:48 PM by knarnn.)

What an outing in the rookie's first action live. He was absolutely all over the place both on special teams and on defense and had a key impact on the pick 6. His pressure forced the interception and then showed excellent hustle and made the crucial block downfield for Guy's return.

How long before Smith forces his way into the starting lineup?
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Telling you him and Watson are gonna add some insane speed on this defense.

Quote:What an outing in the rookie's first action live. He was absolutely all over the place both on special teams and on defense and had a key impact on the pick 6. His pressure forced the interception and then showed excellent hustle and made the crucial block downfield for Guy's return.

Agreed.  I just watched the game again and he is ravenous.  He's a keeper.

He's a high motor guy with good speed.  The only knock is his size, and you could see where that could be an issue when he made a tackle after being carried for 3  yards. 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

(This post was last modified: 08-09-2014, 01:18 PM by ThunderCat.)

Quote:He's a high motor guy with good speed.  The only knock is his size, and you could see where that could be an issue when he made a tackle after being carried for 3  yards. 

But he's a Pitbull! Once he latches on... He's been a ball hawk throughout college. 

Quote:But he's a Pitbull! Once he latches on... He's been a ball hawk throughout college. 
Yeah, he's a pit bull once he latches on, but to these bigger backs, it's almost like a chihuahua latching on to their ankle.  He needs to bulk up a bit just to put some pop behind the hits. I like the guy.  Don't get me wrong.  He brings something to the table this defense needs.  It would just be nice to see him stick a tackle and plant the guy in his tracks instead of going for a short ride. 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Quote:Yeah, he's a pit bull once he latches on, but to these bigger backs, it's almost like a chihuahua latching on to their ankle.  He needs to bulk up a bit just to put some pop behind the hits. I like the guy.  Don't get me wrong.  He brings something to the table this defense needs.  It would just be nice to see him stick a tackle and plant the guy in his tracks instead of going for a short ride. 

I wonder if he can be one of those beasts that can bulk up and keep the speed / high intensity. Dare I say the next Derrick Brooks?

Quote:What an outing in the rookie's first action live. He was absolutely all over the place both on special teams and on defense and had a key impact on the pick 6. His pressure forced the interception and then showed excellent hustle and made the crucial block downfield for Guy's return.

I think we'll see him in nickel packages with the ones right away.  Beyond that - they may want him to get some more weight before taking over the will spot. 

He looked really good in his preseaon debut! 

for all intents and purposes, he is a starter since we will be nickel for a good majority of the time

Quote:I wonder if he can be one of those beasts that can bulk up and keep the speed / high intensity. Dare I say the next Derrick Brooks?
I don't think he'd have to bulk up too much to where it would impact his speed.  He just needs a little extra pop so that when he wraps someone up, they go down fast.  He's still making the plays regardless, but a little extra bulk would go a long way. 

He was amazing early on. The pick-six was the result of his blitz with his hands in McCown's face, and his later block took out the last tackler. Two key actions on just one play. He was also good in coverage.

He did seem to wear down as the game went on. He missed a tackle in the backfield.

Still, it was a great start for the first game for a rookie, and he showed up well in the scrimmage last week too. He was a huge steal in round 5.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

Quote:I think we'll see him in nickel packages with the ones right away.  Beyond that - they may want him to get some more weight before taking over the will spot. 

He looked really good in his preseaon debut! 

He's already in the nickel package. He was on the field on the second play last night.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

Quote:He was amazing early on. The pick-six was the result of his blitz with his hands in McCown's face, and his later block took out the last tackler. Two key actions on just one play. He was also good in coverage.

He did seem to wear down as the game went on. He missed a tackle in the backfield.

Still, it was a great start for the first game for a rookie, and he showed up well in the scrimmage last week too. He was a huge steal in round 5.

Hes has an extremely high motor. He's a sports car on defense. Maybe he just needs to buildup that stamina with a few more games. 

Quote:He was amazing early on. The pick-six was the result of his blitz with his hands in McCown's face, and his later block took out the last tackler. Two key actions on just one play. He was also good in coverage.

He did start to wear down, but that will be fixed no doubt.  It was a great debut for him.  To see him lay that last block, and to do it in the only way that gave Guy any chance at getting to the end zone was pretty impressive after being the cause of the errant pass on the front end of the play. 

The positives of Telvin smith outweigh the negatives by far.
<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

Looks like a really big safety out there and that is a compliment.

THERE IS A SKELETON INSIDE OF YOU.

RIGHT NOW. THIS IS NOT A JOKE.

Quote:He's already in the nickel package. He was on the field on the second play last night.
I was referring to regular season.  

(This post was last modified: 08-09-2014, 01:54 PM by knarnn.)

Quote:

He did start to wear down, but that will be fixed no doubt.
It was a great debut for him. To see him lay that last block, and to do it in the only way that gave Guy any chance at getting to the end zone was pretty impressive after being the cause of the errant pass on the front end of the play.
I'll give him a pass on that since he was playing a lot of snaps on defense and on punt and kickoff coverages.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Quote:I was referring to regular season.  
no reason to think that it won't be the same situation

Quote:no reason to think that it won't be the same situation
Not at the moment.  Could change - but unlikely.  I simply answered the OP's question the way I interpreted it.  Not sure why the need for clarification.