Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Start Bortles

:backsawayslowly:

:observesfromafar:

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

My body is ready

Quote:My body is ready

I'd say I'm sufficiently warmed up.

inb4 mouthbreather

;

;

Don't get me wrong, Henne is great and all. Its just that Henne sucks.

My mind is tellin' me no...

But my body... My body...

He obviously doesn't have the same command of the offense that Henne does.

\༼ຈل͜ຈ༽/‎ Raise Your Bortles \༼ຈل͜ຈ༽/‎

Quote:He obviously doesn't have the same command of the offense that Henne does.

Savvy veteran, that Henne.

[Media] https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BzVZmt_T...ata_player[/media]
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Here we go... no but really.. he didnt do anything to hurt any potential chances of him starting. Really love that he takes shots down field.

Jags to Riches. Time to take control of the lousy AFCS

There will come a time where Bortles will clearly look like he's ready, both in practice and in live games, his mechanical issues will clear up and it will be impossible not to play him become it will be obvious he'll give us the best chance to win. Until then remember patience is a virtue and enjoy the journey.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

The difference between him and Henne were night and day and I hope he gets the start next week just so we can see how he can do on the first drive with the offense.

Because, as we know, the Jaguars have been historically bad on their first offensive drives the past few seasons.

THERE IS A SKELETON INSIDE OF YOU.

RIGHT NOW. THIS IS NOT A JOKE.

All aboard the start blake train.

I know it's still pre-season, but I really don't want Henne starting against the Eagles Wk. 1

*shudders*

Quote:I know it's still pre-season, but I really don't want Henne starting against the Eagles Wk. 1

*shudders*

Mouth-breather-

Blake in his first preseason game showed us more of the qualities you need in a QB than Henne has showed his entire career.  Henne is what he is.  He's a decent guy to keep around and hold a clipboard for spot duty.  As a full-time starter he's out of place.  Blake coming out of college is a better QB than Henne is now and better than Henne will ever be.  That's not me trying to knock Henne, it's reality.  

Here's the plan...

-Next week no change at QB. Henne starts and Bortles backs up.

-If it's yet again clear that Bortles is outplaying Henne, then give Bortles a look against first stringers by starting him in the Preseason game teams are always intent on winning, and that's the third Preseason game.

-After this game, make the decision... Henne or Bortles... and stick with the decision at least through September.

'02

I said during the scrimmage that Bortles would start week 5 after they get back from the west, but I'll lower that to week 3 for the first home game.