Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Bridgewater struggles in debut

Per rotoworld:

Quote:Bridgewater struggles in first preseason game

Teddy Bridgewater | MIN

(August 8, 2014 10:12 PM EDT)

Teddy Bridgewater completed 6-of-13 passes for 49 yards in Friday night's preseason opener.

Matt Cassel started, but Bridgewater got some work in with the first team. He played into the third quarter and struggled to move the offense, completing 46 percent of his passes and fumbling on a sack that the Vikings recovered. He was sacked twice among 15 dropbacks. Bridgewater showed major issues with his efficiency, so this is a setback to his chances of overtaking Cassel. Bridgewater still has time to close the gap before Week 1.

"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Has to be an error

Teddy could have a good career but I think the Vikings reached for him in the 1st. I was hoping Texans drafted him.

Quote:Has to be an error

He's the greatest don't you know?
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

I just saw the replay of his passes. He looked pretty good considering he played with the 2nd string. He still has not shown me anything down the field. Montana though dinked and dunked all the way to the HOF so what do I know.

Quote:I just saw the replay of his passes. He looked pretty good considering he played with the 2nd string. He still has not shown me anything down the field. Montana though dinked and dunked all the way to the HOF so what do I know.

Just for comparisons sake, per rotoworld:

Quote:Blake Bortles shines in preseason opener

Blake Bortles | JAC

(August 8, 2014 10:00 PM EDT)

Blake Bortles completed 7-of-11 passes for 117 yards in Friday night's preseason opener against the Bucs.

Bortles could have had a couple more completions had Mike Brown not dropped two passes downfield. The No. 3 overall pick came on in relief of Chad Henne midway through the second quarter and immediately started picking apart the Bucs' backup defense. His best throw was a 21-yard strike to UDFA WR Allen Hurns where Bortles looked off the safety and came back to Hurns. Bortles routinely was peppering his receivers in the intermediate-to-deep part of the field. Henne is locked in as the starter, but Bortles' debut qualifies as a huge success.

Bridgewater didn't look bad. I think anyone that watched the game saw him do decent.

Did he look as good as Bortles? Not in my opinion, but I didn't think he "struggled".

THERE IS A SKELETON INSIDE OF YOU.

RIGHT NOW. THIS IS NOT A JOKE.

Quote:Bridgewater didn't look bad. I think anyone that watched the game saw him do decent.

Did he look as good as Bortles? Not in my opinion, but I didn't think he "struggled".

It was OK. He took unnecessary sacks and fumbled the ball. He dinked and dunked for almost 2 quarters and only had 40 something yards to show for it. He needs to step it up to have any shot to beat Cassel who turned in an impressive performance compared to Bridgwater.

I've read differing accounts. CBS spun it as if Teddy had a good first outing despite the errors.

Who cares?

Bortles is our guy. If first impressions matter, we did well.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

He seemed a little quick to leave the pocket but he did show some good potential. As FBT said Bortles is our guy and he showed up.

Wanna bet TMD would have started a thread about Teddy if he played really well in his debut?

Because he was mediocre at best, TMD is nowhere to be found.
<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

Quote:It was OK. He took unnecessary sacks and fumbled the ball. He dinked and dunked for almost 2 quarters and only had 40 something yards to show for it. He needs to step it up to have any shot to beat Cassel who turned in an impressive performance compared to Bridgwater.
I did see quite a bit of dink and dunk. I think Bridgewater was afraid to mess up, and while that attitude will probably still win him the starting job over the reckless Cassel, he needs to play the game like he knows how.

Bortles did exactly that and looked great, and we all know Bridgewater is capable of some beautiful throws, so hopefully Bridgewater, for lack of a better phrase, grows a pair

THERE IS A SKELETON INSIDE OF YOU.

RIGHT NOW. THIS IS NOT A JOKE.

(This post was last modified: 08-09-2014, 09:27 AM by SuperJville.)

Bridgewater reminded me of Gabbert actually. Short throws, low YPA, took unnecessary sacks, looked flustered in the pocket with pressure, etc.

He played scared IMO. Took the easiest read/pass over and over again.
<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

Quote:Wanna bet TMD would have started a thread about Teddy if he played really well in his debut?

Sounds about right.

Quote:Wanna bet TMD would have started a thread about Teddy if he played really well in his debut?

I'm not going to crack on him.  He manned up and admitted he was wrong about tanking last year.  As far as I've seen, he's the only one who has.

He's done a pretty good job of avoiding this discussion.  I'm sure he's trying to find a stat in there he can cling to as an elite number.

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Texans sure are glad they tanked for Teddy right about no-- errrrr, wait a minute...

Quote:Texans sure are glad they tanked for Teddy right about no-- errrrr, wait a minute...

Well at least they can go to their backup plan and trade for Brady 2.0 aka Ryan "The Franchise" Mallett...

<crickets>

Too busy inventing conspiracy theories about absent coaches fighting against cancer.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Quote:Bridgewater reminded me of Gabbert actually. Short throws, low YPA, took unnecessary sacks, looked flustered in the pocket with pressure, etc.

He played scared IMO. Took the easiest read/pass over and over again.

Honestly considered making the same point. The caveat is that I have full faith that eventually teddy is going to stop worrying and start playing. I feel like right now he is just too worried about making a mistake and proving the critics right.

He can easily be a very good QB. I still think he fell too far. He just needs a few games to get some confidence, at least in my opinion.
Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."