Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
***Official Jaguars Vs. Bucs Preseason Game Thread***

Quote:You intentionally took a wide detour around my point to use the word asinine, didn't you?  He showed up to support the team in an emphatic manner.  A true fan, in my book.  To sit behind a keyboard and criticize him is a little petty, don't you think?  But let me guess, you've been behind a keyboard the entire game too. Am I right?

Yeah, I was behind a keyboard all game. I was attending a live lecture for one of my programming courses early on and didn't catch up until a bit later. And yeah, I think that it's petty to criticize the guy. I also think it's petty to call someone less of a fan because they didn't go to a preseason game. I've probably paid far more attention to the Jags than many of the people who did attend that game. I don't go to the games because I live three hours away from Jacksonville and don't have 10 hours, or the money necessary to go at this point. Yet, in your books, I'd be less of a fan than that guy even if that was the very first Jags game he'd ever watched? That's asinine any way you slice it.

Let me guess, that guy is you and your wittle feelings are hurt. Am I right?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Whys it always the mom??? Sad

Moms are awesome.

Thoughts:

D is ahead of the O by a mile

Brewster sucks

BB is a star in the making
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Quote:Moms are awesome.

I totally agree!!! :yes:
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

Quote:Yeah, I was behind a keyboard all game. I was attending a live lecture for one of my programming courses early on and didn't catch up until a bit later. And yeah, I think that it's petty to criticize the guy. I also think it's petty to call someone less of a fan because they didn't go to a preseason game. I've probably paid far more attention to the Jags than many of the people who did attend that game. I don't go to the games because I live three hours away from Jacksonville and don't have 10 hours, or the money necessary to go at this point. Yet, in your books, I'd be less of a fan than that guy even if that was the very first Jags game he'd ever watched? That's asinine any way you slice it.

Let me guess, that guy is you and your wittle feelings are hurt. Am I right?

Well you're just all over the place.  You admit my assertion that he's petty is correct, but then you become presumptuous by stating that I think people who don't attend preseason games are petty.  Where exactly did I say that?  I have no problem with people not attending games, and don't think they are less of a fan.  But if they can't attend games and then cast aspersion on garish fans who do attend, they deserve to be called out.   

Don't you worry, you are completely incapable of hurting my feelings, boy.

Quote:Whys it always the mom??? Sad

It's a guy thing.  

Quote:Well you're just all over the place.  You admit my assertion that he's petty is correct, but then you become presumptuous by stating that I think people who don't attend preseason games are petty.  Where exactly did I say that?  I have no problem with people not attending games, and don't think they are less of a fan.  But if they can't attend games and then cast aspersion on garish fans who do attend, they deserve to be called out.   

Don't you worry, you are completely incapable of hurting my feelings, boy.
I never stated that you think that people who don't attend preseason games are petty. I said that I think that it's petty to call someone less of a fan because they didn't go to a preseason game. Go ahead, reread my original post, it's word for word in there. You explicitly said that fans that attend games are true fans. That implies that those who do not are not true fans, and that implication is backed up by the rest of your original post when you snark at someone for being on a message board during the game.

Also, I wasn't implying that I hurt your feelings. I was implying that your feelings were hurt by the guy saying that the guy cheering was embarrassing. Did you have too much to drink? You're really struggling with reading comprehension.

I said that he's a true fan who showed up at the game to show his support.  No where did I say that only true fans show up at games.  Comprehensive enough?

"Also, I wasn't implying that I hurt your feelings."  

"Let me guess, that guy is you and your wittle feelings are hurt. Am I right?"

Yeah, you're right.

Aight

Haterade's Take

Pick Six was play of the game with honorable mention to toss to DRob for TD.

Henne = Bad

Bortles = Good

Brewster doesn't want to make final roster.

DL is most improved unit from last season. Stout against run and quick against pass. Smith (98?) was jumping snaps very well. We have depth here to stay fresh and keep pressure up, even Alooaloo got in on it.

Most impressive player: Bortles. He showcased tremendous poise.

Refs with questionable calls (regular season form) & goofed up the 2 pt. attempt. Speaking of which, it looks silly backing the kicker for the PAT.

Wanted to see Marqise Lee get involved

Let's rewind to the draft.

Sammy Watkins...who's going to get the ball to him?

Khalil Mack...might help a really good defense a little better

Blake...potential franchise QB

Who ya got?

(This post was last modified: 08-08-2014, 11:55 PM by Unravel.)

Quote:I said that he's a true fan who showed up at the game to show his support.  No where did I say that only true fans show up at games.  Comprehensive enough?

"Also, I wasn't implying that I hurt your feelings."  

"Let me guess, that guy is you and your wittle feelings are hurt. Am I right?"

Yeah, you're right.
I didn't say you said it, I said you implied it and even outlined why I got that implication. That perceived implication - intended or otherwise - is why I responded the way I did. If it wasn't intended, great it's just a misunderstanding and we can leave it at that.

Also, where does my statement state - or imply - that I was the one doing the feeling hurting? I haven't said anything - barring perhaps the drinking/comprehension comment if you're overly sensitive - that I think would be perceived as offensive to you. My "wittle feeling" comment was in reference to how you reacted to somebody saying that said fan was embarassing, not in reference to how you acted towards me.

Quote:I didn't say you said it, I said you implied it and even outlined why I got that implication. That perceived implication - intended or otherwise - is why I responded the way I did. If it wasn't intended, great it's just a misunderstanding and we can leave it at that.

Also, where does my statement state - or imply - that I was the one doing the feeling hurting? I haven't said anything - barring perhaps the drinking/comprehension comment if you're overly sensitive - that I think would be perceived as offensive to you. My "wittle feeling" comment was in reference to how you reacted to somebody saying that said fan was embarassing, not in reference to how you acted towards me.

We'll just leave it here Unravel.  We've always gotten along before and I don't want to spoil that.  I'm a little confrontational tonight because, as I stated in another thread, I'm in a foul mood.  I went on a five day business trip and returned to discover that $500 of golf clubs, golf clubs that gave me much enjoyment, I bought just a couple of months ago was stolen.  I hate thieves.  HATE them.  So now I'm taking my violated sense of security and bruised assault of personal values out on people I don't have to personally confront.  Oh, irony, thy name is homebiscuit.   Smile

Peace, brother.

Quote:We'll just leave it here Unravel.  We've always gotten along before and I don't want to spoil that.  I'm a little confrontational tonight because, as I stated in another thread, I'm in a foul mood.  I went on a five day business trip and returned to discover that $500 of golf clubs, golf clubs that gave me much enjoyment, I bought just a couple of months ago was stolen.  I hate thieves.  HATE them.  So now I'm taking my violated sense of security and bruised assault of personal values out on people I don't have to personally confront.  Oh, irony, thy name is homebiscuit.   Smile

Peace, brother.

Aww...that sucks Homie!! I'm so sorry!
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

Quote:We'll just leave it here Unravel.  We've always gotten along before and I don't want to spoil that.  I'm a little confrontational tonight because, as I stated in another thread, I'm in a foul mood.  I went on a five day business trip and returned to discover that $500 of golf clubs, golf clubs that gave me much enjoyment, I bought just a couple of months ago was stolen.  I hate thieves.  HATE them.  So now I'm taking my violated sense of security and bruised assault of personal values out on people I don't have to personally confront.  Oh, irony, thy name is homebiscuit.   Smile

Peace, brother.

No worries, I've had much longer and less friendly 'discussions' with people on here that I still get along with just fine. People are complex and have differing opinions, and that's what makes people interesting. Sometimes those opinions clash, but a clash over implications on a message board is hardly worth harboring resentment over. Stealing though, that's something to harbor resentment over Tongue.

Take care, hope things get better for you.

Holy [BLEEP] the Jags are the headline on Sportscenter right now o.O

"Jags to Riches?" with a pic of Bortles.

FINALLY. IT'S HAPPENING. 

"A man with no sauce is lost.

<p style="text-align:center;">But that same man can get lost in the sauce."

(This post was last modified: 08-09-2014, 12:36 AM by Redsky39.)

Quote: 

<div> 
Holy [BAD WORD REMOVED] the Jags are the headline on Sportscenter right now o.O

FINALLY. IT'S HAPPENING. 

</div>

In other news, Michael Sam is another top headline for "playing in a reserve role."

[Image: but-thats-none-of-my2.jpg]

Quote:Obviously you form that opinion not based on tonight because I know you're a smart guy!

Well, I did say mention how I've been underwhelmed by Denard prior to him doing this...
http://www.jaguars.com/media-gallery/vid...a362b54b4a

'02

Quote: 

<div> 
Holy [BAD WORD REMOVED] the Jags are the headline on Sportscenter right now o.O

FINALLY. IT'S HAPPENING. 

</div>

Blake is going to carry this team to relevance again.

That defense will help things too.  Big plays on defense get you noticed as well.

Bortles will lead this team back to prominence as long as he stays healthy. We've got plenty of time for him to assume that role.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Peace, brother.
sorry to here that bisc.