Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Geno Smith vs Michael Vick whos the real starter?

Are the Jets really going to start the season with Geno Smith over Michael Vick?

Who do you feel is the better QB for their team?

I mean we all saw what Nick Foles was capable of doing on the Eagles as opposed to Vick,

but isnt Vick better than Geno?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Vick is a great athlete. Not really much of a passer so I wouldn't doubt if Geno Smith is beating him out right now

I went to the Monday Night Football game with my cousin Brian whom being from Philly is a huge fan (and the tickets were free), when Vick threw 20/28 333yards, 4 touchdowns vs Donvan McNabb with  59 to 28 it was a great game.

That being said I totally agree he is among many running QBs that are better at running than throwing but has the ability to throw deep (while not as accurate).  A few QBs are good at both like Aaron Rodgers, or one of the greats Steve Young at doing it.  I personally want a pocket QB like Ben Rothersburger whom has the elusiveness to avoid the sack while finding an open receiver down field, or like Steve McNair was good at that heck if David Garrard was sort of that way but wasnt as good at passing or seeing the lanes. 

I hope Bortles pans out I really want to get excited about Jaguars passing game seems its been bad since Mark became a Redskin...

I'd really be surprised if Vick didn't take the job sooner than later.

Ryan is stubborn, though once he makes a decision.  But then, it's his mistake to make and not mine.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

(This post was last modified: 08-08-2014, 02:47 AM by Haterade.)

May as well roll the dice with Geno. Start Vick & it's only a matter of time before he's injured. It may be in their interest for Geno to be the starter and get the reps. Can't count on Vick

Vick has said about a hundred times it's Geno's show.
Only a chump boos the home team!

I suspect things will change after this preseason game.

Quote:Vick has said about a hundred times it's Geno's show.

Of course he has.  He's being a good soldier.

Until he wins the job.

I happened to takeover a Dynasty football team that was in rough shape and had Geno Smith as the 2nd best QB on the roster. I can't get anything of value for him trade-wise, so I'm now hoping I was wrong about Geno.

Ties go to the young guy. Vicks last year in the league is this season.

Yes Geno is the starter and Vick won't get starts unless Geno plays like he did last year.

He's still really young.

Only his second year.

Had the worst weapons in the league last year.

Has had a good preseason.

You have to see what you've got.
Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

Quote:I happened to takeover a Dynasty football team that was in rough shape and had Geno Smith as the 2nd best QB on the roster. I can't get anything of value for him trade-wise, so I'm now hoping I was wrong about Geno.

Welcome to the war.

Quote:May as well roll the dice with Geno. Start Vick & it's only a matter of time before he's injured. It may be in their interest for Geno to be the starter and get the reps. Can't count on Vick
That's one of the bigger issues with Vick.  He can't stay healthy.  It makes sense that he would wind up the backup, especially if he's really not separating himself on the field. 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Quote:You have to see what you've got.

I think they're slowly starting to realize what they've got.

Neither of them, they'll be drafting a QB early in May for sure.