Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
MJD tops Darren McFadden on the depth chart

So what does that mean for McFadden?

I'd love to see him go to another team and succeed. Oakland is just a bad luck place.

If the Jaguars weren't committed to their current RB corps, I honestly wouldn't be opposed to kicking the tires if he were outright released or put on the block for a last day draft pick.

THERE IS A SKELETON INSIDE OF YOU.

RIGHT NOW. THIS IS NOT A JOKE.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:So what does that mean for McFadden?

I'd love to see him go to another team and succeed. Oakland is just a bad luck place.

If the Jaguars weren't committed to their current RB corps, I honestly wouldn't be opposed to kicking the tires if he were outright released or put on the block for a last day draft pick.

It either means he's injured, the team is trying to motivate him, or MJD is just looking to be the better of the two this year.

Quote:It either means he's injured, the team is trying to motivate him, or MJD is just looking to be the better of the two this year.
Sometimes a change of scenery makes all of the difference. We'll see how it plays out I guess

It means that the new old, washed up RB they brought in isn't as bad as the old injury prone RB they already had.

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Quote:It means that the new old, washed up RB they brought in isn't as bad as the old injury prone RB they already had.
Darren McFadden is younger than Toby Gerhart.

Good for MJD.  Between he and McFadden, they should be able to play an entire season.  It sounds like he's dropped the extra weight that was slowing him down last year, but he's got a laundry list of injuries on his resume that will make it interesting to see if he can get back to anything close to what he was in his prime.  I'm still skeptical. 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

I personally hope MJD does great. He was always one of my favorite players and always played tough. Sure he had a sour ending here but he still did alot for this franchise. Not many players eclipse 13,000 + yards and nearly 80 TDs.

Not sure Mcfadden resigned with them.  I thought he would go somewhere for a fresh start, even at a small pay cut.

Quote:Darren McFadden is younger than Toby Gerhart.

His body is about 32 based on his injury history and work load.

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Quote:Not sure Mcfadden resigned with them.  I thought he would go somewhere for a fresh start, even at a small pay cut.
He only signed a 1 year deal, so it sounds like there weren't a lot of teams lining up to ink him to a contract. 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Quote:His body is about 32 based on his injury history and work load.
He hasn't really had that many carries. His injury history is mostly filled with nagging stingers outside of a torn meniscus, which I believe he's two years removed from.

Reminds me a bit of Fred Taylor, a guy that might just be very unlucky rather than simply injury prone.

Like I said, I'd kick the tires on him if Oakland decided to cut him before the season. It's unlikely, as they're probably going to a two-back system, but it's possible.

Quote:He only signed a 1 year deal, so it sounds like there weren't a lot of teams lining up to ink him to a contract. 

Maybe, but I think I would have taken my chances on another team than stay another year in Oakland.  I know there was someone out there willing to take a chance.

Not surprised at all...

[url=http://home.comcast.net/~midimusic2006/mp3/sec/Tennessee__Rocky_Top.mp3][/url]</P><P>
;
 </P> <DIV class=b2></DIV>
;

This shouldnt be surprised. McFadden is never healthy and MJD has a better track record over all. They will look for a young star sooner or later tho.

Quote:Maybe, but I think I would have taken my chances on another team than stay another year in Oakland.  I know there was someone out there willing to take a chance.
Maybe there simply weren't any other chances to be had?

Quote:Not surprised at all...
This. MJD was injured and overweight his final few yrs here. Who ever thought Dmac would beat out a healthy MJD is crazy. Even at 29 hes still better. Watch MJD have a good yr.

MJD ready to break out.  Jags messed up.

Huh.

Who knew that a RB that was the League-leader in Rushing Yards and has over 8,000 yards was going to "break out"?

I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

Quote:MJD ready to break out.  Jags messed up.
Shocker coming from you.

Quote:So what does that mean for McFadden?

I never felt that Maurice Jones-Drew was done, but I realized at his age and his current feelings towards the Jaguars Franchise that they weren't going to pay him what he had wanted to remain here.  I do feel that they could've /should've handled it better.  I still hope he continues to do well, as I feel he's a great running back and gave a lot to the team we love so much.  Good for Mojo, keep on doing what you've been doing