Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Is this a make or break year for Lewis?

Quote:That's not a correlation of drops

I know....which is why I put targets and completions next to their names. The first line does a poor job of leading up to what I was getting at.....my mistake. I should have explained myself more clearly. Although Lewis has been in the league 2 more years, he has been targeted a lot more than Bennett.  More targets, more drops. I also wanted to show who throwing the ball.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Ultimately, Marcedes future with this team is tied to two things.  The term of his contract, and how quickly this front office identifies a viable replacement.  I have a feeling the two will wind up meshing together quite nicely.  He won't get another contract here unless he completely lights it up, and even then, I don't see this team overspending again for his services. 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

(This post was last modified: 08-06-2014, 01:54 PM by CowJag.)

Here is a link to last years dropped passes.

http://www.sportingcharts.com/nfl/stats/drops/2013/

Lewis is #107 with 3 drops, 25 targets for 6.4% and Bennett is #170 with 2 drops, 65 targets for 2.1%  

2012 they were basically the same with 6 drops and similar percentage:  Lewis:7.8%, Bennett 6.7%.

http://www.sportingcharts.com/nfl/stats/drops/2012/

Did not look up career numbers.

I'm hopefully optimistic since the season hasn't started yet... I vote for "make".

I think it depends on lewis and his agent.  He had that one big year in 2007 and has done crap since then.  If Lewis and his agent can come to a fair deal he might resign here. He is not a pass blocking thread but good for the running game and pass protection.  If he is looking to get paid even a top 20 salary he should be as good as gone.

[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

I think the Jags will target a mid tier FA and draft a TE somewhere in the first 3 rounds next year and Lewis will be allowed to walk. 

If he surpasses 50 catches for 800 yds, maybe that changes.  Hopefully this revamped line won't need his blocking so desperately this season. 

Quote:I think the Jags will target a mid tier FA and draft a TE somewhere in the first 3 rounds next year and Lewis will be allowed to walk. 

If he surpasses 50 catches for 800 yds, maybe that changes.  Hopefully this revamped line won't need his blocking so desperately this season. 

Agreed.  I don't think this is a make or break year for him.  He's not going to get another blockbuster deal from this team unless he blows it up this year, and even then, I think they will be reluctant to ink him to a long term deal as he'll be on the wrong side of 30.  This front office has a model, and he's not going to fit for much longer. 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Quote:Agreed.  I don't think this is a make or break year for him.  He's not going to get another blockbuster deal from this team unless he blows it up this year, and even then, I think they will be reluctant to ink him to a long term deal as he'll be on the wrong side of 30.  This front office has a model, and he's not going to fit for much longer. 

The only way he stays next year is if his performance this season outweighs the dead money he'll represent next year.

(he's due around 6.8 mil  in 2015 and not a FA until 2016-  I mention this because some seem to think he's in a contract year)

Quote:The only way he stays next year is if his performance this season outweighs the dead money he'll represent next year.

(he's due around 6.8 mil  in 2015 and not a FA until 2016-  I mention this because some seem to think he's in a contract year)
Unless the offense really cranks up and he's an integral part of that, I don't expect to see him back next year.