Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
House sues the President

Quote:I can't really comment on McCain's foreign policy because I haven't read into it at all but I remember how everybody loved Palin for the first two weeks before realizing just how crazy and incompetent she really is. Not sure what possessed McCain to pick her as a running mate but if he hadn't already lost the race before that he certainly did when the press release went out. 

He was trying to counter what they thought was going to be a Hillary Candidacy with a female version of Hillary in the GOP. It blew up in their face for sure. I hated McCain and stayed home that year, only presidential election I stayed home for. 

[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Someone explain this to me. As I understand it, this not an impeachment, but if that's true, then what's the bloody point? 
It drives the base into a fervor. Yeah! go get that Obama woooooooo!

Quote:I agree. There is no point to this...

That said, I also would like it if they did impeach him. :yes:
You don't impeach the president because you don't believe in his policies... Or for what appears to be most of the conservative politicians and talking heads reason for doing so, because he's a democrat.

(This post was last modified: 08-02-2014, 01:39 PM by rollerjag.)

Quote:meh....no more scary than crazy Hillary

[Image: hillary_clinton-clownish-smile.jpg]

As much as you may disagree with Hillary Clinton's policies and beliefs, if you think she would be a worse choice for president than Sarah Palin, I don't understand how your brain functions.

[Image: 2014.01.21-mrconservative-52de8adc8a1c4.jpg]

If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

Quote:Someone explain this to me. As I understand it, this not an impeachment, but if that's true, then what's the bloody point? 

Kabuki theater and nothing more.  It's a show for their constituents.  Has no teeth whatsoever because that's how the GOP leadership works these days.  They refuse to resist in any real sense of the word, and simply pay the necessary lip service while tamping down anyone who dares to stand up and show any sort of leadership in opposing the king of Amerlka. 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Quote:As much as you may disagree with Hillary Clinton's policies and beliefs, if you think she would be a worse choice for president than Sarah Palin, I don't understand how your brain functions.

[Image: 2014.01.21-mrconservative-52de8adc8a1c4.jpg]
I don't think either one is qualified to be a serious candidate for the office, and in the end, neither one of them is going to run for it. 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Quote:You don't impeach the president because you don't believe in his policies... Or for what appears to be most of the conservative politicians and talking heads reason for doing so, because he's a democrat.

This administration has proven time and time again that they will circumvent congress and enact laws either through executive orders, or by using regulations through the various agencies that are political tentacles for the president like the EPA. 

If there was a serious review of the regulations passed down by the EPA, or challenges by congress to the constitutional authority of the president for overreach based on his executive orders, there might be a case for impeachment.  At this point, the congress is just as guilty as the administration because they've allowed this to occur without any counter from them beyond lip service.  Once again, this comes down to a complete lack of leadership in congress in attempting to maintain the constitutional balance of power.  SCOTUS just ruled that unless congress opposes these executive orders and agency regulations, there's nothing they're going to do to rule against the administration.  They did slap the president over the "recess" appointments he made saying he'd exceeded his authority, but even there, congress could have done more to address this at the time.  Instead, they just whined about it and allowed it to happen. 

We have a 2 party system in theory in this country.  In reality, it's a one party system running the show, and it's the ruling class party.  It's got nothing to do with R or D.  It's got everything to do with being part of the good old boy network in DC.  Anyone who dares to challenge that is considered a radical who must be dismissed. 

Quote:I don't think either one is qualified to be a serious candidate for the office, and in the end, neither one of them is going to run for it. 
I never considered Hillary to be a serious candidate for the presidency but I could at least see her as a somewhat credible politician. Palin on the other hand is a complete joke, whatever little amount of respect I had for her evaporated when she bailed on her post as a governor and started to cash in on speaking circuit.

Quote:I never considered Hillary to be a serious candidate for the presidency but I could at least see her as a somewhat credible politician. Palin on the other hand is a complete joke, whatever little amount of respect I had for her evaporated when she bailed on her post as a governor and started to cash in on speaking circuit.
She's no more credible than Palin. 

Her great claim to fame is marrying the right guy and riding his coattails into the White House.  Other than that, she's no more qualified than the current puppet in the Oval Office.  She was a senator who wrote zero meaningful legislation from a state she carpet  bagged in so the political machine could give her a senate seat.  She was completely unqualified to be Secretary of State, but got the job anyway in a deal cooked up between Shrillary and 0bama so she'd go away quietly, and he'd help pay off her campaign bills in exchange for support from the Clinton machine in 2008.

Neither is a serious candidate for an office that's going to require exactly that to clean up the mess this administration and the last one have created for this country.  Unfortunately, no truly qualified, serious candidate is going to run because they don't want their lives fully exposed to the planet, so we're stuck with having to pick the best possible candidate from a list of clowns. 

Quote:This administration has proven time and time again that they will circumvent congress and enact laws either through executive orders, or by using regulations through the various agencies that are political tentacles for the president like the EPA. 

If there was a serious review of the regulations passed down by the EPA, or challenges by congress to the constitutional authority of the president for overreach based on his executive orders, there might be a case for impeachment.  At this point, the congress is just as guilty as the administration because they've allowed this to occur without any counter from them beyond lip service.  Once again, this comes down to a complete lack of leadership in congress in attempting to maintain the constitutional balance of power.  SCOTUS just ruled that unless congress opposes these executive orders and agency regulations, there's nothing they're going to do to rule against the administration.  They did slap the president over the "recess" appointments he made saying he'd exceeded his authority, but even there, congress could have done more to address this at the time.  Instead, they just whined about it and allowed it to happen. 

We have a 2 party system in theory in this country.  In reality, it's a one party system running the show, and it's the ruling class party.  It's got nothing to do with R or D.  It's got everything to do with being part of the good old boy network in DC.  Anyone who dares to challenge that is considered a radical who must be dismissed. 
I agree for the most part. It's easy to say aw heck the whole system is bunk but that's pretty much the case. I would like to point out though that it's not like executive orders just started under this president. It's been a problem for a while. 

R's are making a dog and pony show of the entire situation on the heels of some very strong economic news.

Other news water is wet.

LEONARD FOURNETTE FAN CLUB PRESIDENT. I WAS BEHIND HIM WHEN YOU ALL SAID HE WAS BRANDON JACOBS. QUIT HATING ON THE JAGUARS. GUS IS GONE. COUGHLIN HAS RESTORED ORDER. FOURNETTE IS FRED TAYLOR. DONT BELIEVE ME JUST WATCH.

Quote:...

That statement is probably the most truth that I've seen when it comes to politics.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Quote:R's are making a dog and pony show of the entire situation on the heels of some very strong economic news.

Other news water is wet.
Until such time as the "strong economic news" is tempered by the reality that this is t a strong economy, and anything "strong" being reported is smoke and mirrors.

(This post was last modified: 08-03-2014, 06:10 PM by no1jag.)

Palin on par with Clinton? I'm not a major fan of either, but the thought of Palin as POTUS is just a great screenplay for a Mel Brooks flick. Both are self serving. But one is a quitter... And not too bright.

Put 50 ibs on her, a wart on her nose and ask yourself...would McCain have chosen her? Palin was McCains Waterloo.

I've read her books and what others have written, as well as some of Clinton's.

Sarah is a rah rah cheerleader. Glitter and fluff. She's the zirconia of valuable stones.

She gets most support from the middle aged dudes.

Let's see Bachman/ Palin vs Clinton / McCaskill. Awesome.

Blakes Life Matters