Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
12 year old shoots and kills homeless man

(This post was last modified: 07-31-2014, 08:31 PM by Ringo.)

Just on the news. The kid reminded me of a young Trayvon that was all over tv a while back.a young baby faced kid. The homeless guy was white.

A 12 year old? With a criminal record? Murder? Cold blood?

I wonder if it will get the same attention, demonstrations and media attention?

Dang it...just wasted a minute of my life typing the previous sentence.
Blakes Life Matters

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

With a prior burglary charge. At 12!!

Gang initiation maybe?
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

just sad, it breaks my heart how quick kids ruin their lives today. Imagine what kind of background did this kid come from to at the age of 12 have the ability to kill someone? At 12 I just wanted to conquer star fox.

[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

It's only going to get a lot worse. Morality is not only out of style these days, but suffering from constant attack from progressives. Violence and dependence is glorified, and younger, impressionable minds think stuff like this is what one aspires to. Society has made it out to be cool.

It's why I don't leave the house without at least one sidearm on me. One of those little freaks tries to make a name for themselves with my blood is going  to have a really bad day. It won't turn out like they hoped for at all.

What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

(This post was last modified: 07-31-2014, 09:32 PM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:It's only going to get a lot worse. Morality is not only out of style these days, but suffering from constant attack from progressives. Violence and dependence is glorified, and younger, impressionable minds think stuff like this is what one aspires to. Society has made it out to be cool.

I totally agree, but you know....when we say stuff like this or agree with this sort of sentiment....they<i> </i>get all bent outta shape since they apparently like chaos, violence and immorality and call us the "get off my lawn" crowd....

Quote:It's only going to get a lot worse. Morality is not only out of style these days, but suffering from constant attack from progressives. Violence and dependence is glorified, and younger, impressionable minds think stuff like this is what one aspires to. Society has made it out to be cool.

It's why I don't leave the house without at least one sidearm on me. One of those little freaks tries to make a name for themselves with my blood is going  to have a really bad day. It won't turn out like they hoped for at all.

What's really sad about this is that, I'm betting if you look at the family structure this kid grew up in, there's probably not a father in the picture.  I know this will frost some folks here for daring to suggest it, but the disintegration of the traditional family unit is at least partly to blame for situations like this.  These kids get lost in a never ending cycle where they don't have decent examples to learn from, and they end up being pulled into an element of society that is conducive to this kind of behavior. 

Like you, I am always going to protect myself because you never know when you'll be in a situation where you're confronted by someone of this ilk who is just passing time and looking for mischief without regard for human life.  It's sad that this is a 12 year old kid who has already started building up a rap sheet, but he's nothing more than the product of society.

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

As soon as Jesse Jackson's schedule clears, I'm sure he'll address this issue. 

Doing something like this at 12 y/o means you probably have a troubled family.

Quote:As soon as Jesse Jackson's schedule clears, I'm sure he'll address this issue. 

Doing something like this at 12 y/o means you probably have a troubled family.

Probably no family, by the age of 12 the kids lost all respect for human life. 

Guns make 12 year olds feel like the tough guy they're not when they are forced to face someone one on one with only a pair of fists.
Only a chump boos the home team!

Quote:Guns make 12 year olds feel like the tough guy they're not when they are forced to face someone one on one with only a pair of fists.

That goes for people of any age. Prisons are full of them.

Quote:Guns make 12 year olds feel like the tough guy they're not when they are forced to face someone one on one with only a pair of fists.

Correct guns are not meant to be in the hand of a 12 year old, no one argues that point. 

Quote:Correct guns are not meant to be in the hand of a 12 year old, no one argues that point.

If only there was a law for that.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Quote:If only there was a law for that.
FBT, it's not nice to poke the libertarian. 

Quote:FBT, it's not nice to poke the libertarian.

That whooshing sound you're hearing?

Why is this political?
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

Quote:FBT, it's not nice to poke the libertarian. 

I'll explain it: we already have laws for that. Laws don't stop illegal activity, they only give the state recourse after the fact. That's why smart people carry their own guns, because when you have seconds to live the cops are minutes away.

Edit: I propose a post-birth abortion for this criminal. Who is with me?

I notice none of our lefty friends are raising their hands.

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Quote:I'll explain it: we already have laws for that. Laws don't stop illegal activity, they only give the state recourse after the fact. That's why smart people carry their own guns, because when you have seconds to live the cops are minutes away.

If he wasn't 12, I might agree.  Or if it were an act that required far more deliberation.  Such as kidnapping the man, and torturing him first.  I'm pro-death penalty for certain cases.  

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

Quote:I'll explain it: we already have laws for that. Laws don't stop illegal activity, they only give the state recourse after the fact. That's why smart people carry their own guns, because when you have seconds to live the cops are minutes away.

I was hoping to have the foreigner figure that out for himself!

Quote:I was hoping to have the foreigner figure that out for himself!

I was thinking you were just trying to annoy him.

It's amazing how the "laws don't stop illegal activity" mantra doesn't apply when politicians draft laws on drugs, abortions, or any other kind of questionable activity.