Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
The perception of the Jacksonville Jaguars

I unfortunately live in the new england area now and fans here don't know squat except for patriots garbage.  I was watching the movie draft day and of course they had to make the Jaguars front office look stupid and the GM got fleeced.  It made me wonder if the perception of this team is changing at all. 

To get national love we have to be consistent winner.  Some of the NFL fans even here have seen the NFL network talk about how well the Jaguars are rebuilding this organization.  What have you heard from other teams fans? 

[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

<p style="margin-left:40px;">Two of my best friends are Bucs and 49ers fans. They are well aware of our possible future and great re-build of a downed franchise. But mostly because of me throwing them info and them being avid NFL fans who pay attention to everything; regardless of it being associated with their team or not. I still think ignorance of our team runs rampant within the NFL community.

<p style="margin-left:40px;"> 

<p style="margin-left:40px;">GO JAGS!

Let's Get Em!!!! Go Jags!

(This post was last modified: 07-31-2014, 05:55 PM by knarnn.)

It wasn't that long ago that the Patriots were just "another team". A HoF QB, a few SBs, and some major luck sure did change the national perception. The Seahawks are another example. Winning cures all and lucky for us we are going to get front row seats of the good things too come.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Quote: 

<p style="margin-left:40px;">Two of my best friends are Bucs and 49ers fans. They are well aware of our possible future and great re-build of a downed franchise. But mostly because of me throwing them info and them being avid NFL fans who pay attention to everything; regardless of it being associated with their team or not. I still think ignorance of our team runs rampant within the NFL community.

<p style="margin-left:40px;"> 

<p style="margin-left:40px;">GO JAGS!

Glad you know intelligent football fans. Most of my family or friends don't have a clue about the Jaguars. They were the" are they moving to LA or getting Tim Tebow crowd?". Rough years man, I'm unsure if they'll understand why we're winning games now.

People who follow the NFL closely all predict a bright future for the Jags. I'm from New England too. Pats fans are total bandwagon fans that couldn't name 75% of their roster, jets fans have a collective IQ below the mental retardation cutoff, and Giants fans... well, I don't mind them so much.

Quote:I unfortunately live in the new england area now and fans here don't know squat except for patriots garbage.  I was watching the movie draft day and of course they had to make the Jaguars front office look stupid and the GM got fleeced.  It made me wonder if the perception of this team is changing at all. 

To get national love we have to be consistent winner.  Some of the NFL fans even here have seen the NFL network talk about how well the Jaguars are rebuilding this organization.  What have you heard from other teams fans? 

Regarding "Draft Day", well when it was made the Jaguars had been pretty bad for quite awhile.  It is probably not a reach to portray the front office as not knowing what they were doing.  We know things have (by all appearances) have changed, but as you say, that will have to be reflected on the field before the average fan outside of Jacksonville will understand.  By the way, I've never seen the movie, any good?

I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

Yes, a movie portrays the genuine perception everyone has about the the Jaguars. That's the real world.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

I participate on a pretty well known Patriots message board.  And the perception is changing. Heck I even have my own Jaguars thread on there also lol

<!-- isHtml:1 --><!-- isHtml:1 -->;

;

Just last week a Patriots fan I have not seen for some time asked me if my team had moved yet! There are many NFL fans that still have no clue about what is going on in Jacksonville. Winning is the only thing that will change the perception of this team around the league' 

Quote:Regarding "Draft Day", well when it was made the Jaguars had been pretty bad for quite awhile.  It is probably not a reach to portray the front office as not knowing what they were doing.  We know things have (by all appearances) have changed, but as you say, that will have to be reflected on the field before the average fan outside of Jacksonville will understand.  By the way, I've never seen the movie, any good?
The movie was pretty good.  Over dramatic at times but that is hollywood.  The GM did a big Gene Smith move.

Quote:Yes, a movie portrays the genuine perception everyone has about the the Jaguars. That's the real world.
Did I say that or you talking out of your earhole again?  Don't bother answering cause we all know the answer.

Seahawk fan here. Many of us are rooting for Gus and want nothing more than for Big Red and Clem to succeed. We'll be keeping an eye on the Jags. Be Loud.

Living in New England all my life and about 25 minutes from Gillette I can tell you Patriot fans have selective memory.  I remember as a kid my family had season tickets and I would run around the bleachers, (that’s right bleachers because old Foxboro stadium didn’t have seats) because no one would be at the games.  Drew Bledsoe and Bill Parcells helped change that until Robert Kraft and Brady took it to another level.  They also forget that Kraft was pretty close to moving the team to Hartford.

If/when the Jags start to win and build something steady you will see how the perception will change for them.

[Image: Brunell_sig_zps13c33193.jpg]

I think media perception is changing ever-so-slightly. The "fans" out there on things like twitter, fb, and comment sections of articles still spout off the same tired jokes (eg. attendance/tarps, moving to LA/London/BFE, and being the worst team ever, etc).

Threadkiller

Quote:Did I say that or you talking out of your earhole again?  Don't bother answering cause we all know the answer.
You started an entire thread about it, so there's really no need to answer an idiotic question. 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

You watched "Draft Day"?

Everyone always gives me crap for being a Jaguar fan. I live in 9er/Raider country. So many people dont even know who we are or anything. It makes me sad some times, But i cant wait for us to shock some folks and make a playoff run sooner or later.

Side note: Not gunna Lie i wanna see Draft Day :-p

Quote:You started an entire thread about it, so there's really no need to answer an idiotic question. 
Clearly your comprehension skills are showing again.  Read the post again.  I mentioned the movie but the topic is not about the movie. 

I'm on a particular fantasy football forum every day and typically anyone in the know will have the Jags arrow pointing up.  We have a ton to prove however, so I don't defend every little comment I see.  Typically it's good things, but people are not optimistic about Henne being back there and our passing game in general this year, which I get.

Quote:It wasn't that long ago that the Patriots were just "another team". A HoF QB, a few SBs, and some major luck sure did change the national perception. The Seahawks are another example. Winning cures all and lucky for us we are going to get front row seats of the good things too come.
Bill Parcells did that.