Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
The perception of the Jacksonville Jaguars

Quote:People who follow the NFL closely all predict a bright future for the Jags. I'm from New England too. Pats fans are total bandwagon fans that couldn't name 75% of their roster, jets fans have a collective IQ below the mental retardation cutoff, and Giants fans... well, I don't mind them so much.
Steeler fans are one of the better fans in the NFL community they travel the best I think, and are loyal fairly educated fans.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:I participate on a pretty well known Patriots message board.  And the perception is changing. Heck I even have my own Jaguars thread on there also lol

Why? Are you a Patriots fan as well?  I've often wondered why people would belong to other teams blogs if they arent a fan.  I guess I dont get it.

Quote:Seahawk fan here. Many of us are rooting for Gus and want nothing more than for Big Red and Clem to succeed. We'll be keeping an eye on the Jags. Be Loud.

Becareful we might steal Seahawk fans along with the rest of the team.  Smile

Quote:Steeler fans are one of the better fans in the NFL community they travel the best I think, and are loyal fairly educated fans.

Most of the ones I know have no connection to Pittsburgh and latched on to the Steelers because of their success.

(This post was last modified: 08-04-2014, 11:25 AM by Bullseye.)

Quote:Why? Are you a Patriots fan as well?  I've often wondered why people would belong to other teams blogs if they arent a fan.  I guess I dont get it.
My thing is do people not talk to fans of other teams in real life?

I don't mind being on another team's board or a fan of another team being on our board if they have intelligent football discussion/good smack talk.

You don't need to follow the same team to have a good football debate/discussion.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Quote:Most of the ones I know have no connection to Pittsburgh and latched on to the Steelers because of their success.
Bandwagoners happen, at least no one can accuse us Jaguar fans of that!

Quote:My thing us do people not talk to fans of other teams in real life?

I don't mind being on another team's board or a fan of another team being on our board if they have intelligent football discussion/good smack talk.

You don't need to follow the same team to have a good football debate/discussion.
I'm not upset about it, I just dont understand why a person would waste their time talking to fans of a certain team if they too werent a fan.  I guess I can relate to learning more information about football or competition of a team, and if you are really bored and it interest you heck go for it.  I personally would prefer to remain only on the Jaguars board.

Quote:Why? Are you a Patriots fan as well?  I've often wondered why people would belong to other teams blogs if they arent a fan.  I guess I dont get it.
Well I'm on Seahawks blog. i enjoy hearing them talk about Gus,Red,Clemons.etc. I'm a big fantasy football guy too. Go Jaguars!

Social Identity Theory.  I wrote a lot of papers about it.  Google it.

Anyway, I lived in the North East most of my life.  Went to school and married a Pittsburgh girl.

The reason Steelers fans travel so well is they moved….we all did.

Look around you.  75% of the people I know moved here and 10% of those are from PA.   It’s the #1 (top 3 at least) issue Mark Lamping spoke about.

Social Identity Theory….Sometimes it’s hard to let go and start over.

Quote: 

Very true.  I talk to fans of NY and New England teams all the time up here.  I often have to correct common misperceptions about the Jags in these convos, but we usually can talk football/ other sports over a beer or on the subway without any drama. 

I'm occasionally pleasantly surprised by fans of other teams complimenting this Jags player or that one.  

Just the other day a Giants fan told me, "Well, it looks like you guys finally found a coach. So that's a good step."  He was right, and plenty of folks still don't even know anything about Gus. 

Little things like that are not terribly uncommon.  I really don't worry about the uninformed masses unfortunate perception of the Jags.  A little winning will go a long way in fixing that -  and I feel certain that more wins are on the way.

Dewthemathis, my IE still will not let me quote stuff.  I'm on there because I joined back when the Jaguars were playing them in the playoffs at the end of 07.  The group was a friendly group and I actually have made some friends on the site as well. 

<!-- isHtml:1 --><!-- isHtml:1 -->;

;

For some reason, New Jersey has a LOT of Jaguar fans. I'm curious as to what the demographics are because I always see people wearing Jaguar gear. But I work in New York and nobody is familiar with the Jaguars at all. They think the Jaguar franchise is moving to London for some reason. :mellow:  

New Jaguars Fan 2014

Quote:For some reason, New Jersey has a LOT of Jaguar fans. I'm curious as to what the demographics are because I always see people wearing Jaguar gear. But I work in New York and nobody is familiar with the Jaguars at all. They think the Jaguar franchise is moving to London for some reason. :mellow:  
I also see people wearing Jaguars gear here in ct.  When I ask about the team most just reply they like the colors.

[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

Quote:I also see people wearing Jaguars gear here in ct.  When I ask about the team most just reply they like the colors.
Sigh...

Well...it's a start.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Quote:Sigh...

Well...it's a start.

Exactly.  I joined out of pity. 

(This post was last modified: 08-08-2014, 03:54 PM by Caldrac.)

Quote:I unfortunately live in the new england area now and fans here don't know squat except for patriots garbage.  I was watching the movie draft day and of course they had to make the Jaguars front office look stupid and the GM got fleeced.  It made me wonder if the perception of this team is changing at all. 

To get national love we have to be consistent winner.  Some of the NFL fans even here have seen the NFL network talk about how well the Jaguars are rebuilding this organization.  What have you heard from other teams fans? 

For the most part, I have generally noticed that small market teams tend to understand or show a bit more respect to fellow small market teams. And that's the same regarding the fanbases.

Most fans though that are spoiled or have been spoiled for years, don't know really know much about our team. And I can't blame them. If I lived in a city like Dallas, Pittsburgh, Green Bay, San Francisco, or Oakland. Come rain or shine, win or lose, that's my team if I grew up on them. I might do a little homework on your team the week before. But that's about it.

[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

Quote:Oh dear

http://wallstcheatsheet.com/sports/5-nfl...ml/?ref=YF

We're #1!

(This post was last modified: 08-08-2014, 05:14 PM by David4499.)

didnt even make it to page two... saw the "=4&impt=1407532340&zoneId=926&algid=1&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwallstcheatsheet.com%2Fsports%2F5-nfl-teams-no-one-wants-to-pay-to-see-live.html%2F%3Fref%3DYF]29 of The Biggest Balloons in Hollywood! " atricle  below the next page button and went off on a tangent. :whistling: too many half hearted writers just looking for something to keep their job going.

I ain't no monkey... I'm an ape. Banana

Quote:Seahawk fan here. Many of us are rooting for Gus and want nothing more than for Big Red and Clem to succeed. We'll be keeping an eye on the Jags. Be Loud.

+1