Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Bortles Developing Faster than anticipated?

Quote:He may have looked adequate. His rookie year he started at New England in the preseason and was awful.

His second season, I remember a decent game at New Orleans and then got destroyed at Baltimore.

Wasn't he hurt last year?
I don't think he was during the preseason. I could be wrong... I've been trying to put those memories behind me.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Be very careful with preseason assessments.  Gabbert looked great in preseason games.

Hi all, hv been lurking for a while, can't recall Gabbert ever looking great.

I remember Gabbert played well against the Jets in preseason and stunk the other games.

I cannot wait to watch Bortles in preseason. I believe after the first few games, the QB debate is going to heat up FAST
Shock the world

Quote:Hi all, hv been lurking for a while, can't recall Gabbert ever looking great.

Saints preseason game under Malarkey

(This post was last modified: 07-31-2014, 07:58 PM by knarnn.)

Quote:He did?
Quote:Seconded

Quote:Hi all, hv been lurking for a while, can't recall Gabbert ever looking great.

Have we forgotten already?

Quote: Needing a solid performance that produced yards, first downs and points to show he deserves to be publicly anointed the team’s Week 1 starter, Jaguars quarterback Blaine Gabbert delivered in all three departments Saturday night against the New York Jets.

And then he got hurt.

Gabbert started the Jaguars’ second preseason game on fire
but ended the first half with ice on his sprained right (throwing) thumb after completing 13-of-16 passes for 165 yards and one touchdown in 30 snaps.
<a class="bbc_url" href='http://m.jacksonville.com/sports/football/jaguars/2013-08-17/story/qb-job-looks-blaine-gabberts-preseason-loss-jets#gsc.tab=0'>http://m.jacksonville.com/sports/football/jaguars/2013-08-17/story/qb-job-looks-blaine-gabberts-preseason-loss-jets#gsc.tab=0</a>
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Quote:Saints preseason game under Malarkey

Preseason quarter and a half.

Quote:Preseason quarter and a half.

What starter plays longer than that in preseason?

The point is that he did look good in preseason... he isnt the first nor will be the last guy to be a preseason star and fizzle in real games

It is nice to see him performing well in a controlled environment like practice, but the reality is we have a very inexperienced line and receiving corps.

When the games are real and the inexperienced linemen start messing up assignments and the WRs start missing reads, it's creating an environment that promotes a young QB to develop bad habits.

In order to learn the most efficiently, a young QB needs an environment that has some sort of consistency and predictability around him, not chaos.

Perhaps later in the season when the line begins to gel and the young receivers get a better feel for the proper reads, maybe then there will be an environment conducive to proper development.

Before then, it will be a one step forward two steps back learning situation which will hamper his development in the long run.

Wasn't all this said about Gabbert too? I am not saying he is the same (as that is ignorant). I am talking about the media and the team.

Quote:This statement completely invalidates your opinion in regards to QB evaluation.

Oh yeah, pluko? Who the hell are you? It's my opinion. Henne is a capable starter. I didnt say he was all pro or even good. For what we need , which is time Henne is capable. Capisce, moron?

Quote:Well...to put this in perspective...

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/201...team-soon/

Cleveland has created a monster. The coach will get killed if he don't play JM. The press conference today by JM said he is coming from a spread-shotgun type offense and it is taking some time to pick up the under center pro style offense. Heard this before?

I was all for JF as our pick but now after watching this we got the right guy if we are going to redshirt anyway. Remember Henne was signed and declared starter in March. Its going to be a fun year.

IIRC Palmer and Scott > Henne >>> Gabbert

Bortles has his own personal qb coach that he works with, as well as the coaches in Jacksonville. I can tell, just from what I've read about Bortles, is that he's the first-one-in, last - one-off kinda guy. Peyton Manning type work ethic. I expect him to be ready to start a game by the end of this season. I hope he doesn't have to be out there any earlier.
No commercial messages in sigs

Quote:Oh yeah, pluko? Who the hell are you? It's my opinion. Henne is a capable starter
. I didnt say he was all pro or even good. For what we need , which is time Henne is capable. Capisce, moron?

If you mean Henne is capable of getting us another top 10 to top 5 pick, then I agree with you.

Quote:If you mean Henne is capable of getting us another top 10 to top 5 pick, then I agree with you.

Hey now...  Henne might surprise us all.  Nah just kidding.  He is probably capable of improved play but I would lean more towards the top 10 pick range.

The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

Quote:Bortles has his own personal qb coach that he works with, as well as the coaches in Jacksonville. I can tell, just from what I've read about Bortles, is that he's the first-one-in, last - one-off kinda guy. Peyton Manning type work ethic. I expect him to be ready to start a game by the end of this season. I hope he doesn't have to be out there any earlier.

I like the cliche that he lives and breaths football better.

Is it too soon to say Bortles is the most clutch QB in the AFCS?

Quote:Is it too soon to say Bortles is the most clutch QB in the AFCS?

He'll establish himself as such within the next couple of seasons. Though it was at the college level, dude was an outstanding fourth quarter football player. He's got that innate ability to throw a team on his back in the final moments of a game and pull out a victory. Being clutch during a game's most paramount moments is something that cannot be taught.

Quote:Is it too soon to say Bortles is the most clutch QB in the AFCS?

Before he plays a single snap as a pro?.....yeah, just a little too soon.... 

Quote:Before he plays a single snap as a pro?.....yeah, just a little too soon.... 
yeah no kidding, it would be like saying Colvin is the best DB on the team