Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Bortles Developing Faster than anticipated?

Quote:right? I like how there is this notion that you can't learn from a veteran QB. You can learn a lot of anything from a vet QB from plays, game situations, game prep, etc tons of things. Alot of the great players say they learned from some of the players that were considered average or below average.

Henne has a lot to offer... to those who are willing to learn from others mistakes...

[Image: mistakesdemotivator.jpg]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

So the Jaguars want to avoid playing BB this year.........question......if CH goes down early do you play Stanzi?

Quote:So the Jaguars want to avoid playing BB this year.........question......if CH goes down early do you play Stanzi?

I recall them saying that if Henne went down Bortles would play.  I just don't recall where I read/heard it if it was in an interview or an article.

In order to rebuild, you have to destroy.

Quote:I recall them saying that if Henne went down Bortles would play. I just don't recall where I read/heard it if it was in an interview or an article.
I heard that too.

It was in an article by Oesher.  I found it and below is the link with a quote from Caldwell.

http://www.jaguars.com/news/article-Jagu...4faf4fa8b7

In order to rebuild, you have to destroy.

Quote:So the Jaguars want to avoid playing BB this year.........question......if CH goes down early do you play Stanzi?
Bortles is getting the more meaningful snaps in camp and would be the more prepared of the two. I think in that situation you would have to go with Bortles.

If you are forced to put a guy out there that will have to learn and grow along with the rest of the offense it might as well be the guy of the future.

Quote:right? I like how there is this notion that you can't learn from a veteran QB. You can learn a lot of anything from a vet QB from plays, game situations, game prep, etc tons of things. Alot of the great players say they learned from some of the players that were considered average or below average.

Then why isn't Curtis Painter tearing up the league?  He sat behind Manning for a number of years in Indy and backed up Eli Manning the last two years.  Turns out the only thing he's good at was getting the Colts the #1 pick and getting beat out by Dysert for the backup job in NY.

Quote:Then why isn't Curtis Painter tearing up the league? He sat behind Manning for a number of years in Indy and backed up Eli Manning the last two years. Turns out the only thing he's good at was getting the Colts the #1 pick and getting beat out by Dysert for the backup job in NY.
you still have to have talent but that dosent mean you can't learn from them. They know how things work and if you don't think guys like Henne or Painter help young rookies tremendously I'm willing to bet your dead wrong.

It has more to do with the players surrounding Bortles IMO. Henne is hot garbage and all the sugar coating in the world won't change that.

(This post was last modified: 08-05-2014, 05:37 PM by roycee.)

I will give Henne this. He knows how to prepare for a game, it's just when he actually gets in the game that things tend to go south.

BB looked good in the scrimmage because Henne looked exactly like the guy that played last year.

Quote:I will give Henne this. He knows how to prepare for a game, it's just when he actually gets in the game that things tend to go south.

It can't be said enough, the guy really knows how to pull on his pads and tie his cleats.

Complete professional.

Quote:you still have to have talent but that dosent mean you can't learn from them. They know how things work and if you don't think guys like Henne or Painter help young rookies tremendously I'm willing to bet your dead wrong.

And continuing your train of thought, the type of things (how things work, watching film, etc) can all be done with Henne not playing.  That's my point.  The things that Henne can teach Bortles are not on the field.  They're off the field.

Quote:And continuing your train of thought, the type of things (how things work, watching film, etc) can all be done with Henne not playing. That's my point. The things that Henne can teach Bortles are not on the field. They're off the field.
he can teach him plenty on the field. No point in rushing Bortles in now.

(This post was last modified: 08-06-2014, 10:58 AM by BasshunterX.)

Bortles nor the Jags gain nothing by him being named the starter until the last few games of the forthcoming season. Let our rookie WR's season up and our Oline mellow.

Quote:he can teach him plenty on the field. No point in rushing Bortles in now.

Personally, I'd rather Henne didn't teach Bortles how to suck at being a QB.

Quote:Bortles nor the Jags gain nothing by him being named the starter until the last few games of the forthcoming season. Let our rookie WR's season up and our Oline mellow.

Agreed for the most part. 

I'm fine with Bortles starting by the 2nd half of the season, but if they choose to wait longer, then I'm still good with that. 

Quote:Personally, I'd rather Henne didn't teach Bortles how to suck at being a QB.
If you think

That's all he can teach him then your mistaken.

Quote:If you think

That's all he can teach him then your mistaken.

Well OK then mr inside man.  What can Henne teach Bortles?

<span>I got this tweet from Bigcatcountry...</span>

<span>"Hays Carlyon </span>@<b>HaysCarlyon</b> <a class="" href='https://twitter.com/HaysCarlyon' title="Follow Hays Carlyon on Twitter">Follow</a>

<p class="">Gus Bradley says Bortles starting to stack up quality practices.

<div><a class="" href='https://twitter.com/HaysCarlyon/statuses/497047880478523392'>11:53 AM - 6 Aug 2014</a>"

The plot thickens...

</div>

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!