Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Peter King in Jax

The interview by J. P. with King is interesting (it's on the home page listing of videos). I'm looking forward to reading what he has to say about the Jaguars - perhaps tomorrow on MMQB (within SI.com).

On the sidebar list of tweets within MMQB he talks glowingly of Bradley. Says his bus driver was ready to put on the pads one more time after listening to Gus. (King is touring a number of training camps via tour bus.)  

King's impressed with the look of the stadium enhancements.

The sun's not yellow, it's chicken.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:The interview by J. P. with King is interesting (it's on the home page listing of videos). I'm looking forward to reading what he has to say about the Jaguars - perhaps tomorrow on MMQB (within SI.com).

On the sidebar list of tweets within MMQB he talks glowingly of Bradley. Says his bus driver was ready to put on the pads one more time after listening to Gus. (King is touring a number of training camps via tour bus.)  

I was there today and met Bradley, took a pic with him also.  Really nice guy...and I heard him speak at least weeks luncheon.  I was ready to throw on the pads he got me that pumped.

king said he likes how jax is building and that if we went 3-3 in the division that'd be a really good start. Funny thing is didnt we go 3-3 last season in division play?

yeah but two were against the Texans so that 3-3 doesn't count :woot:

<!-- isHtml:1 --><!-- isHtml:1 -->;

;

And if we don't start beating the Colts does it really matter?

Quote:yeah but two were against the Texans so that 3-3 doesn't count :woot:

division wins always "count"....but given the Texans free fall (tank)/ whatever/ last year, perspective needs to be used. 

Quote:division wins always "count"....but given the Texans free fall (tank)/ whatever/ last year, perspective needs to be used. 

(yawn)

This again?

(This post was last modified: 07-31-2014, 10:34 AM by knarnn.)

King is only visiting 24 training camps this summer. He must really see something here to use one of those spots on us.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Quote:(yawn)

This again?

Just saying....lets see how many times we beat the Texans THIS year. 

If we sweep them this year, then thats a bit more of an accomplishment than sweeping them last year, when they clearly weren't putting forth much of an effort. 

Clearly......
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Quote:The interview by J. P. with King is interesting (it's on the home page listing of videos). I'm looking forward to reading what he has to say about the Jaguars - perhaps tomorrow on MMQB (within SI.com).

The interview was good but completely unsurprising.

He's been around the league and seen a lot of teams so he's not drinking the teal kool-aid. He's right, though, with a guy like Henne starting it would take a really out of character year from him for this team to even sniff .500. And .500 in the division last season against the team picking #1 overall didn't mean much, when he says .500 in the division this year he's assuming the texans will be better. If the texans are as bad as last year again then it will once again be a meaningless stat if it's 1-3 against tennessee and indy.

The Texans were tanking for Teddy!

Huh

http://mmqb.si.com/2014/07/31/training-c...e-jaguars/

Here it is.

“It is the job of thinking people not to be on the side of the executioners.”
― Albert Camus

He got Denard at WR, Alualu where Clemons should be and the wrong DB battle (Evans/Guy).

I like his perspective though...
Making up

Evidence

Depending on

Information

Available

Quote:He got Denard at WR, Alualu where Clemons should be and the wrong DB battle (Evans/Guy).

I like his perspective though...

And Chris Smith at LB behind Dakota Watson.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Quote:And Chris Smith at LB behind Dakota Watson.

...And Ziggy Hood isn't a NT...
Making up

Evidence

Depending on

Information

Available

Why Haven't They Considered Smith At Otto? He Played lb And Can Rush And Would Be Good Size For The Position

Quote:http://mmqb.si.com/2014/07/31/training-c...e-jaguars/

Here it is.

Thanks for posting. 

King gave a reasonable assessment and made no snide comments or jokes about the franchise.

And he likes Bradley.

About all you could ask for.

I agree mostly with his predictions including the unlikelyhood of us making the playoffs. With all the excitement and buzz around the team, I hope fans remember it's still a rebuilding year. Pushing for 8 wins late in the year should be considered pretty fair progress not a reason for disappointment.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

Quote:I agree mostly with his predictions including the unlikelyhood of us making the playoffs. With all the excitement and buzz around the team, I hope fans remember it's still a rebuilding year. Pushing for 8 wins late in the year should be considered pretty fair progress not a reason for disappointment.
Agreed completely.

I just hope the fans' hunger for wins does not translate into unreasonable impatience.

This team is headed in the right direction, but it needs time to play out.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!