Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Can The Liberals Explain This?

I would love to hear what liberals are so afraid of concerning voter ID laws. The United States is the only civilized country which doesn't implement voter ID requirements. So, why do the liberals panic when states approve a voter ID law? Why do liberals fight tooth and nail to get those laws repealed?

If you use the standard issue talking point and say it's racist, then explain how it's racist. Furthermore, explain why an ID is required for welfare, food stamps, and unemployment and the like and is not racist.

How can it be racist to require an ID to vote, but not when it comes to entitlements?

What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 07-30-2014, 11:06 AM by The Eleventh Doctor.)

I don't know how it is in Florida, but when I vote, I have to prove my identification.  And as far as I can remember, I've always had to.

ETA: So I'm not sure what you mean by places that doesn't implement it.  Unless you mean at the federal level.

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

Quote:I would love to hear what liberals are so afraid of concerning voter ID laws. The United States is the only civilized country which doesn't implement voter ID requirements. So, why do the liberals panic when states approve a voter ID law? Why do liberals fight tooth and nail to get those laws repealed?

If you use the standard issue talking point and say it's racist, then explain how it's racist. Furthermore, explain why an ID is required for welfare, food stamps, and unemployment and the like and is not racist.

How can it be racist to require an ID to vote, but not when it comes to entitlements?

I've never heard a liberal say that they think identification to vote is bad, but I have heard of some liberals that don't like the republican sponsored ID voter laws that are designed to attempt to disenfranchise people who are more likely to vote dem than repub.

A good example is that in most states gun permits count as positive ID but state institution issued student IDs don't count as ID.

Of course there is also the 14th and 15th amendment issues along with a significant history of case law essentially declaring any sort of poll tax illegal, and making people need an ID that costs them either in actual money or causes them to need to miss work in order to get one is arguably afoul of the constitution and established case law.

Of course the biggest issue is in what the laws are intended to do. There's never been any evidence of significant in person voter fraud, most of it appears to happen via absentee, something these laws doesn't address at all.

So if the effect of the law is to disenfranchise groups likely to vote in a certain political direction and doesn't address the most significant avenue of voter fraud then what was the law really passed for?

They just know they'd have a more difficult time cheating on the vote counts if implemented. 

Libs.... smh. 

Quote:I've never heard a liberal say that they think identification to vote is bad, but I have heard of some liberals that don't like the republican sponsored ID voter laws that are designed to attempt to disenfranchise people who are more likely to vote dem than repub.

A good example is that in most states gun permits count as positive ID but state institution issued student IDs don't count as ID.

Of course there is also the 14th and 15th amendment issues along with a significant history of case law essentially declaring any sort of poll tax illegal, and making people need an ID that costs them either in actual money or causes them to need to miss work in order to get one is arguably afoul of the constitution and established case law.

Of course the biggest issue is in what the laws are intended to do. There's never been any evidence of significant in person voter fraud, most of it appears to happen via absentee, something these laws doesn't address at all.

So if the effect of the law is to disenfranchise groups likely to vote in a certain political direction and doesn't address the most significant avenue of voter fraud then what was the law really passed for?
Thanks for proving the ineptitude of the argument from the left. A government issued ID is just fine for welfare and foodstamps and a dozen other entitlements. It's just too much of a burden for someone to go through to cast a vote.

The poll tax thing was sort of funny though. I did get a good chuckle out of it at least, so reading your response wasn't a complete waste of time.

What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

Quote:Thanks for proving the ineptitude of the argument from the left. A government issued ID is just fine for welfare and foodstamps and a dozen other entitlements. It's just too much of a burden for someone to go through to cast a vote.

The poll tax thing was sort of funny though. I did get a good chuckle out of it at least, so reading your response wasn't a complete waste of time.

It sounds like you really know a lot about welfare and foodstamps.

Tell me more about your firsthand experience in this arena.

Quote:They just know they'd have a more difficult time cheating on the vote counts if implemented.

Libs.... smh.

Two words: hanging chad
Only a chump boos the home team!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ypRW5qoraTw

LEONARD FOURNETTE FAN CLUB PRESIDENT. I WAS BEHIND HIM WHEN YOU ALL SAID HE WAS BRANDON JACOBS. QUIT HATING ON THE JAGUARS. GUS IS GONE. COUGHLIN HAS RESTORED ORDER. FOURNETTE IS FRED TAYLOR. DONT BELIEVE ME JUST WATCH.

(This post was last modified: 07-30-2014, 03:29 PM by oface5446.)

I've always had to show id to vote. It seems to me republicans have to make up these make-believe conspiracies just so they can vent their anger towards people they don't associate. I'm sorry your life sucks Dakota, but I'm pretty sure it doesn't have anything to do with 'liberals' secretly trying to allow people to vote without ID for some reason lol.

Quote:I've always had to show id to vote. It seems to me republicans have to make up these make-believe conspiracies just so they can vent their anger towards people they don't associate. I'm sorry your life sucks Dakota, but I'm pretty sure it doesn't have anything to do with 'liberals' secretly trying to allow people to vote without ID for some reason lol.

I love it when bitter rednecks [BLEEP] about Obama or even just government in general as if they are the reason for all their problems. Please. If you want to move somewhere else, be my guest! A true man will take responsibility for where he is at in his life. Sorry you can't find a career or decent living with that GED you finished 10 years after high school. Tragic!

LEONARD FOURNETTE FAN CLUB PRESIDENT. I WAS BEHIND HIM WHEN YOU ALL SAID HE WAS BRANDON JACOBS. QUIT HATING ON THE JAGUARS. GUS IS GONE. COUGHLIN HAS RESTORED ORDER. FOURNETTE IS FRED TAYLOR. DONT BELIEVE ME JUST WATCH.

Quote:I love it when bitter rednecks [BLEEP] about Obama or even just government in general as if they are the reason for all their problems. Please. If you want to move somewhere else, be my guest! A true man will take responsibility for where he is at in his life. Sorry you can't find a career or decent living with that GED you finished 10 years after high school. Tragic!
Dakota has at least a Masters and I think even a PhD. 

(This post was last modified: 07-30-2014, 04:32 PM by jagsfreak27.)

Quote:Dakota has at least a Masters and I think even a PhD. 

I wasn't calling him out, just commenting on previous observations.

Quote:I love it when bitter rednecks [BAD WORD REMOVED] about Obama or even just government in general as if they are the reason for all their problems. Please. If you want to move somewhere else, be my guest! A true man will take responsibility for where he is at in his life. Sorry you can't find a career or decent living with that GED you finished 10 years after high school. Tragic!

I'm not the smartest guy in the world, but I don't see why wanting less government makes me a bad guy?

[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

Quote:I'm not the smartest guy in the world, but I don't see why wanting less government makes me a bad guy?

It's because you're a bitter redneck something or other...duh!!
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

Quote:I'm not the smartest guy in the world, but I don't see why wanting less government makes me a bad guy?

Wanting something because you're misguided or uninformed doesn't make you a bad person.

Wanting something because you understand the bad results of that something coming to be would make you a bad person.

I don't think most right-wingers understand what less government the way they want less government really means.

Do you know what the Gilded Age was?

Quote:Wanting something because you're misguided or uninformed doesn't make you a bad person.

Wanting something because you understand the bad results of that something coming to be would make you a bad person.

I don't think most right-wingers understand what less government the way they want less government really means.

Do you know what the Gilded Age was?

I'll play, please educate me, what would come from a limited federal government. That's what "extremist" advocate limited federal government.

(This post was last modified: 07-30-2014, 05:07 PM by Oklahomie.)

Quote:I'll play, please educate me, what would come from a limited federal government. That's what "extremist" advocate limited federal government.

It depends on what parts you want to limit.

If you limited the military branch or the laws that seek to get between women and their doctor then that would be quite the positive limit.

If you mean something like limiting the EPA, that would be a negative.

The purpose of right-wing desire to "limit government" is really to allow them to use the other laws established federally to work the states against each other. Water runs to the lowest point, so to speak.

The constitution makes it clear that states cannot limit trade or travel between each other, which enables corporations to fight states against each other to get the least amount of regulation and the most amount of corporate welfare.

In matters that the federal government controls that sort of action isn't possible because the entire country has to operate under a federal standard.

the LIBS don't like dat!!!

Quote:It depends on what parts you want to limit.

If you limited the military branch or the laws that seek to get between women and their doctor then that would be quite the positive limit.

If you mean something like limiting the EPA, that would be a negative.

The purpose of right-wing desire to "limit government" is really to allow them to use the other laws established federally to work the states against each other. Water runs to the lowest point, so to speak.

The constitution makes it clear that states cannot limit trade or travel between each other, which enables corporations to fight states against each other to get the least amount of regulation and the most amount of corporate welfare.

In matters that the federal government controls that sort of action isn't possible because the entire country has to operate under a federal standard.

You make very bold assertions suggesting only what you see as good and bad is truly good and bad.

The constitution makes it clear what is not specifically designated as a federal power is differed to the states, see the 10th Amendment. So wanting States to control their own education, transportation, welfare, budget, and so on isn't to pit state against state, it's to keep an ever growing political class in check.

Let me ask you if government is so efficient why does the UPS and FedEx run circles around the USPS?

How is forcing pregnant women to take unwanted sonograms before having abortions smaller government?
Only a chump boos the home team!