Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Air BNB

I am planning a west coast trip for my family next spring. I have never used AirBNB before but when I look at the rates on the site, it looks to be less than staying at a hotel. And almost all of the properties offered have parking, multiple bathrooms and are in good locations.

So, my question is has anybody used the site before? How was your experience?

Thanks in advance.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Did anyone see the story about the California woman who took on an AirBNB guest and now he's become a squatter? It may take 3-5 months to get him legally evicted. I saw it on TV so go find a link yourself.

The idea of staying in someone else's house doesn't appeal to me at all.

Yeah, I think that might be part of my hesitation. Although most of the properties I have looked at appear to be rental units.

You can rent just a room or an entire house. I would be doing the entire house. Just as an example, you can rent a 2 bedroom condo in Hollywood for under $200 a night. And it includes parking, washer/dryer, a kitchen. A hotel room in the same area costs about the same, or more, without the amenities.

Quote:Yeah, I think that might be part of my hesitation. Although most of the properties I have looked at appear to be rental units.

You can rent just a room or an entire house. I would be doing the entire house. Just as an example, you can rent a 2 bedroom condo in Hollywood for under $200 a night. And it includes parking, washer/dryer, a kitchen. A hotel room in the same area costs about the same, or more, without the amenities.

It's probably a good alternative to staying in a hotel. Cheaper, easier access to visiting sites, and larger. Personally it's just a hang up of mine, although one I'm sure would pass if I ever stayed in one. Do they have housekeeping?

Actually it was a great experience for me. Also, it is something different then staying in your standard hotel. They have a lot of neat places for rent on that site.

Quote:It's probably a good alternative to staying in a hotel. Cheaper, easier access to visiting sites, and larger. Personally it's just a hang up of mine, although one I'm sure would pass if I ever stayed in one. Do they have housekeeping?

Generally no.

Quote:Actually it was a great experience for me. Also, it is something different then staying in your standard hotel. They have a lot of neat places for rent on that site.

Thanks for the feedback.

Quote:It's probably a good alternative to staying in a hotel. Cheaper, easier access to visiting sites, and larger. Personally it's just a hang up of mine, although one I'm sure would pass if I ever stayed in one. Do they have housekeeping?

Most places charge a "housekeeping fee" of $50 or so.

I was going to use it for my trip to Atlanta last month but it seemed kinda shady to me. I emailed the guy renting the property. He emailed me back but didn't answer any of the questions I asked specifically about his property and the days I was requesting. It was like a bot reply you would get from a craigslist ad.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

I use it 4-5 times a year. Generally no housekeeping and I've never had any negative issues.

I once recognized an airbnb listing from an adult film I've seen. No joke. Showed it to a friend who works for the company. Same house.

Quote:I once recognized an airbnb listing from an adult film I've seen. No joke. Showed it to a friend who works for the company. Same house.

Did you show up a week later with pizza?

Quote:I once recognized an airbnb listing from an adult film I've seen. No joke. Showed it to a friend who works for the company. Same house.

It's admirable that you noted the architecture while watching an adult film, I guess.

Quote:It's admirable that you noted the architecture while watching an adult film, I guess.

I thought that was the reason why anybody watches pron.  

Quote:It's admirable that you noted the architecture while watching an adult film, I guess.

Well, a house like that - you notice.

Quote:Did you show up a week later with pizza?

Yes.

Sausage.

In your case, I'd make sure there's no hidden charges for any necessary fumigation.

If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

After the 5th viewing you get to know where the slow parts are. You know, when they are talking.

- Bob Marley

Quote:In your case, I'd make sure there's no hidden charges for any necessary fumigation.

I have my own Serv Pro reference account.

Quote:After the 5th viewing you get to know where the slow parts are. You know, when they are talking.

Talking?

Get outta here!!

Quote:Talking?

Get outta here!!

The pool boy/milk man/pizza delivery guy can't just show up naked and ready. There must be 5 minutes of dialogue so we get to see what a great actress the female lead is.

- Bob Marley