Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Phil Amato leave FCN

I would link to the story in the T-U but it's pay per view.  My guess is he probably got tired of the soap opera over there. Hopefully he goes to channel 4.  Best local news on air, I believe.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Here's a snipet:

Quote:Amato co-anchored “First Coast News” at 4 a.m. on WTLV and “Good Morning Jacksonville Sunrise” at 5 a.m. and “Good Morning Jacksonville” at 6 a.m. on both stations. At one point, he returned to co-anchor the 5:30 p.m. newscast as well, but was not doing the afternoon newcast any more.

Land would not give a reason for Amato’s resignation, only that he thanked him for his service to the station and wished him well. He said no decision has been made about filling Amato’s place on the show, but Andrew Capasso and Lewis Turner had been filling in temporarily.

Amato had been with the station since 1993, having worked in Idaho and Montana before that.

It’s been a busy two months for local television newsrooms. In late May,Action News informed anchors Mark Spain, Paige Kelton, Tera Barz, Mike Barz and Lynnsey Gardner that their contracts will not be renewed. Neither the stations nor their owner Cox Media Group would comment on the reason.

Two weeks ago, Cox announced thatJohn Bachman of WSB TV in Atlanta is joining the Action News team. He will co-anchor the 5 p.m., 6 p.m. and 11 p.m. newscasts on WTEV TV-47 and the 10 p.m. news on WAWS TV-30.

<a class="bbc_url" href='http://m.jacksonville.com/business/2014-07-28/story/news-anchor-phil-amato-leaves-first-coast-news'>http://m.jacksonville.com/business/2014-07-28/story/news-anchor-phil-amato-leaves-first-coast-news</a>
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Leaving that abruptly usually isn't voluntary. 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Quote:Here's a snipet:

<a class="bbc_url" href='http://m.jacksonville.com/business/2014-07-28/story/news-anchor-phil-amato-leaves-first-coast-news'>http://m.jacksonville.com/business/2014-07-28/story/news-anchor-phil-amato-leaves-first-coast-news</a>

I used to like Mike Barz when they had the old weather guy. 

Quote:Leaving that abruptly usually isn't voluntary. 

He probably swatted Jeannie Blaylock in the rump.  I'd pay to see that.

Quote:He probably swatted Jeannie Blaylock in the rump.  I'd pay to see that.
Just saw her on Saturday night at the stadium.  If he did, she probably would have shattered into a bunch of dusty pieces of skeleton. 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

I haven't watched local news since Lauren Freeman moved to Houston. :mellow:

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Quote:Just saw her on Saturday night at the stadium.  If he did, she probably would have shattered into a bunch of dusty pieces of skeleton.

She is a stick figure!!
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

Quote:I haven't watched local news since Lauren Freeman moved to Houston. :mellow:

There was a blond chick on channel 4 that I absolutely lusted after.  I can't remember her name now.  I usually don't after I tell them to lock the door on the way out.   B)

Quote:There was a blond chick on channel 4 that I absolutely lusted after.  I can't remember her name now.  I usually don't after I tell them to lock the door on the way out.   B)
Didn't she go to 12 or 25? Amanda or something like that? Used to do traffic a few years back.

Or do you have the hots for that Nikki girl?

Quote:Didn't she go to 12 or 25? Amanda or something like that? Used to do traffic a few years back.

Or do you have the hots for that Nikki girl?

Amanda Zimmerman I think...she's the one that looked like a pron star!

Quote:Amanda Zimmerman I think...she's the one that looked like a pron star!

You put an exclamation after that. Nice!

Oh it's zitzman or whatever not Zimmerman.

Quote:You put an exclamation after that. Nice!

Pron stars are good at exclamations!! :thumbsup:

Quote:Amanda Zimmerman I think...she's the one that looked like a pron star!
Amanda Zitzman.  She was a local girl who spent her time here until she could land an anchor job.  She ended up moving out to the great northwest. 

Quote:Oh it's zitzman or whatever not Zimmerman.

I knew it was zit something!! Tongue

Quote:I would link to the story in the T-U but it's pay per view.  My guess is he probably got tired of the soap opera over there. Hopefully he goes to channel 4.  Best local news on air, I believe.

Tom Wills is tough to watch.

The sun's not yellow, it's chicken.

I don't mind more Lindsey Boetsch in the morning

Quote:I knew it was zit something!! Tongue

Don't be a hater Bch.  She was good, and I cant wait until she brings her talents back to the First Coast!

[Image: img_9269_cropped.jpg]
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."