Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Political Section

This can be deleted if needed, but I know in some threads people asked about a Political Section.  It's starting to clutter up the Sideline.  Any possibilities for this?

I don't mind talking politics at times, but its a little much at times.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 07-28-2014, 12:44 PM by The Mad Dog.)

As I stated in the other thread, IMO, a combined Politics/ Religion section (one group for both, not 2 seperate entities) would be ideal. 

Then all the arguing would be confined to that particular section and any thread/ post dealing with the 2 subjects could be simply routed to there. 

Yes, I also understand that religious talk isn't allowed at the current time, but just throwing this out there as a suggestion. 

Yeah, the Sideline forum doesn't need to be tainted anymore. Let's get a Political/Religious section going Mods.

I will forward this request to the admins.

If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

Quote:As I stated in the other thread, IMO, a combined Politics/ Religion section (one group for both, not 2 seperate entities) would be ideal. 

Then all the arguing would be confined to that particular section and any thread/ post dealing with the 2 subjects could be simply routed to there. 

Yes, I also understand that religious talk isn't allowed at the current time, but just throwing this out there as a suggestion. 

I am going to guess you are in the small minority.  I am here to talk football, sports, and to just talk about random stuff.

Politics to me are a different line.  If it was a different section I'd rarely go to that part of the board, and it would allow the people who want it to go there.

Quote:I will forward this request to the admins.

You've always been a good admin rj.

I mean not really, but you know what I mean.

Quote:Yeah, the Sideline forum doesn't need to be tainted anymore. Let's get a Political/Religious section going Mods.

Can we also get a "GLBT" secton as well ?

Also, we need a "Legalize It" section too.

Quote:Yeah, the Sideline forum doesn't need to be tainted anymore. Let's get a Political/Religious section going Mods.

devils advocate.... we already made 2 separate forums for Fantasy sports and All sports forum and now we are suggesting another sub forum...

Jags football talk is already not allowed in the sideline...(as it has its own section, too)

lol, if we keep at this pace, nothing will be left to discuss in the sideline, as we keep regulating with sub forums for other specific topics. 

If politics are going to be allowed, they should be restricted to a politics only section imo.  It's difficult to avoid getting into an argument over politics, and letting it derail a topic.  It's something I'm guilty of too.  

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

Quote:I am going to guess you are in the small minority.  I am here to talk football, sports, and to just talk about random stuff.

Politics to me are a different line.  If it was a different section I'd rarely go to that part of the board, and it would allow the people who want it to go there.

huh? what am I in the minority regarding?

Quote:I will forward this request to the admins.

can you also forward this to the admin, too??

Quote:As I stated in the other thread, IMO, a combined Politics/ Religion section (one group for both, not 2 seperate entities) would be ideal. 

I would not hold your breath waiting on a lift of the ban on religious content.

If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

Quote:I would not hold your breath waiting on a lift of the ban on religious content.

If it was in all in one section, I think it could be managed and orderly. 

Quote:If it was in all in one section, I think it could be managed and orderly. 

You're assuming that there aren't plenty of people around here too immature to handle the subject matter in a way that won't offend people.  Religion can be discussed in a mature matter, but it's such a sticky subject.  Politics are too, of course.  We've already seen plenty of people jump on people for their political beliefs -- stated or unstated.  

I think politics could ultimately divide this forum. Religion most certainly would.

Quote:devils advocate.... we already made 2 separate forums for Fantasy sports and All sports forum and now we are suggesting another sub forum...

Jags football talk is already not allowed in the sideline...(as it has its own section, too)

lol, if we keep at this pace, nothing will be left to discuss in the sideline, as we keep regulating with sub forums for other specific topics. 

I wasn't for a separate sports forum thread, but guess what...I go to it.

You don't think that if they made a separate forum for that, that politics should too?

Quote:You're assuming that there aren't plenty of people around here too immature to handle the subject matter in a way that won't offend people.  Religion can be discussed in a mature matter, but it's such a sticky subject.  Politics are too, of course.  We've already seen plenty of people jump on people for their political beliefs -- stated or unstated.  

I think politics could ultimately divide this forum. Religion most certainly would.

I actually have a theory on why religion isn't allowed... I think it has to do with fear of criticizing a certain "religion" that apparently is off limits to criticize in todays world, however, the other less violent religion's are fair game to shred. 

I could be wrong, but if I had to venture a guess that would be it. 

Quote:I wasn't for a separate sports forum thread, but guess what...I go to it.

You don't think that if they made a separate forum for that, that politics should too?

As I said, it was "devils advocate". 

I agree with the separate forum for politics/ religion. 

Quote: 

Well, we don't want Tom Cruise suing this site, do we?

(This post was last modified: 07-28-2014, 01:08 PM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:Well, we don't want Tom Cruise suing this site, do we?

you're ice cold

Quote:As I said, it was "devils advocate". 

I agree with the separate forum for politics/ religion. 

It wasn't devils advocate, it was your opinion.