Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Damian Copeland

Are people sleeping of this dude? Not to act like an undrafted FA will come in and take this franchise by storm immediately but he made some circus catches at Louisville. I feel like he could be a gem for us.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I've been saying this since we signed him. I really feel like he and Hurns will push for a roster spot. Especially with Sanders starting the season suspended.

Quote:I've been saying this since we signed him. I really feel like he and Hurns will push for a roster spot. Especially with Sanders starting the season suspended.

I wonder if theres any realistic chance of both Hurns and Copeland making the final cuts. 

Does Sanders count on the final 53 while suspended for the first 4? I am assuming not. 

Quote:I wonder if theres any realistic chance of both Hurns and Copeland making the final cuts.

Does Sanders count on the final 53 while suspended for the first 4? I am assuming not.

It's going to come down to a numbers game. It's going to be hard for both to make the roster IMHO

Quote:I wonder if theres any realistic chance of both Hurns and Copeland making the final cuts. 

Sanders does not count towards the 53 man roster.  I read this somewhere a few days ago, but can't remember where. I think Oesher may have said it the other day in his column.

“It is the job of thinking people not to be on the side of the executioners.”
― Albert Camus

Quote:I've been saying this since we signed him. I really feel like he and Hurns will push for a roster spot. Especially with Sanders starting the season suspended.

He certainly looks like he could fill that void in the slot.  Anyone know if he returns kicks?

“It is the job of thinking people not to be on the side of the executioners.”
― Albert Camus

I thought Copeland had a shot at making the roster before the ace Sanders incident, I think the percent of that chance happening has gone way up now.
Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

I like his hair

With Sanders suspended it appears Copeland has a great shot at making the roster as the Jaguars slot receiver. He'll be tested considerably knowing that come week five the Jaguars will have a decision to make. That is, do they re-instate Ace on the roster or waive him, and if they re-instate him, who do they waive to make room? In other words, Copeland has through week four to prove that he deserves to stick around for the year.

'02

LOL... I recently ranked the Jaguars WRs and had Copeland dead last. I'll have to move him up now that he's emerged as a presence in the slot. Now I'm thinking...

<strong>Jaguars WR ranking
</strong><span style="color:rgb(0,128,128);">(Denard Robinson not listed because he's really a RB)<strong>...</strong></span>

1. Justin Blackmon (suspended)

2. Cecil Shorts

3. Marquis Lee

4. Allen Robinson

5. Tandon Doss

6. Mike Brown

7. Ace Sanders

8. Damian Copeland

9. Kerry Taylor

10. Allen Hurns

11. Chad Bumphis

12. <span style="color:rgb(0,128,128);"><strong>Nathan Slaughter</strong></span>

13. Lamaar Thomas

'02

Quote:LOL... I recently ranked the Jaguars WRs and had Copeland dead last. I'll have to move him up now that he's emerged as a presence in the slot. Now I'm thinking...

<strong>Jaguars WR ranking
</strong><span style="color:rgb(0,128,128);">(Denard Robinson not listed because he's really a RB)<strong>...</strong></span>

1. Justin Blackmon (suspended)
2. Cecil Shorts
3. Marquis Lee
4. Allen Robinson
5. Tandon Doss
6. Mike Brown
7. Ace Sanders
8. Damian Copeland
9. Kerry Taylor
10. Allen Hurns
11. Chad Bumphis
12. <span style="color:rgb(0,128,128);"><strong>Nathan Slaughter</strong></span>
13. Lamaar Thomas

Idk why but I expect Doss to fall down that list

Mike Brown is underrated. That is all.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

Quote:With Sanders suspended it appears Copeland has a great shot at making the roster as the Jaguars slot receiver. He'll be tested considerably knowing that come week five the Jaguars will have a decision to make. That is, do they re-instate Ace on the roster or waive him, and if they re-instate him, who do they waive to make room? In other words, Copeland has through week four to prove that he deserves to stick around for the year.
is Copeland not practice squad eligible?

I'm crazy, I completely forgot about getting him. I really liked him when he was making circus catches from Bridgewater at Louisville. Nobody ever talked about him. Hopefully he can be a diamond in the rough for a team that desperately needs a face at WR.

I'm completely on the side of the people saying Blackmon is completely done as a Jaguar after going against the idea for so long. 

Sanders obviously is no better in that aspect if he has a teammate like Blackmon to learn from and makes the same mistakes. 

Shorts is out for awhile. 

We literally have nobody but rookies to go by right now. I really hope Lee / Robinson pan out, but you never know. We have the worst luck with WR's. 

Titansequaltrash aka my mini me. Follows me around like a cute puppy dog.

Quote: 

We literally have nobody but rookies to go by right now. I really hope Lee / Robinson pan out, but you never know. We have the worst luck with WR's. 

And its not as big a deal as some people want to make it to be. 

Newsflash: we're not going to be a playoff team this year, nor were we even before the WR injuries. 

Lee/ Robinson/ Hurns/ Copeland will benefit from the added reps. 

I don't believe for a second that we couldn't have competed for the division this year. It's the worst it's been in quite some time, plus Indy just lost their RB and have Trent Richardson (LOL). 

Do I want to compete for the division? Not really because we'd get killed in the first round and be in the middle of the draft next year. But just saying... 

Quote:And its not as big a deal as some people want to make it to be. 

Newsflash: we're not going to be a playoff team this year, nor were we even before the WR injuries. 

Titansequaltrash aka my mini me. Follows me around like a cute puppy dog.

kerry taylor sucks

(This post was last modified: 07-27-2014, 07:07 PM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:kerry taylor sucks

You have what should be my avatar, or at least some incorporation of that idea. 

Then again....sometimes I even get bored of my username and consider changing it. 

Quote:And its not as big a deal as some people want to make it to be.

It's going to be fun watching these young guys this preseason

Quote:is Copeland not practice squad eligible?

Of course he's eligible. Why wouldn't he be?

'02