Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Shad Khan on CNBC at 10:30AM today

I'm gonna go out on a limb and assume we dont have a ton of CNBC watchers on here.  But for those that want to check out our owner, he'll be on at 10:30AM today.  Will be curious to see what they talk to him about.  The are advertising him as the owner of the Jags and not any of his other ventures, so I'm assuming a good chunk of it will be NFL talk.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

On Teen Jeopardy last night, the Answer was:

The name of this Professional Sports team. {at which time they showed the Jaguars logo}

"Who are the Jacksonville Jaguars."

The word is getting out.... We have a logo people recognize.

I ain't no monkey... I'm an ape. Banana

Quote:I'm gonna go out on a limb and assume we dont have a ton of CNBC watchers on here.  But for those that want to check out our owner, he'll be on at 10:30AM today.  Will be curious to see what they talk to him about.  The are advertising him as the owner of the Jags and not any of his other ventures, so I'm assuming a good chunk of it will be NFL talk.

Example # 212 as to why rich guys buy NFL teams. I've always gotten the feeling that he really enjoys talking about the Jaguars and his business successes.

Thanks for the heads up. I'm sure most of the regular posters are watching CNBC right now. (LOL)

The sun's not yellow, it's chicken.

I guess by 10:30 they really meant some other time.

Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

Quote:I guess by 10:30 they really meant some other time.

Around 10:40 they said theyd have him on after the break and were showing clips of the pools and scoreboards.  but when they got back from commercial, they were killing some time.  And then I got pulled away so I dont know if he eventually made it on.  Or if maybe he got busy and just had to blow them off.

Quote:Around 10:40 they said theyd have him on after the break and were showing clips of the pools and scoreboards.  but when they got back from commercial, they were killing some time.  And then I got pulled away so I dont know if he eventually made it on.  Or if maybe he got busy and just had to blow them off.
I did not see it.

They just announced he would be on after break.

LEONARD FOURNETTE FAN CLUB PRESIDENT. I WAS BEHIND HIM WHEN YOU ALL SAID HE WAS BRANDON JACOBS. QUIT HATING ON THE JAGUARS. GUS IS GONE. COUGHLIN HAS RESTORED ORDER. FOURNETTE IS FRED TAYLOR. DONT BELIEVE ME JUST WATCH.

On now

(This post was last modified: 07-25-2014, 11:22 AM by rfc17.)

didnt learn much new.  was hoping they'd talk more about the finances of it.

** he was looking pretty sharp btw

Quote:On Teen Jeopardy last night, the Answer was:

The name of this Professional Sports team. {at which time they showed the Jaguars logo}

"Who are the Jacksonville Jaguars."

The word is getting out.... We have a logo people recognize.

You don't ask Jeopardy questions about common knowledge.  

Quote:didnt learn much new. was hoping they'd talk more about the finances of it.

** he was looking pretty sharp btw
Indeed.
[Image: BtZjxRbCMAAZnwf.jpg]
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Quote:Indeed. [Image: BtZjxRbCMAAZnwf.jpg]

Man it was hot today and no sweat on him at all! He must have paid off his sweat glands. Must be nice to be a billionaire.

Quote:Indeed.
Is that Cheech or Chong?

When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

(This post was last modified: 07-25-2014, 11:03 PM by xJAGGYx.)

Quote:Is that Cheech or Chong?

So that's why JB thought it was ok. Awe, duuuude, no worries bro, the dude that owns my team is cheech maan!!! It's all good! Did I tell you that I'm not a jersey yet?

Quote:Indeed.

Big pimpin

Shad is seriously the coolest man on the planet.
Make the Jags Great Again
Blake Bortles......YOU'RE FIRED!
Dave Caldwell.....YOU'RE FIRED!

(This post was last modified: 07-26-2014, 03:36 AM by Tuxedo.)

Quote:You don't ask Jeopardy questions about common knowledge.  

It was the $400 question, so it wasn't a tough one.

On topic though, Shad always does a great job presenting the Jaguars whenever he gets a media appearance. Outside of Jerry Jones, he probably embraces the spotlight more than any other NFL owner and actually helps the brand.

Edit: Here's a link to his appearance. http://video.cnbc.com/gallery/?video=3000294264

Quote:It was the $400 question, so it wasn't a tough one.

On topic though, Shad always does a great job presenting the Jaguars whenever he gets a media appearance. Outside of Jerry Jones, he probably embraces the spotlight more than any other NFL owner and actually helps the brand.

Edit: Here's a link to his appearance. http://video.cnbc.com/gallery/?video=3000294264

Thanks for posting! I'm almost speechless. To have an owner like shahid Khan is like a dream come true.

Before I watch the video, I put the over/under on how many times Shad says "absolutely" at 4. I'll take the over.

If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

Quote:Before I watch the video, I put the over/under on how many times Shad says "absolutely" at 4. I'll take the over.

He made a late rush with a double absolutely, but I lose the bet.

Credit where due, Wayne Weaver made a good choice.

If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]