Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Planning a trip to the US West Coast

Quote:So with having a proper full time job now and thus having the funds to actually go on a proper vacation as well I've been looking into the another US/NFL trip and I've kind of zeroed in on the San Diego game followed by the Pittsburgh game in Jacksonville. First plan was to drive from San Diego to Jacksonville but on second thought driving through the flyover states isn't as interesting as sticking to the West Coast and then flying to Jacksonville. But I need a few suggestions/ideas on planning my trip, here's what I got so far:

Places I definitely want to visit:

Grand Canyon

San Francisco

Places I want to visit but can drop if it doesn't fit:

Los Angeles

San Diego (outside of the game)

Las Vegas

California State Route 1 (the coastal highway that snakes up the Pacific coastline)

Plan right now is to go to the game in San Diego, drive to the Grand Canyon straight afterwards (like from parking lot to Arizona/Nevada), then Las Vegas, San Fran, up the coast to whatever airport takes me to Jacksonville directly, probably Portland or Seattle though Seattle might be one city too far. 

I havent really been on the west coast that often.  Seattle was nice, a lot of russian & japanese influnce combined with tons of rain allows beautiful gardens and tons of lakes.  I heard San Diego is beautiful and has a fantastic zoo.  The grand canyon is a wonder but in the end its a giant ditch right?  If I was you I wouldnt go to LA (unless your into the hollywood scene), its a massive ghetto and polluted.  Ive never been to Vegas but it was created by the mofia to legally steal peoples money, and they discreately continue to do so.  SanFran well if you like the same sex you'll love it there. 

You should just come straight to Jacksonville, Florida and skip the west coast altogether.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Easily. It's only around 2 hours.
So it's entirely feasible to drive to like visit Canaveral in the morning and be in Jacksonville for dinner? That would be nice since it gives me a day extra in either the Keys, Miami or Jacksonville.

Quote:So it's entirely feasible to drive to like visit Canaveral in the morning and be in Jacksonville for dinner? That would be nice since it gives me a day extra in either the Keys, Miami or Jacksonville.
Most folks can make it Canaveral - Jax in just over 2 hours going just over the speed limit.

Quote:So it's entirely feasible to drive to like visit Canaveral in the morning and be in Jacksonville for dinner? That would be nice since it gives me a day extra in either the Keys, Miami or Jacksonville.
I always make it a 'day trip'.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Ticket is booked now. I'll be in Florida from November 28 to December 8.

Quote:Ticket is booked now. I'll be in Florida from November 28 to December 8.

We're sorry...Florida is closed during that time!
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

Quote:Further question: If I get there early can catch it all and still have time to drive to Jacksonville?

If you get there early they give you a space shuttle ride!

Very feasible.  I wouldn't leave off visiting St. Augustine if you are into history at all.

I would also make a slight detour around that area and head to Keystone Heights.  There is another aviation museum there (small) and it's pretty close to Jacksonville (45 min or so drive).

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Quote:We're sorry...Florida is closed during that time!

(Good one, Bunnie)

*Ahem*  Yeah, yeah, DF, we'll be closed.  You'll just have to reschedule.

Quote:(Good one, Bunnie)

*Ahem*  Yeah, yeah, DF, we'll be closed.  You'll just have to reschedule.
Oh, I'll just take my many tourist dollars elsewhere.

Quote:Oh, I'll just take my many tourist dollars elsewhere.

Both of them?!?!

I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

Quick update: Flight and hotels are all booked. I will be in Jacksonville from December 4 to December 8.

Quote:Quick update: Flight and hotels are all booked. I will be in Jacksonville from December 4 to December 8.

Thanks for the warning! :Woot:

Quote:Thanks for the warning! :Woot:

You're safe...you're not an Asian teenager.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Quote:You're safe...you're not an Asian teenager.

Very true!!