Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
New York Giants hire David Tyree who is against Gay Marriage

Quote:Sure it's legal. It's legal to be gay. Eh, don't bring up sodomy laws. Those are just as archaic and funny as the no walking your elephant on main street after 5PM laws. They're also just as meaningless.

I don't care who gets married either. If it doesn't affect me I don't understand why I should care enough to even have a vote about it.

We are pretending marriage is some sacred thing. It's a piece of paper that makes it hard to break up.

Let 'em do what they want. Unless it makes me poorer somehow.. then I'd be upset. Otherwise.. none of my frigging business.

I agree with let them do what they want. But as you can see many disagree and others think if we allow gay marriage then pedophiles and incest epidemic is on the way. Discussions raise awareness and is a big reason we have so many states now allowing gay marriage. Times are changing and dinosaur views like D6 and TMD are becoming the minority thankfully. But they will fight with desperation now and the only way to do that is fear.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I think we would all do well to not care so much about things that don't really affect us.

I mean.. let's face it, our country is rapidly going down a certain fecal creek without a certain implement to control the boat... and we care about these kinds of things? I honestly think it's all just a smoke screen that politicians use to make us not think about our crippling debt and the fact that China owns more and more of us every day.

THAT's the truth.. and most of us took the bait, hook, line and sinker.

Quote:I think we would all do well to not care so much about things that don't really affect us.

I mean.. let's face it, our country is rapidly going down a certain fecal creek without a certain implement to control the boat... and we care about these kinds of things? I honestly think it's all just a smoke screen that politicians use to make us not think about our crippling debt and the fact that China owns more and more of us every day.

I think you are failing to understand that caring about this is what has allowed more gay people to legally marry. It may not be important to you, but it is important to a big part of our population (roughly 10%). It is a big country. We don't have to solve problems in order or one at a time.

Let's take the slippery slope the other way.

If the legalization of gay marriage has encouraged people to be gay, this encouragement comes from allowing people to have sex before marriage.  Therefore if we outlaw gay marriage, we should also outlaw people having sex before marriage.  Of course, it can also be said that having sex for reasons other the procreation is deviant in itself.  Therefore people not trying to conceive should also not be allowed to have sex.  So by banning gay marriage, we're going to slowly and surely bring legislature into the bedroom.  And don't tell me politicians wont' be pushing for it.  Rick Santorum is a name that comes to mind quickly. 

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

Quote:I think we would all do well to not care so much about things that don't really affect us.

I have actually thought about this before.....and wondered if the whole gay topic was the biggest red herring ever, since they know its something that could sidetrack the country while other much more important stuff is happening right under the citizen's noses...such as your China comment. 

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I don't disagree with you that vast amounts of the horse poop that comes from the mouths of those in power is spit shine to a turd and I don't disagree that making a huge issue out of gay rights (for either side) can be very beneficial to a bunch of crooks (on either side) who don't want to be held to account for being useless.

That doesn't change the fact that there is inequality and that it is still a real issue that affects a lot of American families.

Just because it isn't a big of an issue as national debt or war in the middle east, doesn't mean we should just ignore it, sometimes the small things matter too.

Quote:Just to be different, Bortles.

Some of you can't deal with more than one issue at a time?

The politicians are using "gay marriage" to divert us from wondering about immigration?

I thought they were using the immigration issue to divert us from the debt issue.

Or are they using the debt issue to divert us from thinking about foreign wars?

Or are they using all of those issues to divert us from realizing they are implementing a New World Order?

So confusing.

The sun's not yellow, it's chicken.

Don't you get it?  Immigration is Obama's Katrina.  (even though the last guy who was president for 8 years was governor of Texas 8 years prior to that and had a front row seat for what has been going on).

Only a chump boos the home team!