Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
New York Giants hire David Tyree who is against Gay Marriage

Quote:I'll guess what I think D6 is trying to say in regards to the "connection"...

There was a time when homosexuality was considered "taboo" or perversive by a large majority of people....in current society, its increasingly not seen as that way, with the help of the interest groups that are bullying their ideas....Most people understand that once something is gained, it usually doesn't just "stop" there....a fringe will want more and more and become bored with the "status quo"...when being gay isn't enough to satisfy their sexual desires, then what?....then they seek something else to satisfy their needs....could it evolve into legal pedophelia? incest? polygamy?? Who knows what road it will evolve into?? I'd bet few people saw where we are now regarding homosexuality being "normal" 60 years ago....

People really will try any scare tactics won't they? Since when was pedophilia specifically a man on boy thing? I can imagine there are a fair few dirty old men who would quite like to see the age of consent lowered for girls too, does this mean we should ban hetrosexual marriage? Of course not, that would be freaking ridiculous.

Quote:Just to be different, Bortles.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 07-25-2014, 08:02 PM by Kotite.)

I can post links when I am not using my phone regarding his comments comparing the fight against marriage equality to the fight against slavery.

As for the argument legalizing gay marriage would lead to legalized pedophilia, I would say this.. to people like Brown (and maybe you for all I know), gay marriage is as repulsive as pedophilia. The difference is that if a cop sees two guys making out and another guy molesting a kid, only one person is going to jail because pedophilia is illegal and loving who you want to is simply 'not recognized.' NOM is largely funded by the Mormon church which pumped millions into the California Prop 8 battle. Lies like the myth homosexuality and pedophilia are intrinsically linked were entered into the court as evidence. In some cases, the "proof" was a rant from an anti-gay blog. The Regenerus report which NOM uses to support their cause is known to have "cooked" data and is mocked by pretty much the entire scientific world. That you give money to this group and have no knowledge of what they are doing or saying is troubling. Not everyone who gets married does so with the involvement of a church, synagogue or mosque, yet groups like NOM are spending millions fighting against a minority that just wants the same rights you and I have. Imagine if they put that money to a more Christian purpose what kind of impact it could have. I noticed you ignored the incidents in France. I will sum up for you and you can refute all you like. NOM whipped up a bunch of people across France to fight against Hollande who was backing marriage equality. After protesters used small children as human shields, a wave of violence against homosexuals in France took place ranging from beatings to stabbings. After about a week or so of dead silence on the matter, NOM issued a statement condemning it. They basically yelled FIRE in a theater and waited until they were slammed by media outlets worldwide for a week or so to say they didn't approve of the fact people got trampled.
Only a chump boos the home team!

Quote:I'll guess what I think D6 is trying to say in regards to the "connection"...

There was a time when homosexuality was considered "taboo" or perversive by a large majority of people....in current society, its increasingly not seen as that way, with the help of the interest groups that are bullying their ideas, and maybe also via the ease for anyone to obtain x rated movies via the internet....Most people understand that once something is gained, it usually doesn't just "stop" there....a fringe will want more and more and become bored with the "status quo"...when being gay isn't enough to satisfy their sexual desires, then what?....then they seek something else to satisfy their needs....could it evolve into legal pedophelia? incest? polygamy?? Who knows what road it will evolve into?? I'd bet few people saw where we are now regarding homosexuality being "normal" 60 years ago....

Wow! What a perfect example of 1955 thought. You were clearly born out of your time. Oklahomie is exactly right. You are using, practically word for word, the same arguments that were used by the segregationists in the '50s. Do you know where this may lead! Obviously the republic has fallen and it's all due to "those people".

I have no doubt you truly believe this. You're not alone. Thankfully most (not all) who agree with you are elderly, bitter people who bemoan the fact that the world has changed. But they are dying off and their political influence is diminishing daily.

I'm pretty conservative politically and libertarian by nature socially. But this is about human rights. Conservatives in the past have been in the forefront of protecting freedom and the right to be who you are and what you are. And the backwards thoughts of people worried about  "what this could evolve into" (they may start marrying each other!) isn't going to turn back the clock to 1955.

The sun's not yellow, it's chicken.

Quote:Yes, people do seem to be going that way a lot more recently.

Likely because it's such a simple ideology that it's easy to ignore all the problems it would create.

When people are thinking "Hey, they say I should be free to get baked out of my gourd all the time, that sounds pretty good" they're not thinking about other libertarian ideals like the freedom for "my boss to be able to demand I work 80 hours a week for minimum wage or he'll move all the jobs in our company to Mexico or India and there will be no tariffs to make that a problem for him at all."

Like most things it's easy to find something appealing when you're only thinking about the parts that sound immediately good to you, and like all political ideologies a bit more thinking about it would likely leave you finding parts of it that you wouldn't particularly appreciate.

You're confusing Libertarianism with Anachro-capitalism.

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

(This post was last modified: 07-25-2014, 01:21 PM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:It's a worthless argument and along the same line of arguments that were used to attempt to prop up anti-interracial marriage laws 50 years ago.

http://youtu.be/A8JsRx2lois

Quote:People really will try any scare tactics won't they? Since when was pedophilia specifically a man on boy thing? I can imagine there are a fair few dirty old men who would quite like to see the age of consent lowered for girls too, does this mean we should ban hetrosexual marriage? Of course not, that would be freaking ridiculous.

Quote:Wow! What a perfect example of 1955 thought. You were clearly born out of your time. Oklahomie is exactly right. You are using, practically word for word, the same arguments that were used by the segregationists in the '50s. Do you know where this may lead! Obviously the republic has fallen and it's all due to "those people".

I have no doubt you truly believe this. You're not alone. Thankfully most (not all) who agree with you are elderly, bitter people who bemoan the fact that the world has changed. But they are dying off and their political influence is diminishing daily.

I'm pretty conservative politically and libertarian by nature socially. But this is about human rights. Conservatives in the past have been in the forefront of protecting freedom and the right to be who you are and what you are. And the backwards thoughts of people worried about  "what this could evolve into" (they may start marrying each other!) isn't going to turn back the clock to 1955.

I don't consider the two subjects equals as the liberals are so badly trying to make it out to be. 

IMO, sexual preferences/ perversions are a different entity than being born a certain race or a certain gender. 

You can act like what I said in post 59 as folly, but I think theres a lot of sense there. Do you honestly think that once this whole gay movement becomes "normal" that there won't then start to be a need for more perverse ways to satisfy these people sexually?? Over time/ generations it will evolve into the next thing and so on. It just doesn't stay "status quo". It will start out with a "fringe" again, and then that fringe will demand equality until (incest/ polygamy/ pedophilia/ [BAD WORD REMOVED]) or whatever their fancy at that point becomes "normal". 

Quote:I don't consider the two subjects equals as the liberals are so badly trying to make it out to be.

IMO, sexual preferences/ perversions are a different entity than being born a certain race or a certain gender.

You can act like what I said in post 59 as folly, but I think theres a lot of sense there. Do you honestly think that once this whole gay movement becomes "normal" that there won't then start to be a need for more perverse ways to satisfy these people sexually?? It will evolve into the next thing and so on. It just doesn't stay "status quo". It will start out with a "fringe" again, and then that fringe will demand equality until (incest/ polygamy/ pedophilia/ [BAD WORD REMOVED]) or whatever their fancy at that point becomes "normal".

"These people" that is some ignorant dookie. If you wanna talk about perverse ways to satisfy sexual cravings, I suggest you watch the trailer for 50 Shades of Grey.

Quote:You're confusing Libertarianism with Anachro-capitalism.

No, I'm not.

Though I was mistaken to mention minimum wage. Libertarians would ideally do away with it and try to make it legal for companies to pay in scrip.

Re:NOM and SPLC

One man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter.

Quote:"These people" that is some ignorant dookie. If you wanna talk about perverse ways to satisfy sexual cravings, I suggest you watch the trailer for 50 Shades of Grey.

Yes, lets fixate on grammar....yawn. 

Just stop with the perceived slight crap. The connotation "these people" wasn't meant as any different as if I used "these people" referring to car salesmen in a thread discussing purchasing an automobile. 

(This post was last modified: 07-25-2014, 01:39 PM by The Mad Dog.)

Also, its typical of the liberals to start the name calling when you try to bring any opinion that goes against what they are supporting. 

Just look at the posts with name calling aimed at me after post 59, which was very innocuous and merely just trying to explain what D6's viewpoint might have been.

Its what they do. They are nothing but bullies who try and force their mindthink. 

Quote:Also, its typical of the liberals to start the name calling when you try to bring any opinion that goes against what they are supporting. 

Just look at the posts with name calling aimed at me after post 59, (which they did not like). 

Its what they do. They are nothing but bullies who try and force their mindthink. 

You're going to seriously try to play that card when you're labeling homosexuals as pedophiles?

(This post was last modified: 07-25-2014, 01:39 PM by Mr Sensible.)

Quote:I don't consider the two subjects equals as the liberals are so badly trying to make it out to be. 

You can act like what I said in post 59 as folly, but I think theres a lot of sense there. Do you honestly think that once this whole gay movement becomes "normal" that there won't then start to be a need for more perverse ways to satisfy these people sexually?? Over time/ generations it will evolve into the next thing and so on. It just doesn't stay "status quo". It will start out with a "fringe" again, and then that fringe will demand equality until (incest/ polygamy/ pedophilia/ [BAD WORD REMOVED]) or whatever their fancy at that point becomes "normal". 

I was going to make a long post telling you how crazy and offensive you are.

But its pointless, you obviously have deep insecurities which don't allow you to be rational about this.

The wheels are already in motion and the world is slowly but surely giving two adults of the same gender who love each other the same rights as you and I. You and your klan have lost. Soon, for a person to say what Tyree said would be as ruinous for a career as saying you think black people deserve less rights and all that will be left to oppose it will be a few sad old men reminiscing about the good old days when gay people hid their sexuality.

It will be just like getting stuck having an awkward conversation with an old man who wants to tell you how much better things were when black people knew their place.

Quote:Just to be different, Bortles.

Quote:You're going to seriously try to play that card when you're labeling homosexuals as pedophiles?

Hahaha where have I "labelled homosexuals as pedophiles"????? 

Stating a potential slippery slope is not labeling current people as anything.  

Quote:Hahaha where have I "labelled homosexuals as pedophiles"????? 

Yes, I know, you're trying to be cute about it.

Quote:"Do you honestly think that once this whole gay movement becomes "normal" that there won't then start to be a need for more perverse ways to satisfy these people sexually?? Over time/ generations it will evolve into the next thing and so on. It just doesn't stay "status quo". It will start out with a "fringe" again, and then that fringe will demand equality until (incest/ polygamy/ pedophilia/ [BAD WORD REMOVED]) or whatever their fancy at that point becomes "normal".

You're not saying homosexuals are pedophiles, just that they're deviants that will eventually turn to pedophilia once they can't get their rocks off on being perverts through just being gay.

You've learned well from fox news.

It is not grammar. You says there will be a need for more perverse ways to satisfy "these people" sexually. You are talking about gay people in your post. How am I supposed to interpret it?

If you are so against two guys sleeping with each other my advice would be to not sleep with another dude. If you are repulsed by the idea of two guys getting married, I would advise against marrying a same sex partner. If it isn't your life, what do you care? Homosexuals have been a documented part of history going back to the Egyptians. Native Americans honored them and called them "two-spirited." Alexander the Great was a known homosexual who conquered the known world in his 20s. They have always existed and are not going away. They have been a minority that has been bullied for generations and now that they are finally achieving social and in some cases legal acceptance, people who have bullied them all their lives are freaking out. Evolve dude. All this disgust at two guys loving each other and most opponents can't help but focus on the sexual aspect.. as if that is the foundation of any marriage or relationship. Yet these same people in many cases not only condone, but fantasize about two women having sex. Maybe get out of your shell and actually talk to some gay people before you declare such expert testimony.

Quote:Hahaha where have I "labelled homosexuals as pedophiles"????? 

You are making comparisons between two completely different things.  You are tying those two things together.  Again, what do the two have to do with each other?

Weren't these same things being said for women's rights and black people having rights?  That slippery slope...  Definitely don't want to better ourselves as a society.  Much better to be intolerant of others.  

Luckily you are on the wrong side of history.  

Quote:You mentioned or at least I remember you mentioning that you were Christian.  Maybe I'm mistaken.  That is not my belief, it is what is in the Bible.  

It really comes down to whether you believe someone is born gay or you think it is a choice.  I know it isn't a choice for me to be straight.  That's just who I am.  I've spoken with many gay people and either they are all in this big conspiracy together lying about being gay or they just are who they are.  I don't believe being gay is a choice for most of the LGBT community.

Again, perverse implies something completely different.  You think being gay is perverse or at least that is what you seem to be implying.  

IMO, its all about new and exciting ways for certain people to get their kicks, sexually... If its "taboo" its exciting for some people...

Once being gay evolves to being "the norm"....then gay people will then be bored of it, and a sect of that group of people will need to push the envelope further, until whatever that is becomes forced into being "normal"....

As said....slippery slope. 

Quote:IMO, its all about new and exciting ways for certain people to get their kicks, sexually... If its "taboo" its exciting for some people...

Once being gay evolves to being "the norm"....then gay people will then be bored of it, and a sect of that group of people will need to push the envelope further, until whatever that is becomes forced into being "normal"....

To sum what you're saying up:

Quote: 

Being gay is a gateway perversion, once being gay isn't considered perversion anymore then they'll move on to pedophilia because the only reason they're not already busy molesting children is because they're so busy feeling high about how perverted they are just being homosexuals.

(This post was last modified: 07-25-2014, 02:06 PM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:You are making comparisons between two completely different things.  You are tying those two things together.  Again, what do the two have to do with each other?

Weren't these same things being said for women's rights and black people having rights?  That slippery slope...  Definitely don't want to better ourselves as a society.  Much better to be intolerant of others.  

Luckily you are on the wrong side of history.  

Intolerant?? Thats a laugh. Liberals always preach tolerance, but only apply it when you go along with what they believe in. 

I'm not one who's forcing anyone to agree with any of my beliefs. What I say about the slippery slope thing is my OPINION on how it will evolve over time. 

I'm pro-traditional relationships/ traditional marriage. Like the Chick Fil A guy....I'm wrongly labeled and branded a hater/ homophobe for that. Thats how liberals roll. Its the way they argue. Its tactical. They don't think you can see it, but I do. 

I don't hate gays, nor do I deprive them of their equality.

My biggest issue has always been the Liberals trying to FORCE their agenda/ mindthink at every turn, being they control the media and largely control education.  

Quote:IMO, its all about new and exciting ways for certain people to get their kicks, sexually... If its "taboo" its exciting for some people...

You cannot really believe this. Being gay with equality will be the same thing being gay was a hundred years ago and a hundred years from now. They will just be able to legally get healthcare for spouses and visitation rights on death beds. If you want to get into pushing the envelope sexually, you will need to turn to a more repressed culture like the Japanese BDSM scene for starters.