Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Politics are ok?

Quote:Or, just work with the privileges we're given and not complain.
lol @priviliges we're given. You're the perfect guy for the thought police. HERE TAKE THIS AND CONSIDER YOUR SELF PRIVILEGED

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Hey homebiscuit, they allow you to have a computer too! How nice of them

Quote:lol @priviliges we're given. You're the perfect guy for the thought police. HERE TAKE THIS AND CONSIDER YOUR SELF PRIVILEGED

Quote:Hey homebiscuit, they allow you to have a computer too! How nice of them

Well aren't you a spicy one.

(This post was last modified: 07-26-2014, 06:32 PM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:Do you really want to put up with posts from people that can't help themselves and say stuff like the Westboro people like to say?

Westboro are a bunch of clowns. I don't even acknowledge them as legitimate. They are like a traveling circus. 

What sucks is there are some (usually left wingers) that cite them (as if they were legitimate) when they are trying to push their agenda's. 

W'boro make other look bad by association.....and I think its intentional, personally. 

Quote:Westboro are a bunch of clowns. I don't even acknowledge them as legitimate. They are like a traveling circus. 

What sucks is there are some (usually left wingers) that cite them (as if they were legitimate) when they are trying to push their agenda's. 

W'boro make other look bad by association.....and I think its intentional, personally.

I could care less about them, I just used their though process as an example! I don't want every thread turning into that kind of stuff!!
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

Quote:Well aren't you a spicy one.

The new ones always are! :thumbsup:

Quote:I could care less about them, I just used their though process as an example! I don't want every thread turning into that kind of stuff!!

Just for the record, I wasn't meaning YOU

Quote:I could care less about them, I just used their though process as an example! I don't want every thread turning into that kind of stuff!!

Now that the old man is polishing Beelzebub's shoes, I wonder how long the 'church' will stay together.

Quote:The new ones always are! :thumbsup:

He's like a loud drunk at the opera, he won't be around long.

Quote:Now that the old man is polishing Beelzebub's shoes, I wonder how long the 'church' will stay together.

Let's hope not for long!!

is this the part where the board elder-statesmen join in holy unison to attempt to mock and/or jettison the new guy?

Quote:is this the part where the board elder-statesmen join in holy unison to attempt to mock and/or jettison the new guy?

Not until you provide more entertainment.  Dance for us, rocdee, DANCE.

Quote:Westboro are a bunch of clowns. I don't even acknowledge them as legitimate. They are like a traveling circus. 

Both sides do it.  Listen to Rush Limbaugh.  His M.O. is to take the stupidest thing said or done yesterday, by anyone on the left of the political spectrum, and say "You see, this is how liberals think."  Then if you go to the Huffington Post, the exact same thing in the opposite direction.   It's nothing but demonization for profit.  And the reason they do it, TMD, beyond the money they make, is so you can be more easily herded like the rest of the sheep.  If they can get you to have a default political position, "liberals [or conservatives] are stupid  and evil so I will automatically reject anything they say," it makes you easier to control.  

There's a lot of money to be made doing it.  Some people are paid to do it, and other people are paying them.  Follow the money. 

Quote:My only question about this is: Why is Political discussion suddenly okay, but not Religious discussion?

A few years ago I posted a thread about a Ron Paul supporter being censored live on CNN during the Republican Primaries and got a warning for it. Do the new regulations on the board mean that I can now feel free to post any, and all political topics/issues? Or only threads that are deemed "Politically Correct" are allowed to be posted?

Again, the hypocrisy of the mods and admins on this board never ceases to amaze me.

Religious discussions tend to melt down faster and with more vitriol than political threads.

Perhaps you should post a thread and see what happens before you start screaming about hypocrisy.

If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

Quote:Religious discussions tend to melt down faster and with more vitriol than political threads.

Perhaps you should post a thread and see what happens before you start screaming about hypocrisy.
I'm not talking about hypocrisy in posting a political thread, I'm talking about the hypocrisy of you mods after all these years of being sternly opposed to any, and all political discussion on this board, have suddenly, and without warning, done a complete turnaround. And now you allow political topics to be posted. After all these years, you all turned your backs on a ban about political discussion on this board and now are in support of it.

You went back on your moral standards, and that by definition, is hypocrisy. 

And now you're trying to claim that Religious discussion is somehow more volatile than political discussion. Rollerjag, have you forgotten about the Trayvon Martin, Nathan B. Forest, and Duck Dynasty threads? Those threads got out of a hand more quickly than a game against the Brazilian National Football Team.

There's a lot more to this decision to allow political topics than what you guys are telling us.

Quote:Religious discussions tend to melt down faster and with more vitriol than political threads.

Really?....I'd have thought they'd have been about pretty equal. JMO. 

Quote:I'm not talking about hypocrisy in posting a political thread, I'm talking about the hypocrisy of you mods after all these years of being sternly opposed to any, and all political discussion on this board, have suddenly, and without warning, done a complete turnaround. And now you allow political topics to be posted. After all these years, you all turned your backs on a ban about political discussion on this board and now are in support of it.

And now you're trying to claim that Religious discussion is somehow more volatile than political discussion. Rollerjag, have you forgotten about the Trayvon Martin, Nathan B. Forest, and Duck Dynasty threads? Those threads got out of a hand more quickly than a game against the Brazilian National Football Team.

There's a lot more to this decision to allow political topics than what you guys are telling us.

The mods just follow the rules laid out before them. Politics weren't allowed by the people that own the board, and now they are. I don't see how it's hypocritical for them to follow the rules that we all agreed to when we signed up for the web site.

Quote:I'm not talking about hypocrisy in posting a political thread, I'm talking about the hypocrisy of you mods after all these years of being sternly opposed to any, and all political discussion on this board, have suddenly, and without warning, done a complete turnaround. And now you allow political topics to be posted. After all these years, you all turned your backs on a ban about political discussion on this board and now are in support of it.

Or,, you could just not come in this thread and complain about it. That way you don't have to see it, and not worry about what people are posting in it.

I, for one, like it. And, as long as it doesn't get too out of hand for me, I'll continue to read/post in it.

Just because you don't like it, why must you try to ruin it for those of us that do,, by trying to get the mods to "not turn their back on the ban?". Not sure it's any of their decisions anyway.

Just ignore this thread please.

I don't think you understand the definition of hypocrisy..

Moderators did not ban political and religious discussion, the administrators from the previous regime did. I don't know if you've been paying attention, but ownership changed, and after awhile, so did the administrators.

But if you want to think there's some ulterior motive, go ahead. I won't try to convince you any more than what I have already.

If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

Quote:I don't think you understand the definition of hypocrisy..

Moderators did not ban political and religious discussion, the administrators from the previous regime did. I don't know if you've been paying attention, but ownership changed, and after awhile, so did the administrators.

But if you want to think there's some ulterior motive, go ahead. I won't try to convince you any more than what I have already.

ON top of that, changing a point of view or a policy is not hypocrisy.