Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Politics are ok?

Quote:I agree! Get rid of party labels and stuff might start getting done!

If you look back at past national elections there was sometimes four parties running, it's ridiculous they basically give us two options every four years.

[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I voted for Pedro.

Quote:If you look back at past national elections there was sometimes four parties running, it's ridiculous they basically give us two options every four years.
There are always more than two options. Realistic and viable, maybe not, but there is always more than two options.

What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

Quote:I voted for Pedro.

Did all of your wildest dreams come true?

I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

I always vote Corn! Banana

What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

Quote:Did all of your wildest dreams come true?

I don't know.  I haven't woke up yet.

Quote:There are always more than two options. Realistic and viable, maybe not, but there is always more than two options.

Only the two major parties are allowed to participate in the national debates. The media coverage plays a big role in getting the candidates messages out.  

Quote:I always vote Corn! Banana

Blank #2 hater!

Quote:Blank #2 hater!
Commie pig! Tongue

Quote:Only the two major parties are allowed to participate in the national debates. The media coverage plays a big role in getting the candidates messages out.  
You still have more than two options when you vote though. That's what you said. You said you had only two choices, which isn't true. It's not, but it is. I know where you're coming from.

Quote:Only the two major parties are allowed to participate in the national debates. The media coverage plays a big role in getting the candidates messages out.  

I know, it drives me crazy.  Also, my blood pressure goes through the roof when people say "I don't want to vote for 'candidate X' because I don't think they'll win and I don't wanna waste my vote".  I always say it's not wasting your vote if you vote for the candidate you believe in.  Voting for the person you think will win is why we're stuck with the asinine two party system.

Quote:I know, it drives me crazy.  Also, my blood pressure goes through the roof when people say "I don't want to vote for 'candidate X' because I don't think he'll win and I don't wanna waste my vote".  I always say it's not wasting your vote if you vote for the candidate you believe in.  Voting for the guy you think will win is why we're stuck with the asinine two party system.

Yup it's why I advocate voting for the third party to people. It's not going to WIN the elections but until we get 3% of the population to vote for a third party you'll always be stuck with the two same bad options. Have to be in the game before you can win the game and right now if you don't have an R or a D next to your name you ain't playing the game. 

AND I'll plug this guy for governor, he's also for legalizing marijuana just sayin  :whistling:

http://wyllieforgovernor.com/

but look him up on most issues I really like this guy, sure there's a few I disagree with but damn he's gotta be a better option then the other two knuckle heads. 

Quote:Yup it's why I advocate voting for the third party to people. It's not going to WIN the elections but until we get 3% of the population to vote for a third party you'll always be stuck with the two same bad options. Have to be in the game before you can win the game and right now if you don't have an R or a D next to your name you ain't playing the game. 

Agree, I personally haven't voted for a major party candidate since '92.  I have friends that say I'm wasting my vote but I'll stick to my convictions hoping the country will wake up someday.

(This post was last modified: 07-22-2014, 10:00 PM by Dakota.)

I'm sure this comes as no surprise to anyone, but I'm a staunch conservative. That said however, I have equal contempt for just about all politicians these days. I feel I have a good reason for it. Politicians have forgotten the meaning of the term public servant. That's what they are supposed to be, and with rare exception, none of them act like it at all.

During the infancy of this country, politicians were elected volunteers, who did it as a service to their communities. They still held other jobs, which was the source of their livelihood. They were, "of the people, and for the people." This is no longer the case. Most senators and congressmen are all millionaires and have no sense of what their constituents want and how they live their lives. Worse yet, I have serious doubts that many even care. 

I would love to see the current system of government abolished, not in it's structure, but in it's practice. I would love to see politicians be public servants and volunteers again who do it because they want to make life better for those whom they serve.

That is my simple and humble wish.

Quote:Agree, I personally haven't voted for a major party candidate since '92.  I have friends that say I'm wasting my vote but I'll stick to my convictions hoping the country will wake up someday.

Well sir you've been awake much longer than I. I was stuck in the GOP cycle until 2008 when I realized how bad Bush was on so many different levels. 

As has already been said keep it to the sideline area.  Most all on here a grown ups and we would expect all to act as such.  There are a lot of topics that even have to do with the NFL that have political implications such as taxpayer money for stadiums etc.

I will also say be respectful of everyone's opinion though it may not be your own it doesn't make it wrong or right.  There will be short leash for name calling etc.

<!-- isHtml:1 --><!-- isHtml:1 -->;

;

Quote:As has already been said keep it to the sideline area.  Most all on here a grown ups and we would expect all to act as such.  There are a lot of topics that even have to do with the NFL that have political implications such as taxpayer money for stadiums etc.

I will also say be respectful of everyone's opinion though it may not be your own it doesn't make it wrong or right.  There will be short leash for name calling etc.

of course, I'm going to work hard to keep the topics civil I love talking politics and completely disagree with people that say it changes nothing. 

My views > everyone elses

/thread I win 

I am Pedro!! Shhh...don't tell!!!
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???