Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Tony Dungy would not have drafted Michael Sam

Quote:His logic is perfectly fine.  Unfortunately, it's not in synch with the politically correct mindset that permeates the media these days.  There will be backlash from the same thugs who attack anyone who doesn't promote a pro gay viewpoint.  People aren't' entitled to their opinions on the subject.  If they dare to express something that is even remotely out of the sheep think of the mainstream media, he'll be unfairly labeled a bigot or homophobe.  The very circus he would have been trying to avoid as a coach will eat him alive now.

Well people are allowed their opinions and to express them......as long as it is in line with the movement. 

If not? Pitchforks and torches.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Reminds me of 2003 when nobody was allowed to oppose the Iraq War. The Baseball Hall of Fame cancelled a celebration of Bull Duham because of it. That was because of the PC Police, right? Thought police?

Say what???

I don't recall Hollywood having any issues speaking their mind (against) the Iraq war. 

Quote:Say what???

I don't recall Hollywood having any issues speaking their mind (against) the Iraq war. 

The Baseball Hall of Fame cancelled an event celebrating the 15th anniversary of Bull Durham because of Tim Robbins' stance on the war in Iraq.

Thought police. PC police.

Quote:The Baseball Hall of Fame cancelled an event celebrating the 15th anniversary of Bull Durham because of Tim Robbins' stance on the war in Iraq.

Thought police. PC police.

You said "nobody" was allowed to oppose the Iraq war in 2003. I provided evidence suggesting the contrary. 

i would not hire Tony Dungy. Never trust a man that doesn't cuss or yell. :yes:

Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

^^^ and now this thread gets interesting...
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

While the rule against political discussion has been dropped, the rule against religious discussion still applies. Please keep that in mind.

If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

Quote:^^^ and now this thread gets interesting...

Not so much.

- Bob Marley

Quote:While the rule against political discussion has been dropped, the rule against religious discussion still applies. Please keep that in mind.

Which is why a Dungy thread does not get as interesting (or feisty) as it could get.

Quote:While the rule against political discussion has been dropped, the rule against religious discussion still applies. Please keep that in mind.

WHAT!!!! We can do Politics!!!! Oh man I'm never leaving the sideline!

[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

(This post was last modified: 07-22-2014, 09:02 PM by rollerjag.)

Quote:WHAT!!!! We can do Politics!!!! Oh man I'm never leaving the sideline!

Have fun, just remember to be respectful of others. The lack thereof is what got political discussion banned. I know this, as I was one of the worst offenders.

- Bob Marley

Quote:Have fun, just remember to be respectful of others. The lack thereof is what got political discussion banned. I know this, as I was one of the worst offenders.

you make me so happy right now rollerjag and I already know me and you will have plenty of fun getting into it! 

[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

Interesting thread. Some good points - and some of the usual over the top hyperbole by TMD and FBT (what is about three letter user names that cause some to get all drama-queenish?) FBT throwing around the word "thugs" and seeing a media conspiracy under every bed and TMD feeling under attack by ... practically everyone.

I don't think most commentators have a problem with Dungy's reasoning. They are just disappointed that he fails to see the irony. As someone who has been upfront with the issues faced by black coaches, he seems insensitive to the idea that his reasoning could have been used (and was, often) to prevent black coaches, or those who desired to be coaches, from getting a shot. Which lead to the Rooney Rule. 

I think there is just general disappointment that Dungy wouldn't have had the strength of mind to see that putting up with all the "distractions" (and exactly what are they that are so terrible, by the way?) would have been worth it. Not a great example to set.

The sun's not yellow, it's chicken.

Quote:You said "nobody" was allowed to oppose the Iraq war in 2003. I provided evidence suggesting the contrary. 

He might know the definition of "freedom of speech", but he sure doesn't know the definition of "nobody" lol.

Ha!!!! I was right!! I caught this before anyone! See my thread on the sideline about this!

Quote:Ha!!!! I was right!! I caught this before anyone! See my thread on the sideline about this!

You are so fist pumping in your crummy New Jersey apartment right now. I know it.

Quote:Why shouldn't he be allowed an opinion? 

He's not demanding everyone agree with his opinion. 

Don't worry I get it... tolerant until someone says something that goes against the movement. 

Whats funny is not one person has said he's not "allowed an opinion". Nobody is taking away his freedom of speech.

Quote:...

I don't think most commentators have a problem with Dungy's reasoning. They are just disappointed that he fails to see the irony. As someone who has been upfront with the issues faced by black coaches, he seems insensitive to the idea that his reasoning could have been used (and was, often) to prevent black coaches, or those who desired to be coaches, from getting a shot. Which lead to the Rooney Rule.

Bingo.
I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

My daughter is a very tolerant person and she calls the media method the Homoschedule.  They have it all plotted out for us and we just need to follow along.

Irony to me is Tony commenting at all.  Why comment on a marginal player?  I don't understand the Rams boxing themselves into a corner with the selection.  Could they really cut him?  I really want all of this out of sports.

The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

Quote:You said "nobody" was allowed to oppose the Iraq war in 2003. I provided evidence suggesting the contrary. 

Quote:He might know the definition of "freedom of speech", but he sure doesn't know the definition of "nobody" lol.

Not surprisingly, you both failed to see the irony in my post.

It's only the "thought police" or the "PC police" on the prowl when it involves something you are against.

Did any of you cry out "thought police", "PC Police", thugs or mafia when the Dixie Chicks got skewered a decade ago for having a political opinion? Probably not.

Because you didn't agree with them.

Phrases like that get cried out when it's something you do not agree with. It's hyprocritical and it's the new American way.