Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Predictions

(This post was last modified: 07-21-2014, 01:26 PM by Bullseye.)

Since the first training camps have begun, and the Jaguars rookies report today, I figured why not start a thread getting the NFL predictions from posters on here.

I know many of my picks will be spectacularly wrong, but here goes...

AFC East

1.  New England

2.  Buffalo

3.  New York Jets

4.  Miami

Look out for Buffalo.  Even though they lost a couple of key guys from their defense, their offense can be dangerous.  Lots and lots of speed on that side of the ball for them.  I can see them getting a wild card spot this year.

AFC North

1.  Cincinnati

2.  Baltimore

3.  Pittsburgh

4.  Cleveland

The one concern I have about this pick is that Cincinnati lost both of their coordinators.  Pittsburgh continues their decline, and JF won't help Cleveland.

AFC South

1.  Indianapolis

2.  Houston

3.  Jacksonville

4. Tennessee

Bottom line:  As of now, Indy is the best at QB, so they will likely win the division, but they are far from a complete team.  Houston is still loaded with talent and should have something of a bounce back season.  I believe Jacksonville has had the best draft they have had in a long time and the best draft in the division, and it helps they are a year into Bradley's schemes.  Tennessee has very good coaching with Whisenhunt and Horton, but they are in the first year transitioning to a 3-4.

AFC West

1.  Denver

2.  Kansas City

3.  San Diego

4.  Oakland

It would not surprise me to see Denver fall from this spot.  Believe it or not, I think Manning's arm is pretty much shot, and it was reflected in how Seattle defended them in the Super Bowl.

NFC East

1.  Philadelphia

2.  Washington

3.  Dallas

4.  New York Giants

The Eagles are in year two of Chip Kelly's program and Foles has a full year starting under his belt.  I think them cutting DeSean Jackson was a mistake, but they are the class of this division.  While Washington has new coaching, they have more schematic continuity than you might otherwise expect with a new coach.  By most accounts, Gruden's approach to offense is similar to Shanahan's, while Haslett remains defensive coordinator.  Plus, RGIII is another year removed from the ACL injury.  Dallas still has no defense, and the Giants are about as close to being in full rebuild mode as you can get with a Super Bowl winning QB.

NFC North

1.  Green Bay

2.  Chicago

3.  Detroit

4.  Minnesota

As long as Aaron Rodgers is healthy, Green Bay is the choice here.  I want to see their pass rush with Peppers as an OLB in a 3-4 opposite Matthews.  That said, Chicago is formidable offensively.  They have two big receivers, a good RB in Matt Forte, a solid QB in Cutler, and an improving OL.  Defense is their question.  Detroit has the edge over Minnesota due to QB, while Minnesota has drafted decently of late, and I think Zimmer will be an outstanding coach.

NFC South

1.  New Orleans

2.  Atlanta

3.  Carolina

4.  Tampa

I think while Brees is getting up in age, he has enough around him on both sides of the ball to win this merry go round of a division this year.  Atlanta could bounce back having stabilized their OL with Matthews protecting Matt Ryan, but switching to a 3-4 can be tough.  Carolina has a nasty defense that can keep them competitive, but they lost too much offensively, IMO, to repeat as division champs.  Lovie Smith is a fine coach, but I question whether he can get enough out of the offense to succeed this year.

NFC West

1.  Seattle

2.  San Francisco

3.  Arizona

4.  St. Louis

I absolutely LOVE this division.  After years of being a complete joke, all four teams in this division can run the ball and play defense for days.  Seattle edges out SF because Wilson is a better passer than Kaepernick and SF will still feel the effects of losing Bowman.  Arizona just missed the playoffs last year and will likely make them this year.  St. Louis has a fantastic defensive line, athletic LBs and good young CBs.  The questions are on offense for them. 

Super Bowl Winner:  Seattle

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Predictions?...

PAIN!!!

s
;

;

Quote:Predictions?...

PAIN!!!
Well played, Mr. Lang.

Quote:Well played, Mr. Lang.

I couldn't help myself.  There was a Rocky marathon on this last Sunday.   

s
;

;

I agree with your predictions at this stage, Bullseye.

I expect them to shake up a little bit by mid September due to a few injuries at key spots  - as well as the annual surprise slumps by good players  - and surprise breakout performances by former nobodies.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:I agree with your predictions at this stage, Bullseye.

I expect them to shake up a little bit by mid September due to a few injuries at key spots  - as well as the annual surprise slumps by good players  - and surprise breakout performances by former nobodies.

Of course.

That's part of what makes football great.

Any predictions for impact rookies, MVPs, surprise players...guys who will slip...etc?

(This post was last modified: 07-23-2014, 05:10 PM by jagabc6893.)

I predict at least 6 more NFL prediction threads before the regular season starts.

No, seriously, you have Seattle winning the SB again, which I would probably agree with, but who will they be playing from the AFC?  So hard to say this year.  I don't see Denver repeating as AFC Champs.  Every team will defend them the way Seattle did.  Of course not every team has the players that Seattle has, so it won't always work.  Manning will probably be top 3, but won't have the year he had last season I don't think.  Plus their defense might be worse.

In the AFC, I say either New England (safe pick) or Indy (Cinderella story with Luck having a career year) play Seattle in SB 50. 

Offensive MVP:  QB Colin Kaepernick (has stellar season running and throwing until he plays Seattle in NFCCG, much like Manning  last year until SB) or Andrew Luck (if he has that CInderella year and leads Colts to SB).

Defensive MVP: LB  Luke Kechley  (would pick Richard Sherman, but nobody will throw his way)

Offensive ROY: WR Mike Evans (Josh McCown flourishes with the Triple Towers of Evans, V-Jack and TE A. Saf-Jenkins).

Defensive ROY:  DE J. Clowney (one good year, then he fades)