Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Sideline topics?

(This post was last modified: 07-16-2014, 08:56 PM by The Mad Dog.)

I was just looking at the Sideline header, where it says "discuss anything other than football - well almost anything (no religion please)"....

Has it always just said that? i.e. only "no religion" l I thought that it used to say "no political talk" as well...

....Thus, are political and social topics now allowed??

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:I was just looking at the Sideline header, where it says "discuss anything other than football - well almost anything (no religion please)"....

Has it always just said that? i.e. only "no religion" l I thought that it used to say "no political talk" as well...

....Thus, are political and social topics now allowed??

Go ahead, give it a try.   :whistling:

You're welcome to give it a shot.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Well, its kinda misleading if those topics are also not allowed. They should also be included where it says "no religion". 

It's a trap!!! Don't fall for it!!!
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

Quote:It's a trap!!! Don't fall for it!!!

Yeah, they would love it if I did, tho...

Quote:Yeah, they would love it if I did, tho...

It's entrapment!! You'd have a case!!!

(This post was last modified: 07-17-2014, 12:43 AM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:It's entrapment!! You'd have a case!!!

Thats right....and isn't there a lawyer that posts here??? lol.....nate I think? Laughing he good too....well seems it with his posting. haha

I think I'll just refrain, instead. 

Quote:Thats right....and isn't there a lawyer that posts here??? lol.....nate I think? Laughing he good too....well seems it with his posting. haha

I think I'll just refrain, instead.

I think it is Nate.

Quote:I think it is Nate.

The funny thing is....I pegged nate as a lawyer, quick. I remember telling him he must be a lawyer the way he spoke in his posts.....he never admitted it then, but I found out later that he indeed was a lawyer. TMDwin :teehee:  

Quote:The funny thing is....I pegged nate as a lawyer, quick. I remember telling him he must be a lawyer the way he spoke in his posts.....he never admitted it then, but I found out later that he indeed was a lawyer. TMDwin :teehee:

Don't throw your shoulder out patting yourself on the back!! Wink

Quote:Don't throw your shoulder out patting yourself on the back!! Wink

That sounds like something FBT might say....   -_-

Quote:That sounds like something FBT might say....   -_-

Well you were a little full of yourself in that one!! :woot:

(This post was last modified: 07-17-2014, 01:02 AM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:Well you were a little full of yourself in that one!! :woot:

naahhhhhhh, you're reading too much into it, it was light hearted. The "TMDwin" should have gave that away! along with the smiley :yes: 

Quote:naahhhhhhh, you're reading too much into it, it was light hearted. The "TMDwin" should have gave that away! along with the smiley :yes:

Okay! :thumbsup:

I think politics are too political.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Quote:The funny thing is....I pegged nate as a lawyer, quick. I remember telling him he must be a lawyer the way he spoke in his posts.....he never admitted it then, but I found out later that he indeed was a lawyer. TMDwin :teehee:

Enjoy your win.  2nd one of the month, if I'm not mistaken.

I believe Bullseye is also an attorney.  He sure builds his cases well here when he posts.

On topic:  I really enjoy the sideline when it is kept free of religion, politics, and football.  I'm missing all the cat-fancy talk, though.  We need JW back.

Quote:Enjoy your win.  2nd one of the month, if I'm not mistaken.

I believe Bullseye is also an attorney.  He sure builds his cases well here when he posts.

On topic:  I really enjoy the sideline when it is kept free of religion, politics, and football.  I'm missing all the cat-fancy talk, though.  We need JW back.

...You referring to my Soccer World Cup Pick 'em 1st place finish? B)

I didn't know that Bullseye was also an attorney. But agree, another smart poster. 

JagsWoman was gone for awhile, then came back for like 3 days, and now has been scarce again. 

Quote:Well you were a little full of yourself in that one!! :woot:
Just that one?  His best friend is any mirror he gazes into. 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

I enjoy it when the powers to be let us get close to the political line, but I'm a bit of a political junkie so I get why it's a forbidden topic here.

[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]