Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Marquise Lee signs via Ryan O

Via twitter

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Now what will I fret about?

Damn.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

You can worry about myself having consistent access to the internet. That's rather troublesome.

I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

Quote:You can worry about myself having consistent access to the internet. That's rather troublesome.

Noooooooooo!!!!
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 07-16-2014, 03:22 PM by Bullseye.)

http://www.jaguars.com/news/article-Jagu...43b2689e6b

Apologies.  Did not see other thread.

Mods please delete.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Quote:You can worry about myself having consistent access to the internet. That's rather troublesome.
So once again, you failed to reach full consistency?

And you actually took a vacation?!?

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Look man, consistency is key. The quarterback must go down and he must go down hard.

You're just failing to execute at this point, and you have to get better.

THERE IS A SKELETON INSIDE OF YOU.

RIGHT NOW. THIS IS NOT A JOKE.

Quote:Look man, consistency is key. The quarterback must go down and he must go down hard.

Keep choppin wood ya'll.

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Quote:So once again, you failed to reach full consistency?

And you actually took a vacation?!?

I just needed a little "recharge" break so that I would have enough energy to achieve FULL CONSISTENCY and maintain my yelling throughout the entire practice. That shows coaches that I'm committed.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

Quote:Keep choppin wood ya'll.
Always get the big guys first.

Receivers are a dime a dozen.

BAP baby!!

Quote:Now what will I fret about?

Damn.

global warming

Quote:Always get the big guys first.

Receivers are a dime a dozen.

BAP baby!!

lol sure glad those days are over. Poor Chris Hanson.

So what exactly caused the hangup for the Jags/Lee deal? Any speculation?

Quote:So what exactly caused the hangup for the Jags/Lee deal? Any speculation?
Right or wrong I suspect the Lee camp felt they had to push for more than the slotting of the #39 pick. I think they felt he would have probably been a top ten pick in the 2013 draft if he came out before he got hurt this past year.

Thank God he signed. Now we can work on getting his name right.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Quote:Right or wrong I suspect the Lee camp felt they had to push for more than the slotting of the #39 pick. I think they felt he would have probably been a top ten pick in the 2013 draft if he came out before he got hurt this past year.

My understanding is that the new CBA is designed to prevent any bargaining over rookie contracts and ultimately prevent hold outs.  Unless there's a story out there that the contract was on the table for the past few weeks or months and Lee didn't sign for some reason, then I would assume the Jaguars didn't approach Lee until now.  Why would they wait?  Who knows, but my guess would be to see how the knee held up through OTAs and mini-camp. 

Quote:My understanding is that the new CBA is designed to prevent any bargaining over rookie contracts and ultimately prevent hold outs.  Unless there's a story out there that the contract was on the table for the past few weeks or months and Lee didn't sign for some reason, then I would assume the Jaguars didn't approach Lee until now.  Why would they wait?  Who knows, but my guess would be to see how the knee held up through OTAs and mini-camp. 
While it is true the total contract amount is slotted by the CBA, the timing of the payments (i.e. roster bonuses, offset languages, etc.) are open to negotiation.  IMO the team did not feel comfortable with some of those demands.

The team was not going to find out anything new about the knee anyway in the last 5 weeks due to the ankle injury in the rookie minicamp.

Quote:Thank God he signed. Now we can work on getting his name right.

Can't we just call him Mark?

I'm going to call him Mark.

Quote:Just to be different, Bortles.

Quote:Look man, consistency is key. The quarterback must go down and he must go down hard.

Not to be all goody goody here, but this serves as a backdrop as to why I'm so excited about Gus as the Head Coach. He doesn't do gimmicks or "buzzwords" to try and generate some false motivation. Jack felt the need to get a giant block of wood and an axe in order to keep the players focused. Gus seems to rely on his own innate ability to motivate people by encouraging and challenging them.

I really hope he goes far with us.

Quote:Not to be all goody goody here, but this serves as a backdrop as to why I'm so excited about Gus as the Head Coach. He doesn't do gimmicks or "buzzwords" to try and generate some false motivation. Jack felt the need to get a giant block of wood and an axe in order to keep the players focused. Gus seems to rely on his own innate ability to motivate people by encouraging and challenging them.

I really hope he goes far with us.

You're right, we never hear anything like "Compete" in every other sentence.

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato