Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Favorite music group/ artist?

It's been a while since I've posted here, but I wanted to get into an interesting topic which I don't see much on here too much , music. Whats your favorite genre, or group/artist? Right now my favorite artist is J DIlla (deceased) arguably the greatest hip hop producer of all time. The only person on here I would anticipate to know who J DIlla even is would be Tommy. But anyways, who's your favorite? and why?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

All time: Nas

Currently: Kendrick Lamar and TDE

Quote:It's been a while since I've posted here, but I wanted to get into an interesting topic which I don't see much on here too much , music. Whats your favorite genre, or group/artist? Right now my favorite artist is J DIlla (deceased) arguably the greatest hip hop producer of all time. The only person on here I would anticipate to know who J DIlla even is would be Tommy. But anyways, who's your favorite? and why?

This is funny. I was rocking Slum Village before young Thomas knew what a turntable was.

I always thought Common's Electric Circusis was a pretty underrated album produced by J Dilla.

J Dilla is a legend. He inspires and continues to inspire mostly the only hip hop I listen to (The Roots, Mos Def, Teebs, Flying Lotus, etc)

Warpaint is one of my favorite bands and I've been listening to them a ton lately, so here's a song by them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4EWiY9xXrug

Might not be the best song to get into their music, but whatever, I love it

Quote: 

Warpaint is one of my favorite bands and I've been listening to them a ton lately, so here's a song by them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4EWiY9xXrug

Might not be the best song to get into their music, but whatever, I love it

I like it. 

I can hear influences of Mazzy Star/ The Innocence Mission/ maybe even The Sundays in that song. I liked all 3 of those groups, too. 

Quote:I like it. 

I can hear influences of Mazzy Star/ The Innocence Mission/ maybe even The Sundays in that song. I liked all 3 of those groups, too. 
Awesome man. They also get compared to The Cocteau Twins and The Smiths since their on a label affiliated with them.

Here's a couple more for ya.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yhtip8sYtb0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FFKcKdbIM4s

Rush

still.

Quote:I like it. 

I hear more of a mix between the Sugarcubes and The Smiths.

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

As a child of the 70's, without a doubt Led Zepplin.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

I've listened to them since I was in the 8th grade.  Less Than Jake.

Still the best concerts.

^ First concert that I ever went to was Less Than Jake, at Orbit nightclub in Fort Myers.

Some great memories of seeing them and Hot Water Music in Gainesville as well.

Author of Big League City! 100 Years of Football in Jacksonville, with Foreword by Shad Khan

http://www.amazon.com/Big-League-City-Fo...0990342409

[Image: tOB3Eja.jpg]

Puddles Pity Party.

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Rap/hip hop: childish gambino

Rock: we came as Romans

Quote:I hear more of a mix between the Sugarcubes and The Smiths.

Thats a pretty good call. I definitely can hear elements of those 2 there. Dang....FBT....If I would have woken up tomorrow with my head sewn to the carpet, I wouldn't have been more surprised than I am now to hear you reference the above 2 bands!! Laughing 

Tough one here. I love everything.

All-Time: Metallica/Led Zeppelin/Ozzy Osbourne

Right Now: Nujabes/Royksopp/TPR/Zakk Wylde

I love everything though when it comes to music. I can easily go from listening to a song like "Battery" from Metallica to something more laidback like "Dazed And Confused" or "Since I've Been Loving You" by Led Zeppelin. Then probably add in some "Eple" by Royksopp and "Another Spoke In The Wheel" by Zakk Wylde and I am on a roll. Just depends on the mood. If I am reading, it's instrumentals from guys like Nujabes (RIP) or TPR. And If I am weight lifting I love listening to Metallica and Led Zeppelin. Bands like Pantera, Korn, Limp Bizkit, and Nonpoint also get thrown into that routine as well. Just grew up on it.

Another guy, Kid Rock. Grew up on him a bit.

[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

I am feeling really old...I have never even heard of most of these.

"History has demonstrated that the most notable winners usually encountered heartbreaking obstacles before they triumphed."
;
- B.C. Forbes

I'll give you one guess.

If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

Quote:Thats a pretty good call. I definitely can hear elements of those 2 there. Dang....FBT....If I would have woken up tomorrow with my head sewn to the carpet, I wouldn't have been more surprised than I am now to hear you reference the above 2 bands!! Laughing

My house has a pretty extensive music library. 

You could probably add the Cranberries to that comparison as well. 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Hanson Brothers.

TravC59, aka JacksJags. @TravC59 on Twitter
;
; "This is really good, you want a bite, Honey?"