Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Kernan Middle School teacher suspended for twerking.

Saw the story on Jacksonville.com, but now they wanna pimp people out by paying for online subscriptions.

Deadspin posted the article.

http://deadspin.com/florida-coach-suspen...1602665364

Whether someone has a liberal, or conservative viewpoint, a authoritative figure should not lock a thread for the sole purpose to get the last word in all the while prohibiting someone else from being able to respond.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I never understand why people make light on stories like this when it involves a female teacher with male students. 

Lets pretend the story was a male teacher/coach drinking at a party with female middle school students. He tells the girls to put their phones away and proceeds to give lap dances to a few students. He then drives one of the students home.

Is anybody laughing?

Quote:I never understand why people make light on stories like this when it involves a female teacher with male students.

Lets pretend the story was a male teacher/coach drinking at a party with female middle school students. He tells the girls to put their phones away and proceeds to give lap dances to a few students. He then drives one of the students home.

Is anybody laughing?

Who was making light on the situation?
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Quote:Who was making light on the situation?

Did you click the Deadspin link?

(This post was last modified: 07-10-2014, 11:27 AM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:I never understand why people make light on stories like this when it involves a female teacher with male students. 

Is anybody laughing?

I totally think you have a point there...there indeed is a sort of double standard - 

but sheesh, as a male high school student, I remember having the fantasy of getting with one of my hot female teachers!!!!.....unfortunately....my school didn't really have any :teehee:

These are not even HS students. This is middle school, they are probably 12-13 years old. That is sick.

(This post was last modified: 07-10-2014, 12:37 PM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:These are not even HS students. This is middle school, they are probably 12-13 years old. That is sick.

Yeah, that also is a good point...were not talking high school level (juniors/ seniors almost adult) kids here. 

I am also a little surprised she was just suspended and not fired.

Quote:I am also a little surprised she was just suspended and not fired.

Me too. Maybe I shouldn't be....goes back to your original point. 

The superintendent said the only reason she wasn't fired is because parents were present at this party. 

Duval County public schools.  Ain't they great?

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

wait the parents where present while the teacher did this? oh boy.......

[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

Quote:Saw the story on Jacksonville.com, but now they wanna pimp people out by paying for online subscriptions.

Deadspin posted the article.

<a class="bbc_url" href='http://deadspin.com/florida-coach-suspended-for-twerking-on-soccer-players-1602665364'>http://deadspin.com/florida-coach-suspended-for-twerking-on-soccer-players-1602665364</a>

Here's the quote from Jacksonville.com

Quote:Spruill’s suspension came after an internal investigation into the allegations she was twerking, which is a sexually provocative way of dancing, and that she showed students how to twerk at the soccer team party. The investigation included a cellphone video taken of Spruill receiving a lap dance from a student at the party. A mother whose home was the site of the party told investigators that Spruill brought a bottle of vodka as a house warming gift, but drank soda. The woman said she wouldn’t allow alcohol around her children.

The investigation concluded there was evidence to sustain the allegations of “the gross exercise of poor judgement” by Spruill, according to the documents.

"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

(This post was last modified: 07-10-2014, 05:56 PM by knarnn.)

Quote:wait the parents where present while the teacher did this? oh boy.......
Quote:A mother whose home was the site of the party told investigators that Spruill brought a bottle of vodka as a house warming gift, but drank soda. The woman said she wouldn’t allow alcohol around her children.

It sounds like it was a house warming/soccer party being held at that soccer moms' house.

Quote:I totally think you have a point there...there indeed is a sort of double standard - 

but sheesh, as a male high school student, I remember having the fantasy of getting with one of my hot female teachers!!!!.....unfortunately....my school didn't really have any :teehee:

When I was in high school, the Junior class president was having an affair with my female English teacher that lasted 4 years after he graduated from high school. Myself and a few other of his friends knew about it. I'd even give him a ride to school some mornings from her apartment. The thing that got me was he was considered to be a good looking guy, even had several good looking girlfriends as fronts, but the teacher was very average.

At least 3 girls in my graduating class married teachers the summer after we graduated. I don't think for a moment those romances were just a few weeks old.

If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

Quote:When I was in high school, the Junior class president was having an affair with my female English teacher that lasted 4 years after he graduated from high school. Myself and a few other of his friends knew about it. I'd even give him a ride to school some mornings from her apartment. The thing that got me was he was considered to be a good looking guy, even had several good looking girlfriends as fronts, but the teacher was very average.

At least 3 girls in my graduating class married teachers the summer after we graduated. I don't think for a moment those romances were just a few weeks old.

English teacher eh? I guess she helped him straighten out his Longfellow, huh? Laughing 

What she lacked in looks I guess she made up with experience, which when you're young and inexperienced can be an allure. 

Quote:When I was in high school, the Junior class president was having an affair with my female English teacher that lasted 4 years after he graduated from high school. Myself and a few other of his friends knew about it. I'd even give him a ride to school some mornings from her apartment. The thing that got me was he was considered to be a good looking guy, even had several good looking girlfriends as fronts, but the teacher was very average.

The same thing happened when I was in high school! It was the popular guy in school and the English teacher too. And my Life Management teacher married a student the summer after graduation too. Of course this was also the guy that told us all that the best sexual experience of ours lives would happen on cocaine. :blink:
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

(This post was last modified: 07-11-2014, 10:27 AM by badger.)

Is anybody laughing?

edit: nvm

I commented before reading the story.  This was way out of line.  However, I think men are more predatory by nature.  You still have to watch them more closely than women.  With that said, this teacher should be fired and cant be trusted around students.

(This post was last modified: 07-11-2014, 10:29 AM by JagsFan1.)

Quote:I think there is a difference between female and male teachers and how they should interact with students. Men are predatory by nature, so you have to watch them more closely. Women are just wired differently.

Yes, there are times when female teachers have affairs with male students, but it just seems different than a male teacher with a young female student.
Yes to the second part..not that I condone it. It's just the way society is and the way it will always be IMO.

Quote:Yes to the second part..not that I condone it. It's just the way society is and the way it will always be IMO.

If you reverse the roles, it is MORE inappropriate IMO.  Neither are acceptable, but women are just wired differently.  Men should be held to higher standards and boundaries than women due to their predatory nature.

Quote:If you reverse the roles, it is MORE inappropriate IMO.  Neither are acceptable, but women are just wired differently.  Men should be held to higher standards and boundaries than women due to their predatory nature.

It's 2014...I've seen some pretty predatory females!!
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???