Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Kernan Middle School teacher suspended for twerking.

Here's a link to the story from Huff and Puff.  Included is a video from a local news broadcast in which a parent is interviewed and says "..the focus should be on education, not on twerking".  At first I thought, awesome point, Captain Obvious, but after further consideration of the story, I guess it really can't go without saying.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/07/10...74239.html

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Besides the fact of the perverseness of the situation with the boys being so young she should be fired for the fact that she is simply to stupid to be in a position to influence these children"s mind.

It begs the question of how can a college turn out someone that devoid of common sense and intelligence and the system to in turn deem that individual qualified to teach?

Home school your children people!!

Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

(This post was last modified: 07-11-2014, 10:46 AM by badger.)

Quote:It's 2014...I've seen some pretty predatory females!!

I agree, but it's still different.

(This post was last modified: 07-11-2014, 10:50 AM by badger.)

Quote:Besides the fact of the perverseness of the situation with the boys being so young she should be fired for the fact that she is simply to stupid to be in a position to influence these children"s mind.

It begs the question of how can a college turn out someone that devoid of common sense and intelligence and the system to in turn deem that individual qualified to teach?

Most BA/[BAD WORD REMOVED] degrees are jokes.  They don't really make you more qualified to do anything.

edit:  lol I guess I cant type the abbreviation for 'Bachelor of Science'

Quote:If you reverse the roles, it is MORE inappropriate IMO. Neither are acceptable, but women are just wired differently. Men should be held to higher standards and boundaries than women due to their predatory nature.

Wired differently? Wow.

Quote: 

Great - then we have some of the people that The Drifter introduces us to home schooling their kids.

Not a good idea. Some of the people I know of have no business schooling anyone.

The sun's not yellow, it's chicken.

Quote:Great - then we have some of the people that The Drifter introduces us to home schooling their kids.

Not a good idea. Some of the people I know of have no business schooling anyone.

You don't think somebody has the right to home school their own children?

Quote:Great - then we have some of the people that The Drifter introduces us to home schooling their kids.

Then take those folks kids and send them to The Kernan school of twerking. We do need burger flippers, ditch diggers and such as a society so public schools do serve a purpose. I just wish they would take less of my tax dollars to train them.

Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

So, if parents were present, why does the article say according to this child and that child. Why not just ask an adult what happened?

Quote:Then take those folks kids and send them to The Kernan school of twerking. We do need burger flippers, ditch diggers and such as a society so public schools do serve a purpose. I just wish they would take less of my tax dollars to train them.
Pretty soon, those will be the only jobs left.  Better increase the work force now.

Quote:If you reverse the roles, it is MORE inappropriate IMO.  Neither are acceptable, but women are just wired differently.  Men should be held to higher standards and boundaries than women due to their predatory nature.

True.. I feel ya. The world is just wired that way. You see and hear about things happening just about everyday. Not to go off Topic but just take the Jay-Z/\Solonge thing for example of the bolded statement.

Quote:You don't think somebody has the right to home school their own children?

Jeez - that was tongue in cheek.

Yes, everyone has the "right" to home school their kids. Not everyone is qualified to do it.

I know it's become standard rhetoric to denigrate teachers and the school system but the thought of some of these yahoos "educating" children is a joke.

It's a lot harder than it looks.

The sun's not yellow, it's chicken.

Quote:Jeez - that was tongue in cheek.

Yes, everyone has the "right" to home school their kids. Not everyone is qualified to do it.

I know it's become standard rhetoric to denigrate teachers and the school system but the thought of some of these yahoos "educating" children is a joke.

It's a lot harder than it looks.

Holy crap, hell has frozen over. I agree with something Adam2012 said. 

Quote:Then take those folks kids and send them to The Kernan school of twerking. We do need burger flippers, ditch diggers and such as a society so public schools do serve a purpose. I just wish they would take less of my tax dollars to train them.

Whatcha tryin' to say about ditch diggers?

Quote:Holy crap, hell has frozen over. I agree with something Adam2012 said. 

I think the social interaction that schools provide to children is every bit as vital as the education.

Quote:I think the social interaction that schools provide to children is every bit as vital as the education.

Kids can get social interaction at places other than public schools

(This post was last modified: 07-11-2014, 03:20 PM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:I think the social interaction that schools provide to children is every bit as vital as the education.

Me too. I even think bullying has its virtues (as long as its not anything real bad). Some might disagree with that, but in the real world theres no authority thats going to stop a bully from bullying you so you have to know how to handle yourself in those situations. I learned quickly that the best way to deal with a bully is to pretty much punch 'em right in the mouth (so to speak). I might not ever have learned that the same way had I been out of the social interaction that the school setting gives.  

Quote:Me too. I even think bullying has its virtues (as long as its not anything real bad). Some might disagree with that, but in the real world theres no authority thats going to stop a bully from bullying you so you have to know how to handle yourself in those situations. I learned quickly that the best way to deal with a bully is to pretty much punch 'em right in the mouth (so to speak). I might not ever have learned that the same way had I been out of the social interaction that the school setting gives.  

Exactly. Bullying aside, you have to function in the real world sooner or later whether you like it or not.

Quote:Kids can get social interaction at places other than public schools

Kind of hard to do with mommy or daddy with them everywhere they go. Social interaction doesn't mean just hanging out with other people.
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

Quote:Me too. I even think bullying has its virtues (as long as its not anything real bad). Some might disagree with that, but in the real world theres no authority thats going to stop a bully from bullying you so you have to know how to handle yourself in those situations. I learned quickly that the best way to deal with a bully is to pretty much punch 'em right in the mouth (so to speak). I might not ever have learned that the same way had I been out of the social interaction that the school setting gives.

Conflict resolution is a very important skill to learn and that kind of thing doesn't happen when mom or dad are involved in every aspect of the child's life.
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???