Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Is Lee still unsigned?

Haven't any news about him.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Ye he's still unsigned.

[Image: 0KIO8ln.gif]

I'd assume he will be signed pretty soon.  There cannot be that many more draft picks left in the league that aren't signed.

Robinson signed a four year deal so at least we have one of our WRs, hopefully Lee signs soon.

(This post was last modified: 07-08-2014, 11:01 AM by Bullseye.)

Quote:I'd assume he will be signed pretty soon.  There cannot be that many more draft picks left in the league that aren't signed.
Last I heard, it was down to four, including Lee.

This is an article, Dated June 24, that has the number down to five.

http://www.tennessean.com/story/titansin.../11283371/

This one is dated June 30, and it shows four unsigned.

http://withthefirstpick.com/2014/06/30/n...014-class/

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(This post was last modified: 07-08-2014, 03:11 PM by DewtheMathis.)

Lee is the only one unsigned for the Jaguars as the article states, but I think he'll sign soon.

He's the only "drafted" Jaguar to not sign a deal yet. He should be signing soon though.

I really don't understand why Marqise Lee hasn't signed yet but I'm not worried yet. If he's still unsigned next week then it I'll start to wonder. Jaguars rookies report on July 21st and Lee needs too be there even more then Robinson.

why would he still be unsigned...what could they possibly be arguing over.

Quote:I really don't understand why Marqise Lee hasn't signed yet but I'm not worried yet. If he's still unsigned next week then it I'll start to wonder. Jaguars rookies report on July 21st and Lee needs too be there even more then Robinson.

Quote:why would he still be unsigned...what could they possibly be arguing over.

Most likely because everyone is on vacation.

That's a good point

I read an article after the draft where they were talking about what still needs to be negotiated with the contracts.  Everything from personal workout schedules, pay check breakdown (monthly, bi-monthly, etc.), and other things that aren't really talked about.  So I can understand still taking more time to sign your contract.  I understand the pay scale is slotted, but the contracts aren't cut and paste.  He'll be signed soon enough.

I guess he doesn't need his bonus money...     No reason to hold out for rookie draft choices these days because of slotting..  

Quote:  

Most likely because everyone is on vacation.

LOL .... that's funny.   Sorry, we couldn't get our players signed because the GM and Agent are on vacation in the height of signing period.   I'm not certain if your response was sarcastic or real.

Quote:LOL .... that's funny.   Sorry, we couldn't get our players signed because the GM and Agent are on vacation in the height of signing period.   I'm not certain if your response was sarcastic or real.
I don't think it's all that big of a deal because of the slot system. I think he was serious, and I don't think there is really a "signing period" as suggested. They do them when they do them. There's not a whole lot to negotiate, so I don't think agents or teams worry too much about it. Still a long way until TC starts, so no need to worry.

What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

Quote:LOL .... that's funny.   Sorry, we couldn't get our players signed because the GM and Agent are on vacation in the height of signing period.   I'm not certain if your response was sarcastic or real.

If they don't go on vacation now, what time of year should they go? It's not like they get most holidays off.

I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

I do believe that vacationing can play a role this time of year, but I think that these types of stragglers are being held up by an agent not wanting to concede to certain  clauses and stipulations. 

There are so many little clauses written in to protect a team (or player) in the event of injury, under-performance, early release, arrest, suspension etc. 

I think one or more of these is holding up the deal, and the team is likely just waiting on the agent to either fold or meet in the middle. 

Not worried about this until/ if it progressed past the opening of camp (which I doubt it will) 

Or maybe……because he is coming off a 2013 MCL sprain AND an ankle injury in OTAs…….maybe……

Quote:I don't think it's all that big of a deal because of the slot system. I think he was serious, and I don't think there is really a "signing period" as suggested. They do them when they do them. There's not a whole lot to negotiate, so I don't think agents or teams worry too much about it. Still a long way until TC starts, so no need to worry.

This.

Quote:If they don't go on vacation now, what time of year should they go? It's not like they get most holidays off.

This.

Quote:I do believe that vacationing can play a role this time of year, but I think that these types of stragglers are being held up by an agent not wanting to concede to certain  clauses and stipulations. 

There are so many little clauses written in to protect a team (or player) in the event of injury, under-performance, early release, arrest, suspension etc. 

I think one or more of these is holding up the deal, and the team is likely just waiting on the agent to either fold or meet in the middle. 

And this. I believe you're probably right NYC. They were haggling over some minutia, and couldn't get it hashed out before their vacation period arrived. I don't really understand the consternation over the whole thing.