Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
What is progress ?

I hope this one hasn't been asked before...

What represents acceptable progress this season ?

Playoffs ?

More wins than losses ?

8-8 ?

Two more wins than last season ?

Exactly the same record, but more competitive defeats ?

And is it acceptable if we don't make progress, bearing in mind all the players who need developing ?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

IMO Progress is a combo of a lot of what you said above.

1. We need to obtain some quality wins

2. We need to not get blown out in numerous games

3. We need to see some very real and tangible progress from our send year players and hopefully a rookie or two showing they can be "the man" at their spot

I seriously don't see play offs or even 8 - 8 in our future for this year...

Personally I see 4 - 6 wins with 6 being a best case scenario...but if get to 4 or 5 and a win or two is against a quality/play off bound team and we are not getting blown out in a majority of our games I will count this season as an improvement.

No blow outs when we play the quality opponents. 

I would be happy to see a few more wins but what I want to see most is towards the end of the season seeing the team really start to gel together and steal some wins no one thought they would get. 

<!-- isHtml:1 --><!-- isHtml:1 -->;

;

Duece nailed it.  Win at least as many games as last season and maybe one or two more with improved all around play; not getting blown out, keeping a majority of the games close.  Seeing a couple of the young players take a step forward as far as development.  

Sniffing .500 with a couple of quality wins would make me happy.  

Oh, and no annihilating blowouts. 

unfortunately it wont take much

3 and outs = solved ?

no blow outs

a couple more wins

scobee rides the pine while henne goes off !

any of these is progress

(feel free to add your own)

First 8 games losing tight games because of rookie mistakes, next 8 games winning tight games because rookies turned the corner and we become a nightmare to any borderline playoff teams
A good loser is a good loser

Sweep the Texans, Titans, and split with the Colts. Even 5-11 would be good if we did that.

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Public perception that we actually have good players on our roster is a key sign.

4-6 wins…being realistic or are we protecting ourselves by setting the bar too low.

Win-Win situation.  4 wins = “Yep, what I expected”.  7 wins = “over performed”.

I say forget all that nonsense.  We want wins.  This team should be at a minimum 2 wins better than last year.  Just 2.  That’s only 6 wins.

I expect a push at .500 this year.  We better with all the “2015 being the year” talk I hear on this site.

The progress started last season. The 2nd half was much better then the first. The games were more competitive, the wins were doubled. That course needs to stay the same and I think that would be the progress we as fans want to see. (And what the coaching staff, ownership etc want to see)

TravC59, aka JacksJags. @TravC59 on Twitter
;
; "This is really good, you want a bite, Honey?"

Quote:No blow outs when we play the quality opponents. 

I would be happy to see a few more wins but what I want to see most is towards the end of the season seeing the team really start to gel together and steal some wins no one thought they would get. 

^ This. 

In addition, I would say, you can just sort of tell the team is making progress because they play better.   If they pass the eyeball test and you can see a better team.  I'm not big into stats so much as I am into just looking at the team and saying, yes, they appear to be substantially better than last year and it looks like we have a plan that is working. 

Actually, it should be pretty easy to see, because almost anything would be better than last year. 

Quote:IMO Progress is a combo of a lot of what you said above.

1. We need to obtain some quality wins

2. We need to not get blown out in numerous games

3. We need to see some very real and tangible progress from our send year players and hopefully a rookie or two showing they can be "the man" at their spot

I seriously don't see play offs or even 8 - 8 in our future for this year...

Personally I see 4 - 6 wins with 6 being a best case scenario...but if get to 4 or 5 and a win or two is against a quality/play off bound team and we are not getting blown out in a majority of our games I will count this season as an improvement.
We need our future franchise QB to get some experince (Bortles) maybe not in week1 but sometime during this season he'll need to start.

Progress for me will be making games exciting enough so that I'm not getting blind drunk in the first quarter trying to make the pain go away.

1. More wins then last yr

2. Growth/big leaps from the younger players like Cyp, Gratz, Branch etc....

3. less blowouts

16-0. Offense scores 700 points. Defense allows 50 points.

And that still wouldn't be enough to some people.

In all seriousness though, I have a good feeling about this season. Progress will be made. How much is the question.

Quote:Sniffing .500 with a couple of quality wins would make me happy.  

Oh, and no annihilating blowouts. 

that's what I'm looking for, get close to .500 and no more blowouts.

[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

We'll know progress when we see it.

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

I'll stick with what I've been saying all along. 

6 or 7 wins and no big blowouts.

Anything better than that is icing and would speak very well for Caldwell/Bradley. IMO. 

I expect us to be middle of the pack.  I just hope to not see any more , "tank for x player."

[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]