Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
8 oz. Beer?

So my supervisor was tasked with getting some beer for one of the owners and a higher level manager for my company.  The beer was set to be put in a cooler and "smuggled in" to a trade show.  The request was for nothing fancy or exotic, just a 12 pack or so of Bud Light.  :yucky:

My supervisor is not a drinker at all, and went out and bought a "12 pack" of Bud Light as instructed.  He was proud of himself because it was "on sale" and got a 12 pack for around 6-7 dollars.

When we went to put them into the cooler, we saw that the "12 pack" was actually 12 8oz beers.  :woot:

Who in their right mind would serve just 8oz of beer if it wasn't a sample of some sort?

Needless to say, I had to make a run to the nearest convenience store to get a "real" 12 pack of "beer" (Bud Light)  :yucky: .

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:So my supervisor was tasked with getting some beer for one of the owners and a higher level manager for my company.  The beer was set to be put in a cooler and "smuggled in" to a trade show.  The request was for nothing fancy or exotic, just a 12 pack or so of Bud Light.  :yucky:

My supervisor is not a drinker at all, and went out and bought a "12 pack" of Bud Light as instructed.  He was proud of himself because it was "on sale" and got a 12 pack for around 6-7 dollars.

When we went to put them into the cooler, we saw that the "12 pack" was actually 12 8oz beers.  :woot:

Who in their right mind would serve just 8oz of beer if it wasn't a sample of some sort?

Needless to say, I had to make a run to the nearest convenience store to get a "real" 12 pack of "beer" (Bud Light)  :yucky: .

I cannot imagine the pathetic waste of time that is drinking an 8 oz. can of Bud Light.

I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

Quote:I cannot imagine the pathetic waste of time that is drinking an 8 oz. can of Bud Light.
What is this Bud Light of which you speak?
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Quote:What is this Bud Light of which you speak?

1. Go drink good beer

2. Wait

3. Relieve yourself when appropriate

4. Save by product of said relief

5. label the container "bud light"

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

while the 8 oz thing sucks, I'll enjoy my Miller Lite just as much as you enjoy your $9 bottle of IPO honey wheat, strawberry, sweatsock, lager, thank you....

I actually prefer 8oz beers as long as its a beer of my choice.

If it's Bud Light, then a tall boy is necessary at minimum. 34 degree max temp.

Quote:while the 8 oz thing sucks, I'll enjoy my Miller Lite just as much as you enjoy your $9 bottle of IPO honey wheat, strawberry, sweatsock, lager, thank you....

I think Miller Lite is a solid domestic. Miles above BL.

Quote:while the 8 oz thing sucks, I'll enjoy my Miller Lite just as much as you enjoy your $9 bottle of IPO honey wheat, strawberry, sweatsock, lager, thank you....

You can have as much of any beer with a last name of 'Lite' that you want.

I won't be having any. Nasty.

LOL.  I admit that yes, I am a "beer snob".  After drinking a few IPA's I can never go back to a "regular" American beer.  Miller Lite?  Sick  :yucky:   Seriously, it's (in my opinion) worse than a Bud Lite.

As far as my favorite beer, it has to be Young's Double Chocolate Stout.  I like dark beer and this one has very good flavor.  BTW, this runs about $9 or so for six, so it's really not that expensive.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Quote:I cannot imagine the pathetic waste of time that is drinking an 8 oz. can of Bud Light.

FTFY.

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

I don't mind the 8 oz beers in summer. They don't get warm and they don't get flat. They just don't last long enough. 12 or 16 oz beers sometimes leave you with that last sip or two that are pretty nasty. Warm, flat, and generally nasty. :yucky:

What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

Quote:I don't mind the 8 oz beers in summer. They don't get warm and they don't get flat. They just don't last long enough. 12 or 16 oz beers sometimes leave you with that last sip or two that are pretty nasty. Warm, flat, and generally nasty. :yucky:

Smart man.

(This post was last modified: 06-26-2014, 02:07 PM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:I don't mind the 8 oz beers in summer. They don't get warm and they don't get flat. They just don't last long enough. 12 or 16 oz beers sometimes leave you with that last sip or two that are pretty nasty. Warm, flat, and generally nasty. :yucky:

Yer drinkin em too slow :woot:

16 oz maybe,  20 oz yes, but I've never had that problem with the 12 oz. 

But agreement with warm, flat beer being generally nasty!!

Quote:LOL.  I admit that yes, I am a "beer snob".  After drinking a few IPA's I can never go back to a "regular" American beer.  Miller Lite?  Sick  :yucky:   Seriously, it's (in my opinion) worse than a Bud Lite.

As far as my favorite beer, it has to be Young's Double Chocolate Stout.  I like dark beer and this one has very good flavor.  BTW, this runs about $9 or so for six, so it's really not that expensive.

I love the heavy beers, but this IPA craze that is going around is just beyond me.

Quote:I love the heavy beers, but this IPA craze that is going around is just beyond me.

I couldn't agree more. Dang hipsters.

I feel like it's starting to turn a corner though.

Quote:I couldn't agree more. Dang hipsters.

I feel like it's starting to turn a corner though.
I've tried the IPA and they're tolerable, which is the best thing I can say about them.

I prefer an amber, but I will give any beer a taste.

Anybody ever been to a Flying Saucer Tavern?

Spend some time in Germany. It will forever change your idea of what really good beer is all about.

Quote:I've tried the IPA and they're tolerable, which is the best thing I can say about them.

I've been to two of them; one in Charlotte, one in Houston. I don't remember leaving either of them.

Quote:I've tried the IPA and they're tolerable, which is the best thing I can say about them.

Years ago, I'd have an IPA once in a while to have something different - but this was when the only IPA I could find was maybe a Greene King. Now, I just stay away from them altogether because they're just too hoppy for me and even if I'm in the mood for that I feel like most of them are just bad imitations of good IPA's - much like a lot of the domestic hefeweizens you see around.

I also like ambers a lot, Alaskan Amber being one of my faves.

I don't think we have FST's out here.

Quote:Spend some time in Germany. It will forever change your idea of what really good beer is all about.

:verymad:  :verymad:  :verymad:  :verymad:  :verymad:  :verymad:  :verymad:  :verymad:  :verymad:  :verymad: