Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
8 oz. Beer?

Quote:Spend some time in Germany. It will forever change your idea of what really good beer is all about.
must be nice to bum around Germany :p I wanna go

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

8oz Beers? we call them Ponies up here

Instead of a sign that says "Do Not Disturb" I need one that says "Already Disturbed Proceed With Caution."

They have something nutty like 200 beers on tap, all varieties, flavors, strengths.

The "Flying Saucer" part is after you drink your 100th different beer you get a big brass saucer on the wall with your name, date and whatever short goofy quote you want on it.  BTW, they only count three beers a night towards your 100...I'm sure for liability purposes.

It's an interesting place to hang out.  I like the one in Raleigh because the waitresses (and a good deal of the patrons) are college co-eds from UNC, Wake Forest, Duke nad NC State.  The saucers on the wall give you something amusing to read if you're out of town on business travel and in the bar by yourself.  I talk to my buddy from my fantasy baseball league last night and he's working on his 9th saucer.

My favorite quote that I've seen thus far:

"...and dad said I'd never amount to anything."

Flying Saucer

[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Quote: 

<div>They have something nutty like 200 beers on tap, all varieties, flavors, strengths.

The "Flying Saucer" part is after you drink your 100th different beer you get a big brass saucer on the wall with your name, date and whatever short goofy quote you want on it.  BTW, they only count three beers a night towards your 100...I'm sure for liability purposes.

It's an interesting place to hang out.  I like the one in Raleigh because the waitresses (and a good deal of the patrons) are college co-eds from UNC, Wake Forest, Duke nad NC State.  The saucers on the wall give you something amusing to read if you're out of town on business travel and in the bar by yourself.  I talk to my buddy from my fantasy baseball league last night and he's working on his 9th saucer.

Flying Saucer

</div>

Sounds cool. We have a few places kinda like that out here, minus the co-eds  <_<

Yardhouse is similar and really popular in Fresno.

Quote: 

<div>They have something nutty like 200 beers on tap, all varieties, flavors, strengths.

Flying Saucer

</div>

I have a great t-shirt from there.

"Kiss my girlfriend while I drink your beer."

"... she's going home with me anyway."

I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

8 oz?  I've seen those micro sized cans, and I wondered who was buying them.  They wouldn't be out there if there wasn't demand.  Still, is that just so someone can bolster their street cred by saying they drank a case of beer last night?   I can see if it was actually good beer that it's a way to lower the price point, but it's Bud Light.  C'mon!

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Bud light, miller, coors are just unacceptable beer.

(This post was last modified: 06-26-2014, 04:24 PM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:Bud light, miller, coors are just unacceptable beer.

Yeah man, I'd rather pay $5+ bucks per beer for something I'm just going to be [BAD WORD REMOVED] out in 20 minutes!! 

Miller Lite is good enough beer for me. 

Quote:Yeah man, I'd rather pay $5+ bucks per beer for something I'm just going to be [BAD WORD REMOVED] out in 20 minutes!!

Miller Lite is good enough beer for me.
I can drink miller if I'm drunk but other than that I just can't do it. give me a dos Equis or shiner bock and I'll be happy.

Quote:8 oz?  I've seen those micro sized cans, and I wondered who was buying them.  They wouldn't be out there if there wasn't demand.  Still, is that just so someone can bolster their street cred by saying they drank a case of beer last night?   I can see if it was actually good beer that it's a way to lower the price point, but it's Bud Light.  C'mon!

I thought it marketed to the women folk. For their coronaritas and such.

Quote:I thought it marketed to the women folk. For their coronaritas and such.

Yeah, it's got to be something like that.  It's the beer marketed to the ladies. 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

(This post was last modified: 06-26-2014, 05:06 PM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:I can drink miller if I'm drunk but other than that I just can't do it. give me a dos Equis or shiner bock and I'll be happy.

I've tried Dos Equis but not the other one....and I wasn't all that impressed to change from my Miller lite anyway. 

Drinking Dos Equis is all about paying for all the stupid advertisements that intend to sucker you into drinking it with that stupid most interesting man thing....and that guy's a cLoWn to begin with... "Stay thirsty my friends"....lol....yeah thats what ya want to do....tool. 

Quote:I've tried Dos Equis but not the other one....and I wasn't all that impressed to change from my Miller lite anyway.

Drinking Dos Equis is all about paying for all the stupid advertisements that intend to sucker you into drinking it with that stupid most interesting man thing....and that guy's a cLoWn to begin with... "Stay thirsty my friends"....lol....yeah thats what ya want to do....tool.
I just prefer the taste. Darker beers just taste better to me. Like it or not the marketing behind it does it's job.

The worstest, most awfullest, most hyped beer in the world is Fosters.  Australians must laugh at Americans for drinking it.  That stuff is pure kangaroo piss.

Quote:The worstest, most awfullest, most hyped beer in the world is Fosters.  Australians must laugh at Americans for drinking it.  That stuff is pure kangaroo [BAD WORD REMOVED].

BITE YOUR TONGUE! I happen to like an Oil Can of Fosters every now and then..............

Instead of a sign that says "Do Not Disturb" I need one that says "Already Disturbed Proceed With Caution."

8 oz. Is about 8 oz. Too short. I like the 16 oz aluminum bottles. They never get warm when I pour them in a frosty mug and chug it like a thirsty sponge.

Quote:8 oz. Is about 8 oz. Too short. I like the 16 oz aluminum bottles. They never get warm when I pour them in a frosty mug and chug it like a thirsty sponge.

xJAGGYx! Where have you been my man? Good to see you.

Those screw cap aluminum bottles definitely have their place. Being able to drop a beer without spilling it is underrated.

Quote:I just prefer the taste. Darker beers just taste better to me. Like it or not the marketing behind it does it's job.

Bingo. I've been a fan of the Dos Equis lager for years.

The amber, not so much, but the green bottle is good stuff.

I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

Quote:Bingo. I've been a fan of the Dos Equis lager for years.

The amber, not so much, but the green bottle is good stuff.
Your dum. The amber is good to.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

8 oz, 12 oz, 16 oz, 24 oz, light, dark, amber, I don't care because.........

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DcIJew-ePOQ

Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.