Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Ramsey has been the best CB in the NFL this past month...

Quote:Shut down is subjective. As I've said, he was giving up over 60% completions and over 100 passer rating when targeted the last I saw which was about week 10. It wasn't for a ton of yards or TDs, but it was a pretty good amount of targets and first downs allowed.

It wasn't to the level of where anyone would say he was getting picked on outside of the Jeffery 1st half, but it was enough that when he was targeted they were successful.
How many yards and how many targets vs completion was part of this 60% number you keep talking about.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Shut down is subjective. As I've said, he was giving up over 60% completions and over 100 passer rating when targeted the last I saw which was about week 10. It wasn't for a ton of yards or TDs, but it was a pretty good amount of targets and first downs allowed.

It wasn't to the level of where anyone would say he was getting picked on outside of the Jeffery 1st half, but it was enough that when he was targeted they were successful.

I'd call it a very successful first 10 weeks as a rookie CB without a pass rush.

Sure it might say the completion % is high and the rating is high but most of that other than Jeffrey is the harmless underneath routes that the "Seattle" scheme naturally gives up.

Quote:How many yards and how many targets vs completion was part of this 60% number you keep talking about.
I don't know exactly, but completion %, yards, and turnovers go into passer rating so for over 100 passer rating against it was reasonably substantial.

Quote:I'd call it a very successful first 10 weeks as a rookie CB without a pass rush.

Sure it might say the completion % is high and the rating is high but most of that other than Jeffrey is the harmless underneath routes that the "Seattle" scheme naturally gives up.
I agree, if people were couching the statement with "as a rookie without a pass rush" then it would be accurate because he has been good considering the circumstances. But people have been flat out saying he's been a #1 corner from jump street which removes those qualifications, but he has only been that for the last 5-6 weeks. 

Quote:I don't know exactly, but completion %, yards, and turnovers go into passer rating so for over 100 passer rating against it was reasonably substantial.
Simple question. Do you think Ramsey is good?

Quote:I don't know exactly, but completion %, yards, and turnovers go into passer rating so for over 100 passer rating against it was reasonably substantial.
Yards given up and how many times a corner is targeted is a more telling story. Like what was mention before if he was targeted 3 times allowing 2 completions and 15 yards throughout an entire game then he did his job. Especially if it's against the opposing teams #1.

Ramsey looked like a really, really talented rookie early on.  Crazy athletic, hyper-competitive and very smart with a big handful of classic rookie mistakes sprinkled in.  Despite giving up some catches here and there (often to very good receivers) he certainly looked every bit the part of a starting NFL CB. 

He's clearly begun eliminating the mistakes as well as stepping up the other aspects of his game.  He's comfortable enough in his closing speed to bait a QB now and that will be interesting to watch as he does in fact have questionable hands. 

I think he'll be a stud #1 corner for a long time.  It doesn't feel like a reach predicting that. It seems obvious from watching him play. 

I'd love to see Gareon Conley or a similar top prospect drafted to start opposite him. 

sidenote:  Johnson looked pretty good in the slot Sunday.

Quote:It's funny how someone says it's out of bounds to suggest Fowler is a bust before his "rookie season" that isn't actually his rookie season is over, yet saying you want to wait for Ramsey to string together a few games like his last two before putting him into the elite of the position already is also out of bounds. Especially since Ramsey's first half of the season was in fact below average.

Either we want to practice patience or we don't.

Are you honestly saying Ramsey's first half of the season was below average? If so, I really think you need to find a new hobby.
<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

Quote:Yards given up and how many times a corner is targeted is a more telling story. Like what was mention before if he was targeted 3 times allowing 2 completions and 15 yards throughout an entire game then he did his job. Especially if it's against the opposing teams #1.
That wouldn't be a good passer rating though.

Quote:Simple question. Do you think Ramsey is good?
Yep, he was my top player in the draft and I said all along he was going to be fantastic. He just wasn't there early on when people were saying he was. Which is perfectly reasonable for him to not be a top corner right away. 

Provide me the yards given up and attempts during this 60% # you keep talking about.

Lets find these first 10 week stats.

No Fun

Quote:If you're pushing the definition to the max, yes. 
This just sounds like something spoken from some other orifice than one's mouth.  

I mean - you know what the verb "define" means, right?  It doesn't really allow room for a sliding scale.

Are we really trying to spin "maximum definition" as something other than fantasy right now? 

Is there a "minimum definition" too?  Which one should we worry about? 

Quote:I agree, if people were couching the statement with "as a rookie without a pass rush" then it would be accurate because he has been good considering the circumstances. But people have been flat out saying he's been a #1 corner from jump street which removes those qualifications, but he has only been that for the last 5-6 weeks.

He's been a very good cornerback all season long. He's been elite against the run, QBs havn't been able to do anything against him other take those harmless underneath routes that the scheme naturally gives up. I think if you average the yards per game against him all season it be around 50ish if even.

After week 10 Ramsey was giving up a 102.4 passer rating against. That's not good, obviously.

Here is a passer rating tool for any of y'all to play around with if you want. Feel free to see about what he would have to give up between comp #, yards, and touchdowns to get a 102.4 passer rating against. And we know his comp % was right around 60%, so it would have to be about a 20 yard per catch average or a substantial amount of TDs...or a mix of the two obviously.

http://www.primecomputing.com/

Am I missing something? Other than the Chargers game, Alshon Jeffreys first half and a Sammy Watkins bomb. What QB or WR has had a successful game throwing or catching with Ramsey in coverage?

How many yards KY?

Yeah we need these stats

Attempts/completions and yards given up over the course of the season. Those are the stats we want.

Okay found some stats. According to PFF , in the first 3 games of the year Ramsey allowed 10 catches for 63 yards altogether. Its in this article by Danny Kelly.https://theringer.com/meet-jalen-ramsey-....to94zzx8q

So that's a start.