Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Ramsey has been the best CB in the NFL this past month...

Quote:When targeted? So if the QB looks the other way 59 times a game and targets Ramsey once for a completion - he'd give up 100% completions when targeted?

Is that how that stat works?
Don't try to use logic with him. Haha.
You either die as a good poster, or live long enough to become the troll.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 12-26-2016, 07:44 PM by JagsGooner.)

Quote:After week 10 Ramsey was giving up a 102.4 passer rating against. That's not good, obviously.

Here is a passer rating tool for any of y'all to play around with if you want. Feel free to see about what he would have to give up between comp #, yards, and touchdowns to get a 102.4 passer rating against. And we know his comp % was right around 60%, so it would have to be about a 20 yard per catch average or a substantial amount of TDs...or a mix of the two obviously.

<a class="bbc_url" href='http://www.primecomputing.com/'>http://www.primecomputing.com/</a>
Passing rating is another stat that can be manipulated by dinking and dunking.

Quote:That wouldn't be a good passer rating though.

Make it he targets him twice all game both completed for 20 total yards. That's 100% comp and a 108 rating.

But still pretty shut down numbers, especially depending on what receiver it's against.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Quote:Passing rating is another stat that can be manipulated by dinking and dunking.
Did you even read what you quoted? I said at ~60% comp rate it takes about a 20 yard catch average, which is obviously sky high, or a substantial amount of TDs given up to get to over a 100 passer rating.

If they were dinking and dunking on him as has been suggested then he was giving up a lot of touchdowns or the formula doesn't add up.

Quote:Make it he targets him twice all game both completed for 20 total yards. That's 100% comp and a 108 rating.

But still pretty shut down numbers, especially depending on what receiver it's against.

But we know the completion rate was right at 60%

Quote:But we know the completion rate was right at 60%

Average. 100% one game and 20% another averages to 60%

All I'm saying is that, while the numbers you're listing can show someone getting beat a lot, it can also be manipulated by small stuff or one big play.

He has still been the best DB on the team since week 1
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Quote:Average. 100% one game and 20% another averages to 60%

All I'm saying is that, while the numbers you're listing can show someone getting beat a lot, it can also be manipulated by small stuff or one big play.

He has still been the best DB on the team since week 1
Yes average, but if one is using 100% and small yardage to get to the average then the 20% that balances it out would have to be huge on the ypc or TDs to balance that side out, which we know he didn't have any of those disaster games either.

To support what you are trying to imply I think you would want to have the one big disaster blow up game that skews the rest of those 10 games that were very good. But that game didn't happen.

(This post was last modified: 12-26-2016, 10:29 PM by JagsGooner.)

And he's a rookie, not a 5th year vet. Let it sink in. We will wait.

I honestly can't believe this guy is justifying his nonsense using PFF numbers.  What an idiot

<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

Quote:I honestly can't believe this guy is justifying his nonsense using PFF numbers.  What an idiot
You think completion percentage and passer rating are PFF numbers? I would call you an even bigger idiot in return, but I don't need to resort to ad hominem to debate.

Quote:You think completion percentage and passer rating are PFF numbers? I would call you an even bigger idiot in return, but I don't need to resort to ad hominem to debate.

If I may interject here, I think the root problem people are having is the assumed tone you have in presenting these numbers.

Now, it may not be your intention and if so please correct me, but it reads to me like you're implying that opposing QBs are lighting Ramsey up and that simply hasn't happened in any game outside of one half against Chicago.

You might want to clarify/simplify what you're trying to say instead of letting us read into/make assumptions about your intent.
<i>Behold man's final mad disgrace.</i>

<i>He chops his nose to spite his face.</i>

-Etrigan the Demon

I don't know what the argument here is, but all I know is that Ramsey is a stud.
Shock the world

Quote:I honestly can't believe this guy is justifying his nonsense using PFF numbers.  What an idiot

It's almost like he hasn't even watched Ramsey play this year.

Season Ticket Holder - Sec 437

Quote:I don't know what the argument here is, but all I know is that Ramsey is a stud.

I'm not quite sure what it is either.

That the board collectively felt Ramsey was really good faster than statistics suggested?

Lol ok.

Quote:If I may interject here, I think the root problem people are having is the assumed tone you have in presenting these numbers.

Now, it may not be your intention and if so please correct me, but it reads to me like you're implying that opposing QBs are lighting Ramsey up and that simply hasn't happened in any game outside of one half against Chicago.

You might want to clarify/simplify what you're trying to say instead of letting us read into/make assumptions about your intent.

He's too insecure to admit Ramsey is good. This is him flailing.

Quote:Shut down is subjective. As I've said, he was giving up over 60% completions and over 100 passer rating when targeted the last I saw which was about week 10. It wasn't for a ton of yards or TDs, but it was a pretty good amount of targets and first downs allowed.

It wasn't to the level of where anyone would say he was getting picked on outside of the Jeffery 1st half, but it was enough that when he was targeted they were successful.

Oh yeah? How many?

I have eyes, which tell me all I need to know.

Best rookie we've had since Freddy.

Can I be 'recenter' and say since MJD?
Success is a journey, not a destination.  Go all out Mighty Jaguars.

He has been highly impressive.  Still eating crow. 

Bleeding Teal since 1995. The Icon Teal Time Radio aka ctjags

#Gojags

Quote:If I may interject here, I think the root problem people are having is the assumed tone you have in presenting these numbers.

He says that "Ramsey's first half of the season was in fact below average."

As myself and others have pointed out, that has not been the case.