Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Allen Hurns

Quote:Please explain to me the physics of how a guy who runs 4.55 in shorts suddenly runs 4.3 in full pads.

It's ok, not every "fast" guy has to run 4.3. If a guy can run 4.55 in shorts and stay at that speed in pads, he's pretty quick by NFL standards. That's why Antwaan Randle El and his 4.65 were considered "fast". He stayed at that speed, whereas full pads would make those smaller 4.4 corners into 4.7 guys.

De'Anthony Thomas ran 4.5 at the combine. Whenever he is on the field, he's 4.3.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XcwVBOipeaA

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Morris to Hurns = Touchdown

I ain't no monkey... I'm an ape. Banana

(This post was last modified: 06-23-2014, 12:58 PM by JAGANTIUS.)

Not to be to anal but as a Miami fan Stacy Coley (fresh) was by far UM best reciever

Quote:Morris to Hurns = Touchdown

For which team?

Quote:For which team?
The fourth team offense?

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Quote:Not to be to anal but as a Miami fan Stacy Coley (fresh) was by far UM best reciever
No.

he had dropsies in his first year.

he has the most talent by far, as i think he will be a 1st round pick, but Hurns was the best receiver easily last year.

Doss is a very good returner bro he can make plays. He showed that skill when he played for the Ravens.He wad their number 4 receiver for a couple years.I think he will be a surprise for you guys in T.C

Give the kid a year or two on the practice squad and he has the skills to develop into an NFL receiver.
Respect the game.  Play with a sense of urgency. 

1.)  Take care of the ball.  Win the turnover battle.

2.)  It's all about 3rd down.  Win on 3rd down to win the game.

3.) Playmakers make plays.  The only reason that you put your uniform on is to make plays. In order to EARN your paycheck, you must make plays.  

Quote:Morris to Hurns = Touchdown

Is this a future call from preseason week 4 in the 2nd half of that game?? B)

Quote:Like you've never exaggerated 2 inches !! :yes:
ha

Allen Hurns was a nice signing, but I don't think will see him on the field a lot this season.  He'll put in the work and make his way to playing next season.

Hurns, Doss, and Brown are fighting for the last WR spot in my mind. I don't think it will be Hurns.  I see him as a practice squad guy. 

For what it's worth, O'Hallaran thinks Hurns will make the final 53.

http://members.jacksonville.com/opinion/...man-roster

@OnGuardJax

Quote:Game speed and timed speed aren't the same thing. Some guys just have an extra gear when they're in pads and have a bunch of DBs chasing them. Just like some guys time well but don't play nearly as fast, a la Matt Jones
Sorry, but no one gets faster when they put 20 lbs. of pads on. The key is guys that the game doesn't slow down for. If you find a guy who runs as fast on the field, in pads, as he does on a track in shorts, you've found a special talent and a guy who, even if he isn't "fast" in the 40, can still present a threat to players who lose a couple tenths when dressed to play.

Quote:De'Anthony Thomas ran 4.5 at the combine. Whenever he is on the field, he's 4.3.
Some years back, there was a running back named Kevin Jones at the combine. He was expected to run a 4.4 or lower, and be a top ten pick. He flinched his hand before taking off, and it cost him two tenths of a second. Suddenly, he ran a 4.6 at the combine, and everyone questioned his speed. He fell to the late twenties where the Lions took him, and speed was never an issue for him during his brief career.

Not all good receivers need to be burners.  Jerry Rice and, closer to home, Keenan McCardell were not burners.  Hurns has enough speed on the field to be effective, whatever it is. 

This from last year before the season started.  Was watching the videos on jags.com and both Bortles and Olson praise Hurns and talk about what he means for this team.  I can see this guy having a big game Sun.  Would love for Lee, A Rob, and Hurns to all have a good game.

Quote:This from last year before the season started. Was watching the videos on jags.com and both Bortles and Olson praise Hurns and talk about what he means for this team. I can see this guy having a big game Sun. Would love for Lee, A Rob, and Hurns to all have a good game.

I doubt Lee plays. No surprise, the guy is made of fiber glass.

Quote:Best case scenario, he is on the practice squad this year.
Was that the best case scenario?

Hurns has been the most consistent WR, i could see him having a 1000 yard season if Robinson doesn't.

Light practice again this week, hope he is able to give it his all against the Colts!

This team needs this win, badly!