Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Kraftwerk

(This post was last modified: 06-19-2014, 11:06 AM by The Mad Dog.)

the pioneers of electronic music

Anyone else remember/ like them?

http://youtu.be/iBTixJUPYGU

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Don't remember them, but it does remind me of this classic!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_bP48M2BEs0

LEONARD FOURNETTE FAN CLUB PRESIDENT. I WAS BEHIND HIM WHEN YOU ALL SAID HE WAS BRANDON JACOBS. QUIT HATING ON THE JAGUARS. GUS IS GONE. COUGHLIN HAS RESTORED ORDER. FOURNETTE IS FRED TAYLOR. DONT BELIEVE ME JUST WATCH.

The Robots was the best song they ever put out, and that was borderline awful if not for the technology they were using in the late 70's to put it together.  It may have been cool then.  It's not now. 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

(This post was last modified: 06-19-2014, 12:46 PM by The Mad Dog.)

^^^ 

What Kraftwerk was doing in the 80's is the genesis of what became techno as well as other genres/ sub genres of music in the decades to come. 

They were vastly ahead of their time. 

That doesn't mean they were good. 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Quote:That doesn't mean they were good. 

But it's from the 80's.

"Were farhn, farhn, fahrn auf der autobahn" - I heard it in the 70's when my dad played a Kraftwerk album on his brand new Marantz hi-fi system, and it's been stuck in my head since. 

Kaishakunin for hire.

* (disclaimer) If you think I'm serious, hit yourself in the face w/ a hammer.

Quote:"Were farhn, farhn, fahrn auf der autobahn" - I heard it in the 70's when my dad played a Kraftwerk album on his brand new Marantz hi-fi system, and it's been stuck in my head since. 

I didn't like much of their 70's stuff as much. I liked them more so from the Computer World album onward. 

Quote:"Were farhn, farhn, fahrn auf der autobahn" - I heard it in the 70's when my dad played a Kraftwerk album on his brand new Marantz hi-fi system, and it's been stuck in my head since. 

Oh, we had a Marantz system as well.  Those old pieces can fetch a pretty handsome penny today if you can find them. 

Quote:But it's from the 80's.

Well, technically, they're from the 70's. 

There wasn't too much technical about the 70's...

NH3...
"AZANE"

Kraftwerk?

TMD, I seldom judge anyone according to their musical tastes, but I don't know if I can discuss music with you any longer and still keep a straight face.

Kraftwerk...

If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

the only kraftwerk song I ever heard was autobahn

thank god it doesn't stick in my head Sick

(This post was last modified: 06-19-2014, 06:39 PM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:Kraftwerk?

TMD, I seldom judge anyone according to their musical tastes, but I don't know if I can discuss music with you any longer and still keep a straight face.

Kraftwerk...

A couple things...

1. So, apparently, despite this often fair & just approach you try to pass off, you're just as judgmental as me and anyone else on here at least musically. 

2. You're acting above as if I said this was my all time favorite band or something. Its not, but I do like them especially the Computer World CD and after. It brings me back to when I was a kid. and yep I liked this as a kid and still do listen to some of it today. 

3, Say whatever you want, but Kraftwerk were very influential musically for decades after their peak popularity. (early 80's). As I stated, entire genres of music were born off of some of the stuff Kraftwerk was doing. 

Quote:A couple things...

1. So, apparently, despite this often fair & just approach you try to pass off, you're just as judgmental as me and anyone else on here at least musically. 

2. You're acting above as if I said this was my all time favorite band or something. Its not, but I do like them especially the Computer World CD and after. It brings me back to when I was a kid. and yep I liked this as a kid and still do listen to some of it today. 

3, Say whatever you want, but Kraftwerk were very influential musically for decades after their peak popularity. (early 80's). As I stated, entire genres of music were born off of some of the stuff Kraftwerk was doing. 

After listening to this Autobahn song, I can see it.

Quote:A couple things...

I'll reply when I can stop laughing, but this time because of the cute way your feathers ruffle.

If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

Quote:After listening to this Autobahn song, I can see it.

The autobahn song sucks. Thats early Kraftwerk stuff. Thats not what I was referring to as the more influential stuff, but you probably already knew that. 

http://youtu.be/bu55q_3YtOY

Quote:The autobahn song sucks. Thats early Kraftwerk stuff. Thats not what I was referring to as the more influential stuff, but you probably already knew that. 

Quote:The autobahn song sucks. Thats early Kraftwerk stuff. Thats not what I was referring to as the more influential stuff, but you probably already knew that. 

Autobahn was the song title I remembered from this thread when I had a chance to look the band up.

Quote:http://youtu.be/bu55q_3YtOY

Both songs sound pretty similar to me. Still, I can see some possible influence.

(This post was last modified: 06-19-2014, 08:23 PM by knarnn.)

[Media] http://youtu.be/EdubMwbOndo[/media]

Definitely an "unique" group of characters...

I think the funniest part was the empty room applause at 3:44.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."