Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
ProBowl year for SS John Cyprien

I expect Strong Safety John Cyprien will continue to improve this season, and with a little luck go to the Pro Bowl. 

His rookie stats were impressive;

104 Tackles, (87 solo), 1 Sack, 1 Interception (27 yards), 6 PD, and 2 forced fumbles!

The recent Free Agency Defensive End pickups from Seattle; Big Red Bryant and Chris Clemons might add more pressure on the QB allowing Cyprien to excel in performance combined with the training he is receiving in the off season.  I expect he will repeat and improve upon his performance of last season.

What are your thoughts?

-------------------------

Bottom Line

One of the hardest-hitting safeties in the 2013 draft class, Cyprien offers enough range to be reliable in box coverage while displaying an aggressive mentality againt ball carriers and receivers. He plays smart, and that might be the most improtant trait when looking at safeties. However, despite it being unique, Cyprien doesn't have a very well known name ... yet.

-NFL.com draft profile

http://youtu.be/5kGeHlPTH10 College Highlight video

--------------------

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Yikes....

horse - - - -- - - - - -- - ----  -- -- - -- ---- -  -- - - -- ---- -  --- -- - -- - -- -- -- - ---- ---- -- -- --- -- - -- --  --- --- -   -  ---  - - - - -- - cart

We'll see. He's a high floor, high ceiling guy in my book. 

THERE IS A SKELETON INSIDE OF YOU.

RIGHT NOW. THIS IS NOT A JOKE.

Quote:I expect Strong Safety John Cyprien will continue to improve this season, and with a little luck go to the Pro Bowl. 

His rookie stats were impressive;

104 Tackles, (87 solo), 1 Sack, 1 Interception (27 yards), 6 PD, and 2 forced fumbles!

The recent Free Agency Defensive End pickups from Seattle; Big Red Bryant and Chris Clemons might add more pressure on the QB allowing Cyprien to excel in performance combined with the training he is receiving in the off season.  I expect he will repeat and improve upon his performance of last season.

What are your thoughts?

-------------------------

Bottom Line

One of the hardest-hitting safeties in the 2013 draft class, Cyprien offers enough range to be reliable in box coverage while displaying an aggressive mentality againt ball carriers and receivers. He plays smart, and that might be the most improtant trait when looking at safeties. However, despite it being unique, Cyprien doesn't have a very well known name ... yet.

-NFL.com draft profile

http://youtu.be/5kGeHlPTH10 College Highlight video

--------------------

My thoughts is he's got great athletic ability and the right attitude for his position. (He likes to hit) He also continually did better at keeping his leverage and assignments as the season went on. If the pass rush in front of him plays well he'll do great.

He should be much improved and I expect him to play very well. Pro Bowl is a bit much though, as I don't think he will take a big enough step THIS YEAR (not hating) to be considered in the league of the TJ Ward, Eric Weddle, Eric Berry etc.

LEONARD FOURNETTE FAN CLUB PRESIDENT. I WAS BEHIND HIM WHEN YOU ALL SAID HE WAS BRANDON JACOBS. QUIT HATING ON THE JAGUARS. GUS IS GONE. COUGHLIN HAS RESTORED ORDER. FOURNETTE IS FRED TAYLOR. DONT BELIEVE ME JUST WATCH.

I doubt he'll make it unless his stats are undeniably great. Because the Jags aren't a very popular team aand he's not a very popular player outside of Jacksonville.

(This post was last modified: 06-19-2014, 12:47 PM by ObjectiveJag.)

[quote name="The Mad Dog" post="226755" timestamp="

horse - - - -- - - - - -- - ---- -- -- - -- ---- - -- - - -- ---- - --- -- - -- - -- -- -- - ---- ---- -- -- --- -- - -- -- --- --- - - --- - - - - -- - cart[/quote] I don't think he's putting the horse before the cart.. Id expect Cyprien to play at a high level and improve. I don't expect him in the pro bowl but I do think he'll improve all aspects of his game.

(This post was last modified: 06-19-2014, 03:03 PM by DewtheMathis.)

Quote:My thoughts is he's got great athletic ability and the right attitude for his position. (He likes to hit) He also continually did better at keeping his leverage and assignments as the season went on. If the pass rush in front of him plays well he'll do great.
<sup>“I think the more and more comfort level he has in playing the position that will just gradually take place,” Jaguars Head Coach Gus Bradley.</sup>

<sup>I feel the Free Agency pickups will improve the pass rush, and will allow him to improve.</sup>

<sup> </sup>

Quote:<sup>He should be much improved and I expect him to play very well. Pro Bowl is a bit much though, as I don't think he will take a big enough step THIS YEAR (not hating) to be considered in the league of the TJ Ward, Eric Weddle, Eric Berry etc.</sup>
<sup>I agree the competition is hard and with less slots available for that position, but I am very optimistic that even in a small market his skills will improve to the point that the whole world will notice this year.</sup>

<sup> </sup>

Quote:<sup>I doubt he'll make it unless his stats are undeniably great. Because the Jags aren't a very popular team aand he's not a very popular player outside of Jacksonville.</sup>
<sup>I have this tool koolaid telling me his stats will be way more impressive than last years, which was pretty good (especially for a rookie)!</sup>

<sup>“Gus preaches, ‘Never say you got it,’ and I’m going to treat it that way,” Cyprien said.</sup>

<sup>“Without taking those steps to become better for next year, it won’t happen,” Cyprien said during OTAs this year.</sup>

<sup>“Preseason accolades don’t mean anything until they’re accomplished,” Cyprien said. “There definitely are personal goals you want to shoot for, but overall, we’re just trying to get better, the Jaguars.” Cyprien said.</sup>

<sup>http://prod.www.jaguars.clubs.nfl.com/ne...799c7fe1de</sup>

<sup>--------------------------------------------</sup>

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/photos/due-...2014#img_4

Foxsports thinks Cyp might take off this year.

Huh

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/writer/pete...l-for-2015

Pete Prisco from CBS feels the same;

He defined a break out year as;

A player who hasn't been to the Pro Bowl who has a real chance to go in 2014.

Johnathan Cyprien, S, Jacksonville Jaguars -- If you are looking for the next big-hitting safety to break through, this guy is it. He struggled early last season as a rookie when he was learning and thinking, but he played at a high level as the season moved along.

--------------------------------------------

Cyprien on Facebook

https://www.facebook.com/CYPSQUAD

I think we need to settle down

Quote:I think we need to settle down

I guess the guys writing the articles need to simmer too?
Huh

Quote:I guess the guys writing the articles need to simmer too?

Prisco is basically a Jaguars fan

Quote:Prisco is basically a Jaguars fan

Maybe you should try it sometime.

Huh

A link on growing pains

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/20...n-cyprien/

Quote:Prisco is basically a Jaguars fan

This made me smile because for years people have called him a hater. Times change. ;-)
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

Quote:Maybe you should try it sometime.

lol Im not a fan because I don't think Cyprien makes the pro bowl?  Sorry, nothing about him screams perennial pro bowler to me.  Plus, this is Jacksonville.  Even our good players rarely get pro bowl consideration.

Probably the only way a Jaguar makes the Pro Bowl is to on offense with other-world stats.

Or, the Jaguars have an incredible year and someone does something spectacular on national tv.

The Pro Bowl has become a popularity contest (like all All-Star games, and there's probably nothing wrong with that. It's who the fans want to see.)

I think the Jaguars brand will need a few years of improvement before a defensive player like Cyprien can build up some credibility.

The sun's not yellow, it's chicken.

He could perform at a pro bowl level, but actually making the pro bowl? This is still Jacksonville.

Team success will equal more visibility which will equal more individual recognition for players. People forget we had multiple pro-bowlers in the glory years of the 90s. It didn't hurt that they were really good players either.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.