Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
ProBowl year for SS John Cyprien

Quote:Team success will equal more visibility which will equal more individual recognition for players. People forget we had multiple pro-bowlers in the glory years of the 90s. It didn't hurt that they were really good players either.

I don't think we are going to see huge team success this year either.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:I don't think we are going to see huge team success this year either.

I think you'll be pleasantly surprised this year but I believe the real recognition will start in 2015 and beyond.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

Quote:I don't think we are going to see huge team success this year either.

I think we'll see marked improvement across the board.  I don't think anyone is expecting "huge success" this year.

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Quote:http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/photos/due-...2014#img_4

Foxsports thinks Cyp might take off this year.
Anyone else notice that they list him as a CB there. LOL.

What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

Quote:I think we'll see marked improvement across the board.  I don't think anyone is expecting "huge success" this year.

I agree, but my point is that the success would have to be huge for Cyprien to get national recognition and pro bowl votes

The one true hope is to see growth with the young players on the team.

[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

Pick 33 (Jaguars): Jonathan Cyprien – FS, FIU

Jonathan Cyprien is your typical small-school climb-up-the-ranks players. After a successful four years with the Panthers of Florida International University, Cyprien’s talent shined through in a draft not loaded with secondary defenders. He continued his success at Jacksonville, as FIU’s all-time leading tackler brought his high motor to the NFL, amassing 98 tackles, 2 forced fumbles, 1 sack and 1 interception in his rookie campaign. If it weren’t for a surge in popularity in the weeks leading up to the draft, there’s a good chance the Cowboys would have selected Johnathon Cyprien in the 2nd or 3rd round last April.

http://sportdfw.com/2014/01/06/what-could-have-been/

SI props

ESPN's Top 50 breakout players has him at #5 (along with four other Jaguars)

5. Johnathan Cyprien, S, Jacksonville Jaguars. Jaguars coach Gus Bradley was around top safeties when he worked with Earl Thomas and Kam Chancellor in Seattle.

Cyprien finished his 2013 rookie season on an upswing, and should benefit from personnel upgrades to the front seven.

Curious, who's number 1? I don't have espn insider

Quote:Prisco is basically a Jaguars fan

Quote:Maybe you should try it sometime.

BUUUURRRNNNN!!

[Image: Brunell_sig_zps13c33193.jpg]

Quote:I agree, but my point is that the success would have to be huge for Cyprien to get national recognition and pro bowl votes

Not necessarily.  We've seen players make the Pro Bowl in the past despite the team being less than stellar. 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Poz is a great example of that last season when the team only won four games towards the end of the year.

Quote:ESPN's Top 50 breakout players has him at #5 (along with four other Jaguars)

5. Johnathan Cyprien, S, Jacksonville Jaguars. Jaguars coach Gus Bradley was around top safeties when he worked with Earl Thomas and Kam Chancellor in Seattle.

Cyprien finished his 2013 rookie season on an upswing, and should benefit from personnel upgrades to the front seven.

I'd love to see it happen.  I don't really see him impacting the game that much when I watched last year.

Quote:BUUUURRRNNNN!!

Not going to lie, I chucked lol.

Quote:I'd love to see it happen.  I don't really see him impacting the game that much when I watched last year.
Good thing it's not last year. 

Rookies do tend to improve from year 1 to year 2. 

Quote:Good thing it's not last year. 

Rookies do tend to improve from year 1 to year 2. 

Rookies tend to regress after overachieving as well.

Quote:Rookies tend to regress after overachieving as well.
I'm thinking Cyprien won't be regressing this year under the tutelage of Gus Bradley and his coaching staff, but you're more than welcome to be Debbie Downer if it makes you feel better. 

Quote:Not going to lie, I chucked lol.
How far?

THERE IS A SKELETON INSIDE OF YOU.

RIGHT NOW. THIS IS NOT A JOKE.

In my humble opinion, all of the strong safeties in the AFC really suck, so Cyphrien in the Pro Bowl isn't a stretch at all.  Polamalu, who is about half the player he was a few years ago, is going to win the popularity contest, however.

As for the best SS, he plays in Seattle.  Kam Chancellor is a bad, bad man.  You don't want to take a ride on the Kamtrack.

Quote:I'd love to see it happen.  I don't really see him impacting the game that much when I watched last year.

I agree with the above.